Multiples
Options

FTM intro

edited December 2014 in Multiples
Hi. This is my first pregnancy. I'm due May 22nd. (16weeks today) We were surprised at week ten to find out it was twins. (One baby has been hiding at our earlier US) they think they are mo/di.

Pregnancy is new to me and I'm totally lost when it comes to twin pregnancy. I have tons of questions so I'm looking. forward to reading the other discussions. I'm pretty excited. :) We find out the sex on Monday.

Not sure if this has been asked but everyone is telling us to put the babies in the same bed. I was under the impression that it isn't safe to do. Is it safe and if so at what age do you sepparate?
Thanks. :)

Re: FTM intro

• Options
    We always did separate cribs, ourselves. We had them in the same room for around a year -- since we were all about the "one up, both up" approach in the MOTN. Once they started napping different lengths and STTN, we moved them to separate rooms (even though, they still wake up within, like 5 minutes of each other. Even if their wake-up time can vary by two hours in the AM -- it's like they "know" the other is up. It's ridiculous. ;) )
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! My boys slept in the same crib until 8 months. They told me when they were ready to be separated because they were no longer sleeping through the night. One would usually wake up and we had a hard time getting them back to sleep. Once we separated them they went right back to sleeping through the night.
    ~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome. Ours have been apart since the NICU. Sometimes in separate rooms.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    Thank you so much everyone. :)
    @Brummy14‌ did the one up both up work well?
  • Options
    Yes! One up, both up worked very well for us. We were still up every couple of hours, but at least we weren't up, like, all night with just one of them at a time. ;)
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
  • Options
    Congrats! I just had my twins and they told us separate cribs, because of sids risk. Right now I nurse them when they wake up, but eventually, I think, I will try 1 up both up, which happens half the time anyways.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I think that it is a personal preference on how you want your babies to sleep.  My twins slept together in a pack and play for the first four months, and they were snuggled against each other sometimes.  Then they slept in Rock and Plays for a month, and now are in separate cribs.  I stopped putting them together when they were too heavy for the pack and play, and seemed to startle each other more.  
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    breezyweezerbreezyweezer member
    edited December 2014
    I have asked this question of several local twin moms in my area and 3/4 said they slept in the same crib, one even said they still sleep in the same bed even though they have separate beds and they are 7 years old! I personally plan to start off with one crib and see how it goes. If it seems to be a problem with them waking each other up, etc. then I will separate. I think this is one of those things you will just learn as the time comes, ya know? 

And congratulations! I am almost 16 weeks, dying to find out their sex so I can start buying stuff! Make sure you push to find out the chorionicity, because if they are definitely monochorionic you will need to be monitored more closely and frequently to keep a look out for TTTS. Not trying to freak you out, but it's something I had to learn on my own because my OB sucked and didn't even mention that they are higher risk. Best of luck to you :)
  • Options
    Congrats! yes mono is higher risk. TTTS. We are planning to sleep our girls together at first. They are used to sharing space and can be calmer when together than apart. If that doesn't work well, then we will see what does. I wouldn't think its an issue to bed share before they can reposition themselves/roll over.... but you get to make that call as the parent. If you are concerned for safety and feel better separating them- you're the boss :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"