Chit Chat

Sharing baby names.

Rough story short. Everyone is pregnant or just popped. Four babies still waiting to be named. You know everyone has a secret baby name list and you obviously don't share it with anyone. Which creates sometimes a problem when everyone is pregnant....Lol Now what do you do when this list you've had forever starts getting compromised out of just random bad luck. My cousins both names there daughters from names off my list. I was crushed. I'm like of all names? Lol Well its starting to happen again, I have no idea how but it is lol my friend is further along than me but still can't decide on a baby name for her son. I've already decided but we're still having to wait on sex. The other day she mentioned 2 names off my list out of all the names she's come up with that are really good. Anyways, we finally told her she can't name it that because that's our number one name. The second one has been on the list forever and i understand i can't hold names for ransom on a chance will have 2 sons. She's frustrated, I'm frustrated. Lol what do you do? I'm getting mad at her cause she's throwing her frustrations at me. Like I can't help you picked my names out of thin air but I know I don't own them either. Just because I'm less along than her doesn't give her first pick? Lol sorry this was suppose to be short.

Re: Sharing baby names.

• ^^^What she said. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Lol that's funny. She was and still is mad we picked our names first and one name she picked was already grabbed. I told her the others were fine. But she's still all panty twisted about it lol
  • I like your bluntness @EatsRitz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

• How about a russian name like Anna like my baby girl?
  • oh good lord......you tried to tell someone what they couldn't name their child??

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • It sounds like you're choosing extremely common names, if this many people are choosing the same ones.  If that's the case, as soon as your kid starts school, half their classmates will have the same name as them anyway.  If you don't want to share names, don't name them something common.

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

• NEWSFLASH. People can be named the same thing. Even in the same extended family! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Name your child whatever you want to. I mean if it was a name like La'daycha or something, I could see why it might be an issue. 
  • Name your child whatever you want to. I mean if it was a name like La'daycha or something, I could see why it might be an issue. 

Weird more than one person would want to name their child that!!
  • This is why I stick to different names. I hve dd and dd2 on the way and they both have boys names. Dd1 is named austyn, and soon to be dd2 will be named Aubrey. It sucks when people pick names you wanted your entire life but you can't help what other people do an is it really worth losing a friendship over? You will find a name you like better I promise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"