August 2015 Moms

Anybody else on Baby #3?

2»

Re: Anybody else on Baby #3?

• @mrspiatt‌ My oldest son knows already. I had an extremely high risk pregnancy with my daughter and it was very hard on him. So since that was the case and he remembers how sick I was with that pregnancy I didn't want him to be concerned when I am in the bathroom getting sick etc. I go for my first prenatal visit on 12/23 which is just about 8 weeks. I am planning on doing a letter from Santa for Bailey letting her know you will be promoted to big sister. Bailey has ADHD and is very rough to handle in the mornings and even worse now that morning sickness has set in. So I am telling her around then in hopes that her helpful side comes in and she tries harder to do better in the mornings.

My hubby has decided he wants to wait longer than that to tell my step son but I am sure Bailey will blurt it out at some point LOL.
  • @elizabetheleven‌ My oldest is a boy, also have a step son and my current youngest is a girl. I will tell you from experience boys are easier than girls.

I don't care what sex this baby is as long as baby is here. My daughter obviously wants a sister and my son wants a brother. My son knows about current pregnancy and my daughter does not at this time.
  • Loading the player...
  • #3 for me :) I have a 2 (girl) and 4 (boy) yr old... But I haven't told my husband yet because I feel like with the holidays being so stressful I'm trying to wait until Christmas... Hopefully then he'll be more focused and excited for the LO instead of the holiday stress.
  • #3 here too! I have a daughter age 6 and son age 4. DB has a 9 year old daughter. I'm secretly hoping we add a buddy for my son!
  • #3 here as well. Complete surprise for us. My DD is 14 and DS is 11. I am 36. Don't care what we have as long as it's healthy.
  • @jessers74‌ my 11 year old has ADHD, so I can relate to the morning chaos. The boys both know I've been sick, so luckily they're "trying" to behave. I'm just finding it difficult to be patient when I'm feeling so terrible and he's bouncing off the wall instead of getting ready for school.
  • We are planning to tell our kids (3 & 5) on Christmas eve.  If all goes well with my appt. on the 19th then we will go ahead and tell them.  I ordered big sis and big bro shirts.  I figured we would wrap them up with a picture of the ultrasound and let them open them before we head out to celebrate with DH family.  The kids can share the news then.  Christmas would be too hard to keep a secret.  I would be outed by not drinking.  I would rather tell than be outed.

• We are planning to tell our kids (3 & 5) on Christmas eve.  If all goes well with my appt. on the 19th then we will go ahead and tell them.  I ordered big sis and big bro shirts.  I figured we would wrap them up with a picture of the ultrasound and let them open them before we head out to celebrate with DH family.  The kids can share the news then.  Christmas would be too hard to keep a secret.  I would be outed by not drinking.  I would rather tell than be outed.
    This is my worry also. DB and I always have a beer or two during family get togethers.. So when they notice I'm drinking water instead SOMEONE is going to know what's up.
  • #3 here too. I also feel as though I'm starting over even though it's something we've planned for. My daughter is 12 and son is 7. The kids already know, they have been very involved with planning this pregnancy and were waiting along with dad when I took the test. I'm due Aug 2 but hoping I go sometime in July so my LOs won't have to share a birthday month.
  • Baby number 3 :). We have a 4 year old girl and a 2 year old boy. Praying I get my son potty trained before the new baby.
  • @mrspiatt

It seems the cat is out of the bag.  My hubby told my daughter tonight that Santa had an early surprise for her.  She seems excited and I am hoping that this will get her to be more helpful in the mornings than wanting to fight about getting ready for school.

That is cool that the kids have been involved from the beginning.  I'm due 8/5 but my pregnancies always seem to only last to 38 weeks so if that stays true than we will be in July also.  Our family is full of March birthdays and my due date is actually the day after my step sons birthday in August which would spread out the birthdays in our house.
  • On pregnancy #3 myself...hoping for twins so I can be done after this, because I hate odd numbers!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • First off: sorry to those with past losses, but congrats on being here!!

We're welcoming a charmer (third's a charm, right? ;) )  We also have a 5yo DS and a 3yo DD who are excited for their new baby sibling to arrive.  We're still up in the air about finding out the gender ... we get so excited, though, I don't think we can wait.
    About Me: My Aug15 BMB Intro
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers beach
    Aug 15 BMB Jan Siggy Challenge: Mean Girls ... tbd
    Pregnancy%20ticker BabyGaga BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jessers74‌ I'm glad she's excited! Hopefully your mornings become much easier for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"