February 2015 Moms
Options

Im terrified of leaving my newborn at a daycare!

Im a first time mom and Im worried about leaving my child at a childcare center while I go to work. I have been trying to find a center in Maryland with a "Watch me grow" program so that I can keep an eye on what's going on while Im at work.

Unfortunately the only one I could find was in Clakesville, which is too far from home and work in Anne Arundel County.

Anyone know of any reputable daycares that are reasonably priced(around 150-180per wk)? Im due to return to work 6-8 weeks after baby is born in February.

Re: Im terrified of leaving my newborn at a daycare!

• Options
    There is some kindof DC based baby and childcare forum that my sister is on.  Large number of DC/Marayland/Virginia parents.  I don't know its name, so I'm not a huge help, but know its not part of the bump, baby center, or other.  You can hopefully find it by googleing DC parents or something like that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Depending on where you live in MD, 150-180 a week is pretty impossible to find. Where I live (Columbia area), the daycare Centers I visited that charged less than 200 a week were scary. In-home care (neighbor-lady style) would be more in that price range, you would just need to find a provider that you trust and that is reputable.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    It's going to be so tough and one of my biggest worries about postpartum. My only advice (as I have worked in childcare for many a years) is to find a provider that you trust with or without cameras. Make sure the site is up to date on licensing and be ready to communicate your needs. Good luck (to all of us in your shoes!)

Married 12.14.12 TTC 01.01.14 BFP 02.26.14 MC 03.07.14 TTC again 05.01.14               
    BFP 05.27.14  Beyond excited and giddy with anticipation! EDD 2.2.15

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Maple403 said:
    Depending on where you live in MD, 150-180 a week is pretty impossible to find. Where I live (Columbia area), the daycare Centers I visited that charged less than 200 a week were scary. In-home care (neighbor-lady style) would be more in that price range, you would just need to find a provider that you trust and that is reputable.
    same thought here.  ours is more than twice that (which seems insane but is still cheaper than a nanny).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck! I was going to suggest that maybe Jaz will know of a place- I think she lives in that general area. I lived in Glen Burnie for 3 1/2 years and I know how expensive it is down there. Like the others said, it will be impossible to find a daycare with the cameras for that price.
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I completely understand where you are coming from as this is also one of my big worries postpartum. And I don't think it has any bearing on how you might react as your child grows and goes to school, etc. Even though your child will always be your baby, leaving an infant can be a scary thought for a first time mom, especially hearing horror stories from people about daycares - both in home and facilities.

I agree with PPs about doing your research and visiting places with your "mommy radar" up. Go with your gut. Try to connect with some local moms in your area (either in person or online in a more specific forum) to get suggestions and references. Best of luck!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I completely understand the worried feeling. I was supposed to check out a daycare last night, but when my husband looked up the violations we were HORRIFIED and cancelled our meeting. They were for putting soap on a pacifier to discourage the use of one, and threatening to slap an almost 3 year old across the face if they had to put her in time out again. Pass.

Time to further our search.

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

• Options
    @racheltherose‌ That is horrifying!!!! Great job checking on corrections!
  • Options
    @yesiknowwhatcausesthat I have to give credit for that find to my husband, holy crap I'm glad he has a lot of free time at work to research lol

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

• Options
    A center in MD for that price is not going to happen. I live in AA county and looked at every center in the Odenton area with my first (born 1/2012) and the cheapest center was $270 per week back then (clearly higher now).

Leaving your child in daycare (center or home) is always nervewracking. Having a video feed isn't going to change that. And it could make it worse. You need to visit daycare options and find the one that works for you both financially and on a comfort level.

Best of luck finding the right option!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @yesiknowwhatcausesthat what are your thoughts on the video cameras?  Like I said I chose not to go with a school with one because I trust where I'm sending my son.  My next door neighbors send their 2 year old and 5 year old there and they've been there since birth.  They are the 2 most well behave little boys I've ever met! Hoping my kid is like them. I just didn't feel comfortable with with other people being able to watch my kid on screen too.  The school has an open door policy so I can stop by whenever I want and it is only about 15 mins from my office.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I won't lie - it was tough the first few weeks leaving DD in daycare when I returned to work.  I cried - a lot!  It wasn't that I didn't trust the daycare - it was just that after being attached at the hip for 12 weeks on maternity leave, I was anxious to leave her with a person who, at the time, was a complete stranger to us.  There's not much you can do to prep for those emotions (other than finding a good daycare you trust) and knowing that it's totally normal and you'll get through it.  

