April 2015 Moms

Diaper Bag Question

2»

Re: Diaper Bag Question

• I got a really cute Kate Spade diaper bag off of Amazon. I love it!
  • Loading the player...
  • So I bought this before we found out we were having a boy. It was a steal I paid around $60 for this bag Vera Bradley was having a special promo and I had no intentions of actually buying a bag that day but hello this bag is normally around $120. Should I keep this and use it or get another bag that I was planning on getting. I just think it's too girly for a boys diaper bag even though I'm the one actually carrying it. What do you think?
    imageimage
    imageimage

• Thought I would share my diaper bag for those of you still debating. I just got it today and I love it. Super big and lots of pockets. It's a Matt & Nat, I got on sale at land of nod.
  • @cwiceangel‌ I got my petunia picklebottom diaper bag on Zulily a couple months ago. Def keep your eyes open for one on there. I think I got mine for around $90 including shipping. I didn't get the backpack one though. Mine has a messenger strap, which works just as well for me.
  • I love my Coach diaper bag. I used it for my first and will for this baby as well. I have a patent leather one and it's now almost 4 years old and still looks just as good as the day I bought it. Plus, after it served it's "diaper bag" purpose, I use it as an overnight bag. Very convenient.
    @jmccoy18‌ listed everything I carried. I also always had an extra blanket or swaddle. Can't remember now of she said that or not. Also, I carried extra pads/pantyliners, breast pads, any medicine for myself and/or baby (gas drops for baby especially!!), and occasionally an extra shirt for myself. The extra shirt for myself came in very handy during spit up sessions, one blowout diaper, and just one time I dropped a BBQ sandwich on myself. :blush: I will also say, get one that zips shut. I've seen bags that don't and I would HATE that. You want to keep things out of site from others, from curious baby as he/she gets older, and safe from the elements.
  • So I bought this before we found out we were having a boy. It was a steal I paid around $60 for this bag Vera Bradley was having a special promo and I had no intentions of actually buying a bag that day but hello this bag is normally around $120. Should I keep this and use it or get another bag that I was planning on getting. I just think it's too girly for a boys diaper bag even though I'm the one actually carrying it. What do you think?
    You are the one carrying the diaper bag. Not the baby. I consider it a purse.

DH was the one carrying my diaper bag, I carried the baby.  He wouldn't have carried it if it was pink...

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Anyone have a Skip Hop bag?  They seem to be nice...
  • lilann2011lilann2011 member
    edited December 2014
    We ended up just using a backpack we have and love it! We even bought a backpack diaper bag and just a plain old backpack has worked great. My opinion get yourself a nice leather purse and a cheaper diaper bag :)
  • DH suggested a ja sport backpack, but I feel that baby stuff needs to be more compartmentalized. Oh, and really cute. I'm going for the new line of jujube bff! Backpack/ tote/strap & the zinger- machine washable.
  • ClareH1217ClareH1217 member
    edited December 2014
    souptin said:
    Anyone have a Skip Hop bag?  They seem to be nice...
    I'm assuming you didn't read the thread. It was mentioned a few times.
    I did read the thread- very carefully.  Lots of discussion of Kate Spade and Petunia Pickle Bottom.  A few people said they liked the Skip Hop bag, but I wanted to see if anyone actually HAD one already and if they liked it.  I've bought tons of bags that looked good in theory but sucked for actual day to day use, so it's nice to hear from someone who has actually put something to use.  Please don't assume I didn't read the thread when I am asking a clarifying question to a topic that I thought could use some more exploration.  Assuming is never a good idea.
  • I have a skip hop bag. It's nice. I bought it because it has a lot less chemicals than other bags or at least they tell you what it's made of. Also, it had built in stroller clips, which was very useful.

I am not really a bag/purse person, so to me they are all the same. I think a normal backpack would have been just as good and a lot cheaper.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • souptin said:
    souptin said:
    I did read the thread- very carefully.  Lots of discussion of Kate Spade and Petunia Pickle Bottom.  A few people said they liked the Skip Hop bag, but I wanted to see if anyone actually HAD one already and if they liked it.  I've bought tons of bags that looked good in theory but sucked for actual day to day use, so it's nice to hear from someone who has actually put something to use.  Please don't assume I didn't read the thread when I am asking a clarifying question to a topic that I thought could use some more exploration.  Assuming is never a good idea.
    Well thank you for the lesson on assuming.

I don't know what I would have done without it!..next thing you know is I might assume that you already looked up product reviews on the specific bags you like as opposed to asking a question about an entire brand that has several types and styles and therefore no clear answer.  You really saved me pal!

You know, you're just being rude.  I've looked up tons of reviews on different bags.  Sometimes they don't have good reviews.  I like several different Skip Hop styles and would be open to pretty much anything from the brand. I wanted to see what people thought in general and left it open to them to share information.  You were the one who had to cut in with a rude comment.  Please calm down.
  • ClareH1217ClareH1217 member
    edited December 2014
    souptin said:
    souptin said:
    Well thank you for the lesson on assuming.

I don't know what I would have done without it!..next thing you know is I might assume that you already looked up product reviews on the specific bags you like as opposed to asking a question about an entire brand that has several types and styles and therefore no clear answer.  You really saved me pal!

You know, you're just being rude.  I've looked up tons of reviews on different bags.  I've found sometimes they don't have good reviews, enough reviews, any reviews, etc.  I like several different Skip Hop styles and would be open to considering pretty much anything from the brand, which is why I wasn't more specific. I wanted to see what people thought in general and left it open to them to share information.  You were the one who had to cut in with a rude comment and now that I've spent 15 minutes explaining myself to you over one simple question that was quite pertinent to the thread, I'm done. Please calm down.

For clarification, if anyone OWNS a Skip Hop diaper bag and likes it after putting it to use, please let me know which one you have and why you like it.  Otherwise people are going to lose it.

Apologize for the accidental double post.

• I have a SKip Hop Versa diaper bag and have used it for 17 months as my daycare diaper bag meaning I pack an leave it at DC each day. 
    It's held up okay, but my bag is light colored and it didn't wash well. I like all the compartments, but the cell phone pocket is way to small for anything other then my chapstick. The additional front pockets are useful. I wish I would have gotten a bag with an insulated pocket for milk and food now that baby is not BFing. 
    Stroller straps are a very nice convenience, but I find the shoulder strap to be uncomfortable and slides off when the bag is filled and I have a baby in my arms, a pad would have been helpful. The diaper changing pad is a joke, short, and flimsy and really didn't hold up well with the constant wiping, although I am a bit of a germ-a-phobe when it comes to public changing tables and afterwards I always wipe the pad like a crazy momma. 

FWIW I got a PPB a month after DS was born because I wasn't in love with my Skip Hop Versa. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"