LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check-In (12/8)

Good Morning!

How is your/your partner's TTC journey progressing, where are you at, and what's next?
*Reminder - If you have a BFP to announce, please do so by creating a new thread for everyone on the board to see. Thank you!

QOTW: What friend/family member has had the biggest impact on your life and why?

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
TTC since 6/11
Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

Re: TTC Check-In (12/8)

• Options

Well I was wrong thinking the Estrace was making me sick.  Turns out I had a stomach bug:\">   I don't normally get sick with those things so it wasn't even on my radar.  I'm doing much better.  Last week I had blood work and u/s done.  My lining was at 12.78 which is great but my estrogen came back at 133, which is on the low side for the amount of pills I'm taking.  My RE said it's the lining that matters and so we're going ahead with our transfer Wed. This coupled with doing solo parenting on Thurs and Fri is leaving me with less hope this will work.  The timing of this FET is almost exact to 2 years ago when my wife did IVF#1.  We were devastated when we got the BFN at Christimas time.  I hope this time around we get the opposite results.

I'm going to talk spirituality stuff so if this isn't your cup of tea please feel free to skip this part.

I've been trying to stay zen through out this process.  After reading the book Spirit Babies last year, I've started talking to my future babies.  I know how out there this may seem to some but when you have no control over the outcome of this very scientific process, it's been nice to look at it through a spiritual lens.  So I started talking to this baby too.  I've been letting them know they can come into our lives when they are ready and we will try to be patient.  I've also been reassuring them that even though it looks like our lives are crazy, we wouldn't trade it for anything!  If this cycle doesn't work for us I am allowing us short time to grieve but then we need to move on.  We already have so much to be thankful for this year that it isn't fair to R for us to be swallowed up by our sadness.  If I come back with a BFN and appear to have lost this mindset, please, someone remind me of these words.

QOTW:  My first boss Ro.  She is the one responsible for my spirtuality.  My mom taught me religion but Ro taught me how the energy in the universe works and introduced me to the likes of Marianne Williamson.

• Options
    Glad you are feeling better @karlamo.  I also believe very much in projecting positivity to your future with the mindset of inviting positive things to come.  Best of luck and fingers crossed FET on Wednesday!

Unfortunately, our exciting BFP on 11/30 turned into a CP by 12/5.  Aside from attending a harvest festival Saturday, we kept the weekend pretty low key which was nice since I didn't feel like really doing much of anything.  I think a day of vegging yesterday snuggled up on the couch with the farm watching Gilmore Girls reruns was just what I needed to feel better.  As of today, we are looking ahead with positive attitudes and are planning to continue our TTC as normal.

QOTW: What friend/family member has had the biggest impact on your life and why?  Definitely my Dad.  He isn't my biological father, but raised me from the time I was 2 years old.  We were always very close, and his love of food, music and poetry introduced me to things I am not sure I would have had the same appreciation for had it not been for him.  He was also essential in keeping things together between my Mom and I when I came out.  I was 15 years old, and because of my age, he was the only one who actually listened and realized that it wasn't just "a phase I was going through."  His acceptance and support ultimately brought my Mom and I closer and we have remained so even after his passing almost 8 years ago.
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sdfonz619, I'm so sorry to hear this. 
  • Options

@sdfonz619 - I'm so sorry for your loss. 

@Karlamo - I hope all goes well on Wednesday!  I don't think you sound crazy at all.  I talked to my little bean when I was having my chemical and then also to the other four during my fresh and frozen cycles. 

@sarahtrpt -  I always find it a little crazy that folks have to go through counseling for some of the things we're doing.  I considered switching sperm banks for this last purchase, but decided not to when I realized we would have to go through a counseling session at the bank I was considering.  We are well through this process, I don't think we need to be counseled...I just needed vials of sperm.

@TwoMomsinTX - First of all, a big F you to the friend you mentioned in the confessions thread.  I don't think that traveling around that time would be a bad thing.  In the grand scheme of pregnancy related things, most folks don't get an u/s until around 7-8 weeks anyway.  The one thing I could see this being an issue for would be if you need extra progesterone support.  Without the blood work, you won't know, so if you did need it, you wouldn't have access, etc. 

No word from my RE's office today, so hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.  Today is day 3 of BCPs, so we're on our way at any rate. 

QOTW:  I would have to say my paternal Grandma.  I spent a lot of time with her, but most notably, I found a new strength in myself when I helped her through the end of her life. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• Options
    A day late... 

I'm now 5dpiui/4dpo. Is it weird that this doesn't feel like the one? The timing was good but there were two other times where it felt different -- even this early on. (Then again, I've never gotten a BFP so who can say...?) My temps are staying over the coverline and still rising but they're low -- I don't know what that's about. For the past several months I've worried about what I do during the TWW. This month, I've done a bit more exercise. I figure that people work out and get pregnant all the time -- this isn't anything high impact at all and I haven't gotten pregnant yet the less exercise way so I might as well feel a bit better/healthier while slogging through this process. 

QOTW: Have the good/bad influence thing going with a few people in my life, including my mother and a best friend growing up. I felt inspired to do more, go further, etc. but it wasn't always for the right reasons. (Perfectionist tendencies... YUCK. Haha.) Still, they influenced me to be where I am today and that's pretty great.  

• Options
    Karlamo!!

