Baby Showers
Options

Big Ticket Items

So I am working on my registry (I know it is kind of early but me and BF live in Fl, his family is in VA, and mine in PA, and this is the only month we are able to go north until well after baby comes, so they are having semi- showers for us).  I am a FTM so while making my registry list, I am also making a what we need to buy list. (For now, mostly things we want not need)  My question is about putting big ticket items on my registry(Furniture) is this a thing I should do, or is this tacky.  Thanks! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Big Ticket Items

• Options
    hillgirl322hillgirl322 member
    edited December 2014
    I would put large items on. Some people may decide to chip in together to get you a crib, changing table, etc. and if not you can use the completion coupon to purchase them yourself.

Not sure where you are registering, but BRU has a rewards program to get a percentage of the cost of items purchased off your registry so if you are registering there that would be more motivation to add them.

ETA: words are hard
  • Options
    I would put everything on there, as pp said the completion coupon is a big help!  You never know who might want to go in together and purchase a larger item. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It isn't tacky. I personally didn't because I simply didn't want people knowing how much was being spent on these big items. I used the 20% coupons for BBB. Also for the sake of simplicity our registry doubled as our need-to-buy list. Good luck!! :)
  • Options

You can put whatever you want on your registry, which is helpful when you receive your completion discount.  I also feel that by putting everything on your registry helps serve as a list of what you still need/don't need for baby.

My DH and I did not put furniture on our registry simply because we knew we were going to purchase that stuff ourselves. However, we did put other large ticket items on our registry, like car-seat, stroller, monitor...

• Options
    I put everything on there. I added things I recieved also and marked them as recieved so everyone could see I had plenty clothes etc. and the bedding set (my mom bought immidiately) so everyone could see the room theme/colors. People like to go in as a group to buy a big ticket item it's easier for everyone to not have to shop and just throw some money at it without everyone knowing who spent what. I was ecstatic and surprised at the expensive gifts I received.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I put everything on and then when I bought my crib and changer, I took those items off. I am still hoping someone goes in as a group for the dresser and glider!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At BRU we were encouraged by the registry staff to put everything on the list.  We already knew that our parents were purchasing the "big ticket" items (crib, dresser, etc.) but because of the rewards program, we would still get credit because they were listed on the registry.  BRU and Target also offer completion coupons (usually 15-20%) for items that weren't gifted at your shower.
  • Options
    lilgroom3 said:

At BRU we were encouraged by the registry staff to put everything on the list.  We already knew that our parents were purchasing the "big ticket" items (crib, dresser, etc.) but because of the rewards program, we would still get credit because they were listed on the registry.  BRU and Target also offer completion coupons (usually 15-20%) for items that weren't gifted at your shower.

FYI this thread is from December.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Deleted. Didn't realize it was a zombie thread.