Also, what really helped me was that the daycare encouraged a transition period the week before we "officially" started where I could drop DD off for an hour or two the first day, a little longer the next, a little longer thereafter, etc. until we built up to full time.  I was also allowed to stay the whole time during transition or drop her off and leave.  Plus, the daycare had an open door policy, so I could drop by whenever (which I did often in the first few weeks) and the teacher encouraged me to text her or call the center if I felt anxious or just wanted to check in.  

So you might want to ask your potential daycare questions about their attitudes on the above - can you stop by, can you call and ask for updates, is there a transition period, etc.  My DD's daycare was so thoughtful about the process with me, it was a huge help.  

Hang in there!
  • Options
    @chickenonsunday I was actually going to ask you in a bit because I know that you've mentioned seeing W on the video. I guess there are pro's and cons to both and you def have some valid reasons. 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @schnitz9 I guess I haven't put much thought into it. Since I operate my daycare in my home, it would be pretty invasive of my privacy. My home is operated much differently than a center--we have a more relaxed (unstructured) atmosphere (besides the fact that I'm doing school on a schedule with everyone 5 and older). On the other hand, there's nothing going on here that I wouldn't want a parent to see, so I wouldn't mind that. Of course, if I'm bumping (or knitting, or doing anything "fun" just for me) while I'm simultaneously watching your kid, would you judge me? :) It's just hard to be "on" all the time. It would be like having your boss 100% of the time watching you. As a parent, I would love to be able to have that kind of access to my child. As a home owner it's kind of freaky. As a professional, it would encourage me to be more professional (and that could be a good thing). 

To be a little more specific about our arrangements here--I'm licensed for 14 kids ages 10 and under when there are 2 caregivers present. When it's just me, I drop down to only 10 depending on the ages. 5 of those are mine (will be 6 in February) because I don't have to count anyone over 10 (and ones 13 and older can take training and be helpers if I wanted--I don't). This does NOT mean that I want to take on 4-5 daycare kids, even though that would be significant income for our family. Since I am also homeschooling, that just presents a major conflict in what level of care I am able to provide. I'm super careful about it. Right now I have a part-time arrangement with 4 families that works out perfectly. I'm never watching anyone full time (right now there are no daycare kids here--yay! I can go lay down with my youngest for nap time if I want.). ;) Being able to be in this spot where I don't feel like I have to push my own limits in order to make more money is sweet. And it allows me to provide a quality level of care and a safe learning environment.
  • Options
    Wow, infant that young would be more like $1200/month at least around here and that's if you were lucky to find a space within the span of a couple months!
  • Options
    Wow, infant that young would be more like $1200/month at least around here and that's if you were lucky to find a space within the span of a couple months!
    I was just going to say this.  OP not to scare you but we went and decided back in sept and they had a waiting list and called us in oct that they found him a spot but it would not be until june 8th.  we requested a may 15th start BTW.  You may have a tough time finding a place that has space for april or may at this point.  Our school only has 8 infant spots for the entire school.  Infant spots are spare.  The most we saw for 6wks-9mo was 12 spaces total.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    There is this educational program ran by a medical group where we live. DS's headstart is ran under it. It is free, but income based. I was fortunate to get DS in. In order to be approved, the program has to accept a certain amount of kids who's families are above that income level. Since we both work, we obviously are over that income level and DS got in. Once he is in, he is in. I don't have to reapply next year regardless of income changes. The teacher is fantastic and he loves going to school. They have to meet the state's requirements and they have dental, vision, and hearing checks periodically. They also bring in counselors and tutors if the children need them They do require parent's time to volunteer and clean the play ground, but we don't mind at all.

If I come back to work in Aug, I'm hoping DD gets in the same program. They are in the process of opening a new site ON MY CAMPUS! The daycare is for infants 6 wks - 3 years old. Same guidelines apply. They are putting it on our campus for the HSers who have babies that want to stay in school. There was no room at the HS for this day care, and my campus has the room. There are not very many pregnant HS, so I am in the process of putting my application in for her now. They must have every spot filled to get grants and stay open, so if they don't have enough HSers who have children, they open it up to the community.