Nothing new here, just plugging along this month.  I think my work schedule is getting more settled for the new year and I think I will have the whole month of January at home, which means we could potentially get IUI #1 in that month.  I selfishly want to try in January because I have this totally arbitrary thing going in my head that I wanted to have baby #1 before I turned 35.  IF (big if) I got knocked up in January I would sneak in right at 34 and 11 mo!  I know it really doesn't matter, but mentally its a thing I have...

Question- Would you be OK to be traveling and out of country starting right before BETA and potentially w5 and w6 of pregnancy?  I am struggling with this one.  Part of me thinks no beta following and no early u/s would be a nice change this time around since it caused me so much stress the last time and part of me thinks if I get a BFN I'll just blame the fact I was traveling... I can't decide whats better to make a go of it in Jan or wait till March!

QOTW:  Probably one of my old bosses.  She was just an amazing and inspiring woman & pushed me to be a better employee & human. 

Do you already have a trip planned and paid for? 

If this was an IVF cycle I would be hesitant but with it being an IUI and a less stressful procedure I would think a trip away would be great.  I would bring sticks to pee on so you know, but otherwise you wouldn't even get an u/s till 6 w anyway and it sounds like you'd be back in time for that.  Does this place happen to have a swim up bar just in case???

;)
  • Options
    @Karlamo‌ hope this is the one for you!
    @sdfonz619‌ sorry about the CP, keep your head up.
    @channe9‌ I think it's too early. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

To everyone else, good luck this month! Hopefully the new year will bring in something great for everyone TTC!

As for me, I'll be finishing my clomid tomorrow and ordered my trigger shot yesterday. I'm guessing my IUI's will be next week. Maybe a double shot of sperm will make it happen lol!

Happy Holidays to everyone!

My biggest inspiration is a high school teacher that took me under her wing and taught me so many things. She is still a part of my life and visits me from Kansas!
  • Options

@karlamo - SO excited for you.  Good luck tomorrow!!!

@sdfonz619 - I'm really sorry to hear about the CP.  It's such an emotional swing and it sucks.

@sarahtrpt - I would guess that most counselors worry more about couples who come off as "Too perfect" than those who are honest about the struggles that every couple faces at some time in their life.  After all, acknowledging that there's work to be done puts you one step closer to fixing the problem!  But I'm sorry that you two have been struggling.  Even though you know your relationship is solid, it's still tough to deal with the stress.

@twomomsintx- Any time you feel stressed about having that kiddo before you turn 35, just remember that I'm over here TTC at age 40.  Hopefully that will make you feel better!  As for the trip ... I think that physically you would be just fine and it might be a nice distraction.  But only you can be the judge of helpful vs. stressful for you.

@stacylh24 - I seriously want to punch everyone at your RE's office.  Can I?  CAN I????  I'm so sorry that they're not more on top of things.

@wittyandwaiting - I'm sorry about your BFN but really hopeful that your timing will work well for the next cycle!

@channe9 - Good for you!  Whatever any of us can do while TTC to make ourselves feel better (as long as it's not destructive) is fine by me.  But I'm sports nut, so anything athletic or fitness related is always going to be okay in my book.

@officerofthelaw - I really, truly, hope that this next cycle is the one for you.  I'm glad you decided to continue the journey.

I'm just on the tail end of my TWW.  Trying not to stress too much or read into anything.  I'm trying to be zen about it.  I had such a long journey with my first, I just can't go there with the heartbreak month after month after month again, I have to detatch more.  Who knows?  Maybe that's my thing ...

QOTW: I have been blessed with an amazing family, and now an amazing family of in-laws as well.  But I think the person who has, and still does, have the most profound effect on me is my Sister.  She models unconditional love in a way that I can't even explain.  Having her support throughout my life has given me the confidence to do and try things that I never would have otherwise.  She also challenges me on a daily basis because she and I are so different.  I have to see the world through her eyes and while it's frustrating, it's also a real gift.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• Options
    Thinking of you @JGY! Have you been temping and/or when is the big POAS/beta day??

8->

Yes when are you going to pee on a stick?

• Options

@wittyandwaiting - I'm sorry for your BFN.  I'm glad you'll be able to get another cycle in before your RE's office closes for two weeks!

@channe9 - I felt how you do during my second IUI.  I used OPKs for that cycle and hadn't ovulated yet when I went in for my IUI.  I know that is the ideal, but I just felt like it was too early and felt like that cycle was out from the beginning. 

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    @crazyaunt84, That's awesome you found a donor and that you feel good about moving forward! 
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    @CrazyAunt84‌ so glad you two found a donor:) good luck with the process!
  • Options
    @CrazyAunt84‌ glad you found the right donor for you. We had to do it 4/5 times. It is stressful to say the least. Looks like now you are ready for the next step!
  • Options
    @CrazyAunt84 - Yay for finding a new donor!  I felt so relieved when I got that done.  Still no word from my RE's office.  I'll give them until Friday before I call again.  I suppose technically I still have about two weeks before anything real exciting happens.  I would really like to have an idea of the plan though. 

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    @CrazyAunt84‌ So happy you and C have found a new donor! It took us months and 3 companies to narrow it down. It's hard when I'm super picky :) I vetoed so many of L's picks!

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    @Himee33 - That is great news all around!!! 

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    Right now we're on hiatus, our ER doesn't do transfers in December. I'm waiting for my period to start so that they can sync our cycles for transfer in January! I was rear ended a few days after Thanksgiving, my truck was totaled. Still trying to recover but keeping up hope for the transfer. Hope everything goes well for my bumpies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"