Special Needs

holiday card fun

Please tell me I'm not the only one that used a pic of your SN kiddo from earlier in the year. I tried to get ones of him that were holiday ish....but every one was an epic fail. Blurry limbs, tantrums, not even vaguely looking at the camera...you name it. I ended up using the Santa pic as the one of both kids and one from Father's Day for DSs individual shot. DDs individual one was beside the tree.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
~All AL'ers welcome~

Re: holiday card fun

• greyt00greyt00 member
    edited December 2014
    Please tell me I'm not the only one that used a pic of your SN kiddo from earlier in the year. I tried to get ones of him that were holiday ish....but every one was an epic fail. Blurry limbs, tantrums, not even vaguely looking at the camera...you name it. I ended up using the Santa pic as the one of both kids and one from Father's Day for DSs individual shot. DDs individual one was beside the tree.
    Are you kidding?  I don't even try anymore.  I got a holiday picture for DS1 when he was 10 months old, 3 years ago.  I haven't even made a photo card at all since then, until this year.  The reason is because I always wanted a holiday picture on the card, and I couldn't get one, so then I didn't even bother.  I realized how ridiculous that is -- ridiculous for that to stop me from making a cute photo card.  :)  I used non-holidays pics from our family picture session this year.  I even got my cards made in October!  Plenty of people use non-holiday pictures on cards, even without special needs kids.  :)  I'm sorry it didn't work out but you are far from alone!

I MIGHT try holiday pics next year.  Maybe. 

• I gave up on the idea of a picture card this year. The baby is adorable and chipper and compliant and his brother is going through a Calvin phase. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Loading the player...
  • We did a "year in review" card and I used all the cute action photos from throughout the year- I think it's my favorite one so far!
  • Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited December 2014
    typeset said:

I gave up on the idea of a picture card this year. The baby is adorable and chipper and compliant and his brother is going through a Calvin phase. 

Haha!

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• We didn't do a photo card this year. I do plan on taking Christmas pictures of him with our dog, but I always do sleeping pictures. Like for Easter, I dressed our dog up like a bunny and had her sit next to DS while he was napping. And for Halloween, I waiting until he was asleep to take a picture of him posed with all of his accessories. There was no way of getting him to keep everything on while he was awake. He's such a blur in pictures anyways.

I make photo ornaments for the grandparents each year and just use a good photo from any time during the year.

I wish we could do a Santa picture, but I know that's pretty much impossible. Last year, his Santa picture is of some poor Santa trying to restrain DS on his lap while DS was trying to hit his face and squirm away.
    DS 10/2012
  • greyt00greyt00 member
    edited December 2014
    Regarding cost, I was a total nerd this year.  We use Shutterfly, who is constantly giving prints away.  You pay shipping which isn't small, but can still come away with 4x6 prints at 10 cents or less.  Anyway, for some reason the Christmas card bug bit me in October and I wanted to get it done and I settled for 30% off.  I could have gotten a much better deal around Thanksgiving.  I've been making notes of all their sales ever since, so I know what to hold out for next year!  I'll have the card made but just wait to order it.  My Gmail account has turned into this crazy journal/electronic post-it note pile.

• I think when we take a single moment of DS next to our Christmas tree we have to take like 10 pictures because he jumps and moves a lot. Our digital camera looks like a flip book. We do manage to get one or two good shots out of the ten.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That website is great.

@Sailor Saturn‌ It only takes you ten shots to get a good one??? ;)

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Usm123 said:

This is why I do shutterfly cards with a mix of pictures. I've got swimsuits, Halloween, sports and just random photos. I'll never get a decent shot of them together.

I did put the best Christmas outtakes on the back just for fun. Like where DS2 has his hands in DS1's mouth and dS1 is dangling ornaments over his brother's head.

I stuck some outtakes on the back, too. My fave is of DD in her fancy dress with a string of Christmas lights....except she tipped over so her butt is in the air and her face has a "wtf just happened?" look.

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"