Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

MOMMIES to 2 month old babies

I'm curious to know what life is like for you guys with a two month old baby. I'm a first time mom and I have so many questions and doubts about when and what to do about many things related to a baby. I'm stressing about when and how to move my two month old into his crib in her own room, the CIO method and other stuff. I would love to hear about your experience with a two month old...

Re: MOMMIES to 2 month old babies

• Options
    leela02leela02 member
    edited December 2014
    I'm also a FTM to a 2 month old. She has been what my relatives call an "easy baby" (not easy for me since everything is new!), but the past 2 days she's been super cranky from her 2 month vaccinations. I hope she'll be herself again soon.

There's no strict rule about when to move your LO to his/her own crib and room. It just depends on what kind of sleeping arrangements work best for your family. My LO slept in a crib or PnP in her own room from the start. We later got a Rock n Play because she started spitting up while lying flat, which would wake her up and upset her. So for a while she slept in the RnP for half the night and most naps. The spit up issue is better now so she no longer sleeps in the RnP as much.

Your baby is too young for CIO or other sleep training methods. Young babies need help soothing and need to eat frequently so you can't really train them to sleep through the night until they're at least 4-6 months. My LO wakes up 1-2x in the middle of the night. At night she usually sleeps for 6 hrs straight before needing to feed. She's a pretty good sleeper at night but I know not all babies are. She used to be a good napper but lately she just cat naps.
  • Options
    I'm also a FTM to a 2 month old little girl. She still sleeps in a bassinet next to our bed. She's still swaddled and sleeps with white noise on. I question everything too, I think that's just natural being a first timer. We have recently started daytime naps in her crib (on the weekends since I have returned to work) and it's going well, but we still probably won't move her to her crib for a while. I'd feel more comfortable if she could roll and wasn't swaddled before moving her.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im trying to get a Rock n Play or a pack n play, not sure which one to get yet. she is currently sleeping next to me in our bed. but have decided i will move into her crib in her own room at 4 months. also, she seems to be fussy at night around 6:30, 7 or 8pm. is that pretty normal? she also hasn't been napping well the last two days...she went two days with only sleeping an hour or 45 minutes the next days. she is healthy and has been sleeping 5 or 6 hours straight at night.
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for your responses! I guess the first three months of having a baby is to basically eat, sleep and play a little? My baby doesn't stay awake for very long, maybe an hour, which sounds like its the most they will stay awake at this age. It seems like I'm always holding her as she won't stay in the bouncy seat for very long...i'm tired ;p
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"