OP, maybe there is something like this where you are at?
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    schnitz9 said:

I was just going to say this.  OP not to scare you but we went and decided back in sept and they had a waiting list and called us in oct that they found him a spot but it would not be until june 8th.  we requested a may 15th start BTW.  You may have a tough time finding a place that has space for april or may at this point.  Our school only has 8 infant spots for the entire school.  Infant spots are spare.  The most we saw for 6wks-9mo was 12 spaces total.

This, plus, speaking from previous experience and now being the mom that will have a toddler at the center already, the date you originally request will likely get pushed back. Current parents have priority over anything you ask for. Even if you asked first. With our first I asked for a spot in late April. I got pushed all the way to the end of June. Don't think that can't happen to you. It can and probably will to some degree.
  • Options
    I realized my comment above didn't make much sense as far at OP's concern. Sorry about that.

OP, is leaving your baby in the care of some else difficult, yes! Yes it is, but what can you do? Do your research, and choose the best one. It's expensive and mentioned above, I am very fortunate.

With DS's last day care, they had cameras but I never checked on him. I would feel more comfortable with the open door policy (DS's day care and head start both have this and encourages it) for a surprise visit.

imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

FWIW from a STM. This is going to be hard for ALL of us that will have to do it. I was lucky with DS and he stayed with DH and my mom. This LO will go to an in home daycare at 8 weeks. It's going to bee hard no matter what... And no i don't keep my kid in a bubble. That wouldn't make it easy either... It's called love.
    As long as you find a place you trust that will keep you connected through the day i think it will make you feel comfortable. The daycare center we used for DS at first had an app they used. They sent updates and pictures. The home we use now keeps me updated via text and I've been more than comfortable with that. Good luck finding what you need.

So I don't love my child if I'm completely comfortable leaving them in the hands of a child care provider that I trust while I go to work and continue with my life after maternity leave?

But I'm a going to keep my child in a bubble for the rest of my life if/when I have a hard time leaving her at daycare... 
    You went to an extreme, so I went the other direction.  That's what I meant.

I was addressing the OP which at that point I had no idea you existed. You took offense to my comment not directed at you and decided to jump on the snark train first.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

schnitz9 said:

This, plus, speaking from previous experience and now being the mom that will have a toddler at the center already, the date you originally request will likely get pushed back. Current parents have priority over anything you ask for. Even if you asked first. With our first I asked for a spot in late April. I got pushed all the way to the end of June. Don't think that can't happen to you. It can and probably will to some degree.

That was a huge concern of mine as well. It was one of the first questions I asked. Existing parents get priority but they had to know by oct 1st and after that my spot was garunteed. Thank god!! Still not happy about 3 weeks late though but oh well. I'll prob be a bit nervous to leave him, but on all three visits we were there not a single child was crying the entire 1 hour we were there. The kids looked so happy that it made me feel so much better.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    I may just do that! It must've taken you a while to come up with such an original thought! Of course by school age they can walk and talk so my concerns would not be as great. If you have nothing helpful to contribute, don't say anything!
    Thank you.
  • Options

I may just do that! It must've taken you a while to come up with such an original thought! Of course by school age they can walk and talk so my concerns would not be as great. If you have nothing helpful to contribute, don't say anything!
    Thank you.

For CrystalW88 and anyone else who has spare time to post useless responses.

To those posting genuine useful responses, thank you :)
  • Options

FWIW from a STM. This is going to be hard for ALL of us that will have to do it. I was lucky with DS and he stayed with DH and my mom. This LO will go to an in home daycare at 8 weeks. It's going to bee hard no matter what... And no i don't keep my kid in a bubble. That wouldn't make it easy either... It's called love.
    As long as you find a place you trust that will keep you connected through the day i think it will make you feel comfortable. The daycare center we used for DS at first had an app they used. They sent updates and pictures. The home we use now keeps me updated via text and I've been more than comfortable with that. Good luck finding what you need.

Thank you for understanding :)

• Options

Thank you.

Getting angry in response to online comments is useless because or will just start an online fight. Since you insist though, you should know that people post how they please here. They're opinions on the matter are valid whether you like them or not. So the above post was useless unless your intent was to start a fight. Since you chose to single Crystal out though I will help you get your opinion to her, @crystalw88‌.

