Parenting after a Loss

*~*~Infant Checkin 12/8*~*~

Infant Age:

Milestones:

Challenges:

Funny/cute stories:

QOTW: What are you getting your LO's for christmas?

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

Re: *~*~Infant Checkin 12/8*~*~

• Infant Age: 6w 4d

Milestones: She has started sleeping more at night (usually start with a 5 hour stretch) and I've been able to put her down for naps finally.  In fact, she is sleeping soundly in her monkey chair right now.  She is very alert when she is awake and loves to look at everything around her.  She also is pulling herself around on her play mat a bit and managed to roll to the right this week.  Last week she was only going left. 

Challenges:  We still are having trouble transitioning her to the cradle.  She really hates sleeping flat on her back, except of course in our bed.  We also are having some issues with painful gas.  It is not every day, but when it does happen she gets so upset.  Nothing we've tried really helps so we just try to comfort her while she works it out.

Funny/cute stories:  I love taking pictures of Lilly's smile.  This past week I started sending them to people and calling them "cute-o-grams."  My friend from grad school told me she was going to be induced on Wednesday so I wanted to send her one.  Lilly was being all super smiley, but when I went to take the picture she spit up.  So instead of a cute smile I got a stream of spit up coming out of her mouth.  I of course did not send that one to my friend (I took another picture which did capture her smile), but I thought it was hilarious.

QOTW: What are you getting your LO's for christmas?  We are doing the four present rule even though she wont know the difference.  I want to make it a habit from this first year.  So, she'll be getting a board book, a new outfit, some kind of toy (I'm thinking about this educational block set), and maybe a teething necklace for when we get to that stage.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice
  • I've been MIA for a bit just b/c work has been really busy, but I'd like to get back to checking in with you lovely ladies and your babies!

Infant Age: 6 months

Milestones: DS is sitting up on his own, unsupported/unassisted. He can scoot (on his butt) towards things he wants.

Challenges: He spits up after every single bottle. It's not a lot, but it's seriously no matter what. I hope that dies down sooner rather than later. He also has horribly dry skin and it can be hard to manage without making sure to moisturize him numerous times a day.

Funny/cute stories: DS2 is so enamored with DS1. He loves watching him, studies him, laughs all the time at him. My DH and DS1 frequently "wrestle" each night right before bed just kind of playing around, and every time DS1 does this kind of scream/laugh, DS1 copies him and squeals in delight. It's so adorable!

QOTW: What are you getting your LO's for christmas? I'll stick with just the stuff for the baby and not my older son - we got him a stacking ring, an elephant toy that lights up and vibrates, a fake remote that lights up and talks, slippers, baby's first Christmas ornament, sippy cup (stocking stuffer), one of those soft books he can chew on. Nothing too crazy. He's so little that I didn't want to get a ton of things, but my older son will absolutely ask questions if LO doesn't get anything from Santa.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the check-in mrs H! I'm sorry I've been terrible at participating lately.

Milestones: she has finally started to b scoot a bit and move a little on her tummy. She is also talking like a champ and says about 6 words.

Challenges: her gross motor is still quite behind. We are bumping her physio up to a couple extra appointments to hopefully increase her strength and get her crawling and walking soon.

Funny/cute stories: every time my brother sees E he plays Taylor swift's shake it off. I'm not a huge t swift fan myself but E loves the song and dances and giggles to it. It is so adorable.

QOTW: I need to stop shopping! I've got her some Little People, Lego duplos, a few books, a bath towel, a puzzle, a couple of pairs of jammies and a few little stocking stuffers (toothbrush, hair bows)

• Sorry I have been MIA - Thanks for the check-in @MrsHamon09

Infant Age: 14 weeks

Milestones: pushing up during tummy time (wants to roll, but hasn't quite figured it out yet).  Reaching for toys and imitating sounds.

Challenges: Getting him to nap in his crib.  We have transitioned him to the crib for nighttime sleep, but he only lasts about 15 minutes during the day.  I am going to try and tackle one nap in the crib this week.  Any tips are appreciated!

Funny/cute stories:  He belly laughs when I blow raspberries on his tummy.  It is absolutely hilarious.

QOTW: What are you getting your LO's for christmas?  Probably some clothes and a few toys he will start to use within the next few months (doorway jumper, walker, etc)

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• Infant Age: 3 months! Where is the time going!

