Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Almost a year after my miscarriage

My name is Samantha, I was 10 weeks pregnant when I had a routine ultrasound to see if I had a heart shape uterus. The date was January 24, 2014 this is the day that I will never forget my world stood still when the ultrasound tech said she couldn't find a heartbeat. It will be a year in 12 days when I found out from the doctor that I was pregnant. The first couple of months I would hardly talk to anyone about my MC. When anyone would ask how I was doing I would tell them that I'm ok. I realized that I couldn't deal with my MC myself in July. I would get very bad stress headaches when I slowly starting to talk to my husband and mom my headaches started to get less intense. I also started to rethink about every decision that I had made since January. I'm currently going to a therapist to help with all of the emotions I have been dealing with. I'm the kind of person that has to be in control of everything I haven't been in control for almost a year. Ever since the MC I can't make a decision without having to someone give me a strict deadline to have a decision. I would love to hear any advice that anyone has.

Re: Almost a year after my miscarriage

• Options
    Thanks, Leloyd. I talk to my hubby, family and friends about how I'm feeling. The problem is most of the time we don't always know to say to each other. There is times and days that I just don't feel like talking to anyone. I hate when I have those days. I try to work through, sometimes I just can't.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I think it's ok to have some days where you just want to be by yourself. I had those days prior to my MC's. I think you are doing everything right by talking to a therapist and being able to talk to your husband, family and friends. I hope you start to feel better soon and the hard days are less and less *hug* 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you are going through. I think it's wonderful that you are seeing a therapist, that's a good place to start. I'll be praying for you and I'm sending hugs your way. 

the brie's cheese knees 
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I am In counseling as well so I think that you should stay in it. It's not a quick fix, nothing will be, but it helps. I am also on medication that helps with anxiety and it has low risk factors in case I am to conceive again so maybe that's something that you could look into if you felt comfortable with it. I know everyone has different opinions on that sort of thing, just sharing mine! I hope you start feeling better!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I think talking to someone is a great option for people who need it. I had thought about talking to someone too at first but really felt that the women on this board and a few close friends who had experiences a m/c really helped me. I hope you are feeling better! xo
  • Options
    I feel for you. Have you tried yoga? There might even be grief/loss/healing yoga classes in your area. I am a control freak too (when I got out of surgery last week my anesthesiologist said I must like to be in control bc i fought it the whole time) and it's so hard to feel like the ground has been pulled out from underneath you. But, I think we have to sit and acknowledge our feelings, and yoga helps me to do that. Sending you strength and healing vibes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"