After reading back through I don't see anything inappropriate. I think she made a valid point about needing to be able to let go even if it causes anxiety and I would agree that letting go of all control had to start at some point and for you it will have to be sober rather than later.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @skyblue123 i too thought @crystalw88 comment was a little unneeded.  Should have said something at the time.  I don't think you are gonna keep your kid in a bubble.  6-8 weeks is really little to leave a child at DC. I toured 5 places and they all said the average age they see them coming in at was 3-4 months.  They all said they rarely saw 6-8 week olds and they always felt so bad for the mother.  It is very tough to leave a child that early and you have every right to be worried I would be too. Just because you're worried doesn't mean your smothering.  You may want to check out all the centers you can.  Just because they don't have cameras doesn't mean they aren't good.  I looked at both and actually felt more comfortable with my child at the one without cameras.  Good Luck again!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options

Thank you.

Just because my response wasn't what you wanted to hear doesn't render it useless. Also, like @jennjilljoite‌ mentioned, my opinion was valid. We all go through life and deal with opinions we don't agree with, an online forum is no different.

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Sometimes I don't understand why people make comments the way they do. That being said, I am a third time mom and sending my newborn to daycare still makes me nervous. This doesn't mean I want to keep them in a bubble when they're older. A newborn obviously requires tons of attention and they obviously can't tell you what goes on during the day and if they're being properly cared for. I think it's a natural feeling to have some anxiety about it. I am fine with my 2 year old at daycare now and my 6 year old in school.

Anyway, OP...have you looked into home care at all? I know for me this was the best option because I have really gotten to know the provider one on one and she sends me pics, videos, and answers texts when I am just checking in. May be a good option for you in your price range.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have the same anxiety as a FTM... Its a hard situation to come to terms with. However you do it and eventually (for some longer than others) you get used to the idea of leaving your baby. Im in the area you are looking, and I can hands down tell you that you will not find anything for an infant for less than $250/week, and you will probably not find those with cameras. 

Best wishes to you though. 

Oh and PS... the local board for Baltimore/Maryland area sucks. 
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Options

As an in-home daycare provider, something about this post really bothers me and I can't put my finger on it. I know that if I were in the OP's shoes, I would be feeling the same way. I'm a competent provider, I love children, and I've always loved the infants that I have cared for. But it's hard. I'm not the mom. My heart breaks when moms drop off their just-weeks-old infants, even though I know I'm going to care for them like my own. It's hard for the infant. Yeah, sure, they adjust, but mom is always best. I think OP's feelings are valid. My heart is SO torn over this that I don't watch infants anymore except under very specific circumstances. 

Some things you can do to help the transition: make sure you visit the places you are considering and that you feel comfortable there. Daycare centers have a high rate of turnover. In-home care places are not always a second best choice. Look into licensed homes as well as centers...there are pros to both. Go in with your "mommy radar" up...if something feels weird, try to nail down what. You should feel comfortable there. The day(s) before you send your child to daycare for the first time, carry around a blanket with you all day so that it has your scent on it. Then send that blanket with your child (assuming they will allow blankets...we don't put them in the crib with baby, but I always hold the baby with the mom's blanket between us...unbelievable how this helps the baby!).  

Also, your local child care resource and referral agency (also called child care aware) can give you an idea of what average rates are in your area for centers and in-home care. I complete a survey of rates every year. We get back the results on the highest, lowest, and average prices (it helps me set my prices). Care prices can vary widely, even in a small radius. I set my prices low...why? Because I own my own business and I can. It doesn't mean that I feel like I provide less-quality care (on the contrary!). But there is a sense that you get what you pay for...so that's why interviews and tours of daycares are so important.
    Thank you. This was very informative and I can see how you'd feel a certain way, and of course I don't want to leave my child in a daycare at such a young age but I have no other option at this time and will have to return to work to provide for myself and child. However I most likely will return to work after 12 weeks to give more time for bonding. I am a pre k teacher so I am off often for summer, winter and spring breaks so hopefully that will ease my anxiety. Thanks again :)
  • Options
    mle106 said:

I completely understand where you are coming from as this is also one of my big worries postpartum. And I don't think it has any bearing on how you might react as your child grows and goes to school, etc. Even though your child will always be your baby, leaving an infant can be a scary thought for a first time mom, especially hearing horror stories from people about daycares - both in home and facilities.

I agree with PPs about doing your research and visiting places with your "mommy radar" up. Go with your gut. Try to connect with some local moms in your area (either in person or online in a more specific forum) to get suggestions and references. Best of luck!

Thank you, I appreciate your response. This was helpful, thanks for your understanding as well.
  • Options

@schnitz9

You didn't ask me about my thoughts on the camera but I'm not one to hold back.