Milestones: DS can support his weight on his legs without being wobbly. Now when he's mad he stands on our lap while he screams (supported of course), he rolled over this weekend but it only happened once. Hopefully he does it again soon!

Challenges: trying to get longer sleep stretches! Now that I'm back at work the nights he does every 2 hours are rough.

Funny/cute stories: today DS was screaming when DH came in the door. He had been that way for almost 20 minutes and nothing I could do would calm him down. As soon as DH took him he let out a massive poop, and was instant smiles. Guess he was just saving that for daddy.

We are getting him things like pacifiers, 6 month clothes because he has outgrown most of his 3 months, butt paste, stuff like that. And a few toys. We aren't doing much since grandparents are going to spoil him and he is so young.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Infant Age: Four months today! :)

Milestones: He rolled over for the first time yesterday, tummy-to-back, and he's looking closer to rolling back-to-tummy as well. He also had his four-month checkup and shots yesterday, and we've been cleared to start introducing solid foods. I am just amazed at how fast the time has gone!

Challenges: He's been having a rough time with sleep since his last cold, and I suspect it might be because he was hitting some developmental milestones as well. Hoping he gets back on track.

Funny/cute stories: Nothing funny, but it's been so fun to watch him stare at the Christmas tree. We cut down our own, and he came with us for the first time. Hiking around wearing a baby was great exercise. 

Not sure. Maybe a bookshelf and a few small toys. Books for sure. 

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• meagpt22 said:
     This week it's the challenge of knowing is she not awake enough during day. I engage her with activity/singing but after less than 2 hours she needs a nap. Early afternoon it's long naps by evening just cat naps. I know there are worse things haha..but just wonder when she'll just learn on her own being awake more. 
    She will! Not being able to stay awake for more than two hours is totally normal through about 9 months old, from what I have read. Also remember that sleep begets sleep. So, if she's napping during the day, it will help her nighttime sleep, too. :)

R. started having more awake-alert time around 8 weeks or so - so it will happen!

CafeMom Tickers

• @2redtulips - R LOVES staring at the lights on our tree as well.  It is like a whole new toy for him. You can almost hear him thinking "why is there a tree in our house?"

BFP #1 : 3/20/13 | EDD: 12/1/13 | MC: 4/15/13 

BFP #2: 1/9/14 | EDD: 9/21/14  

Welcomed our rainbow bear on 8/31/14

My Chart | All are Welcome

• nyg2042 said:
    @2redtulips - R LOVES staring at the lights on our tree as well.  It is like a whole new toy for him. You can almost hear him thinking "why is there a tree in our house?"
    It's the best, isn't it? I love just sitting on the couch with him and watching the tree. It's so calming. 

CafeMom Tickers

• @MrsHamon09 I do try to bicycle her legs and push her knees up to her tummy.  Sometimes pushing her knees up will help, but the bicycling doesn't seem to do it for her.  She does like warm baths and I'll massage her tummy during and after.  That at least calms her down.  Maybe she is calmer because it helps her feel better?  I don't know.

@2redtulips @nyg2042 I also have a light lover.  She is entranced by the neighborhood lights and the lights on our tree.  So far her favorite things besides nursing are twinkly lights and music.

@RN536 I'm sorry to hear about the mastitis and being so tired.  I cannot imagine having a newborn AND 2 other children.  I hope you can get some more rest soon.

@meagpt22 I hope that they start having less painful gas soon, too.  My pedi said that usually they start doing better around 3 or 4 months.  I hope she is right.  It's so heartbreaking to watch her struggle through the bubbles.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice
  • @doglover31 i hope you longer consistent sleep stretches soon. Don't be surprised if LO doesn't roll over again for awhile. Mine did it 3 times during week 12 but now at 15 weeks nothing. Other mommies assure me its normal.

@2redtulips‌ how fun that you can start solids! Are you planning to start or are you going to wait a little still?

@RN536‌ I hope you get more sleep soon. Wow 3 kids!! You are a far braver woman than I.

Married DH 3/14/09

TTC Since Jan 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS Jan 2013
    BFP#1 June 2013/ EDD 2/23/2013 Blighted Ovum confirmed July 18, 2013
    took Cytotec July 20, 2013

BFP #2 12/28/2013 EDD 9/11/2014 Its A Girl!!! Rebecca Ann!

Rebecca Ann born 8/31/2014 6lb 1oz 19 inches long 8:55am!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"