Our center uses the Watch Me Grow system and I LOVE IT! I get to see my daughter interacting with her friends. I watch her dancing on Friday's when the music teacher comes to the class. I see her working on art projects. You get the point...I get a window into her day where she doesn't know I'm watching.

DH and I also use it to see how she does eating. Obviously, this is a concern very specific to us and our situation but it is a huge relief for me to see the teachers working with her one on one.

I have zero safety concerns of the video feed being hacked or watched by creepers. You can't see into the diaper changing station. Yes, people can share their login information with others but I would hope they do so cautiously.

Oh, and a few weeks ago my daughter bonked her head fairly hard but no one saw what happened. The director was able to rewind the video and see that my child ran smack into the corner of the window because she wasn't watching where she was going.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly, is this center in Anne Arundel County?
  • Options
    srcr2011 said:

There is this educational program ran by a medical group where we live. DS's headstart is ran under it. It is free, but income based. I was fortunate to get DS in. In order to be approved, the program has to accept a certain amount of kids who's families are above that income level. Since we both work, we obviously are over that income level and DS got in. Once he is in, he is in. I don't have to reapply next year regardless of income changes. The teacher is fantastic and he loves going to school. They have to meet the state's requirements and they have dental, vision, and hearing checks periodically. They also bring in counselors and tutors if the children need them They do require parent's time to volunteer and clean the play ground, but we don't mind at all.

If I come back to work in Aug, I'm hoping DD gets in the same program. They are in the process of opening a new site ON MY CAMPUS! The daycare is for infants 6 wks - 3 years old. Same guidelines apply. They are putting it on our campus for the HSers who have babies that want to stay in school. There was no room at the HS for this day care, and my campus has the room. There are not very many pregnant HS, so I am in the process of putting my application in for her now. They must have every spot filled to get grants and stay open, so if they don't have enough HSers who have children, they open it up to the community.

OP, maybe there is something like this where you are at?

What's this program called where is it located?

Thanks!
  • Options
    mali3 said:

Sometimes I don't understand why people make comments the way they do. That being said, I am a third time mom and sending my newborn to daycare still makes me nervous. This doesn't mean I want to keep them in a bubble when they're older. A newborn obviously requires tons of attention and they obviously can't tell you what goes on during the day and if they're being properly cared for. I think it's a natural feeling to have some anxiety about it. I am fine with my 2 year old at daycare now and my 6 year old in school.

Anyway, OP...have you looked into home care at all? I know for me this was the best option because I have really gotten to know the provider one on one and she sends me pics, videos, and answers texts when I am just checking in. May be a good option for you in your price range.

Thank you for your response and understanding. I have looked into some different childcare facilities as well as in home childcare.

Although as someone here mentioned, Im not too sure about the "neighbor style" in home childcare which were more in the price range Im most comfortable with 150-180 (only about 7). However Im leaning more towards the childcare centers which I know will be more pricey, with the lowest being 220-300 a week in my area. AA County is a bit more pricey which I wouldnt trade bc its a really nice area. Being a school teacher has its + and - . Being off for summer,spring and winter break is a +...pay however is another story lol..

I havent actually interviewed. I wanted to get some other moms views/recommendations etc. So jumped out here and posted this..

Hopefully I can get my almost non existent family to babysit for the first 6-8 months ..(crossing fingers) :)

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Fellow Marylander here…

First of all, I think working makes me a better mom.  Choosing daycares is difficult, but trust your gut and do your best.

Secondly, I pay $300/week for a quality in home provider that is fully licensed.  A center such as one you describe?  That costs $400-$425/week where I live (Montgomery County) The prices you want to pay I have only found in St. Mary's County.  Those prices don't exist around my area.  

That being said, if the costs outweigh the benefit, you may try to be a SAHM for awhile and see how it goes.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• Options
    I wouldn't completely count out an in-home daycare. We have been sending my daughter to one since she was 8 weeks old. It was rough, but honestly, knowing how much the daycare lady loved her already, helped me be able to do the drop offs. It took a lot of looking and some luck to find her. She is preschool certified, and has better pricing that anyone else I have been able to find. ($28 a day) Having to find back ups or take a day off is frustrating when she is sick or has to close for some reason, but at the same time, I always know who is going to have my kids. Even when she isn't working, and we see her at a community function, she is taking care of my daughter.   Just saying that just because someone is running a daycare out of their home, doesn't make it less quality of care. If you find a licensed daycare - they have the same regulations and inspections that the centers have.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"