September 2014 Moms
Options

For those of you who's LO's are STTN or close to it.

What is thier daytime nap routine? How many naps during the day do they take and for how long?

Re: For those of you who's LO's are STTN or close to it.

• Options
    B sleeps from 10/10:30 to 6 every night. He goes back to sleep at 7 ish. Wakes up at 10:30 eats, plays, naps at 12. Wakes up at 2 eats, plays naps for 20 min from 3:30-5. Eats at 5, plays, nap for bout 30 minutes, plays, another 30 minute nap. Eats at 8, plays, bath, then bedtime. Give or take 30 minutes for every nap, but he's pretty much on a schedule
  • Options
    LO sleeps from 11pm- to 7 or 8am. She will then wake up and eat, then pretty much nap until she's hungry again around 11. Other than that, she's not on much of a schedule that I've noticed for the rest of the day and haven't enforced one. She will definitely nap in the afternoons and evenings but some days it's more than others.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sleeps from 8pm-7am. Daytime naps are around 830-1030, 1145/12-130, 3-430 and maybe a 45 min catnap from 615-7 and we start bath at 7

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Sleeps from 9pm-7am. Awake for 1.5 hours - eats, plays, and diapers then naps for 1.5-2 hours. Repeat. She's on a very good schedule. If she's awake for more then an hour and a half it messes up her naps for the rest of the day.
  • Options
    Thank goodness you asked this question because DS takes a ton of naps! He routine is bedtime 10-11/5 then sleeps til 9 up til about noon playing, then a catnap til 1-2 up for more playing and eating til 4-5 another nap, then up for a good chunk of the evening and takes another cat nap at 9-10. He's on a really good schedule right now at almost 14w!
  • Options
    DS goes to sleep after a bath and feeding at 9/9:30 pm then wakes at 3/4 am to eat then sleeps till 8:30/9:30 am then takes a 2/3 hour nap at 10:30am then is awake till 3pm and naps till 5/5:30pm and is awake till his bedtime
  • Options
    braybee said:

I hate you all.

Agreed! My LO naps when he feels like it, eats when he feels like it, plays when he feels like it. Every day is different. We will see how it goes when he starts day care on the 15th! Haha - not even gonna bother filling out the schedule page of the enrollment packet. Actually I'm pretty sure I lost the enrollment packet...
  • Options
    My mom got him on a pretty good 10,2,6 sched. Within the past 2 wks he has slept from 10:30/11 until 6. He wakes at 6ish (give or take 15 min) and I feed him is awake from about 6:30 until 8 sleeps until about his 10 feeding is awake again for about an hour and a half to 2 hrs. Feeds at 2 and same cycle is awake for about 1.5-2 hrs then naps until his 6 feeding after his 6 feeding he is usually awake until 8:30 then I wake him to feed him at 10. I then change his diaper swaddle him turn on white noise and put him in his pack play in our room. He's still awake when I put him down. When he's awake we do tummy time or play.

Sorry for the long post
  • Options
    camichael84camichael84 member
    edited December 2014
    DD usually sleeps from 10:30-11 pm to 5-7 am, takes a bottle then goes back down until 9-10 am. She typically takes a short nap around 11:30 am then a longer nap around 1:00. Evenings vary, but if she sleeps a lot then she typically falls asleep more like 11:30-12 that night.

• Options
    LO goes down early for the night.  Before he started daycare he went down at 8 but that's been bumped up to 630 or 7 this week since he started daycare.  He'll then sleep until between 4-530am, nurse then go back down and is up for the day around 630 or 7.  He then takes 3 - 45 min to 1 hour naps at daycare (around 9am, 12pm, 3pm) and then normally about a 30 minute nap after I nurse him at 5pm.  Daycare is trying to get him to nap longer during the day since when he gets home he is so tired and doesn't interact much other than nursing and sleeping but I can't complain too much since he sleeps such a long stretch at night.  
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @starmile what happened to your avatar?

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have no schedule but eat, play, eat, nap. Only schedule is getting ready for bed at 8, asleep by 9. She was sleeping until 4-5 then back down until 7-8. But this week were in a growth spurt so it's up every 3 hours, eating every 1-2 hours during the day.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    starmile said:

braybee said:

I hate you all.

I was just thinking that. 

Ditto. The eat, play and nap routine doesn't work. She will not fall asleep unless it's on the boob so it's eat, nap and play instead. Not everyday is the same but most of the time she'll take at least 3 naps but is not sttn.

• Options
    Thanks for your input! It's nice to know the different routines! My LO is a crappy napper and does not sttn so I wanted to see what others are doing as far as sleep
  • Options
    DD sleeps from 10-7:30 every night. I usually wake her at 7:30 since my boobs are rock hard. She usually eats/sleeps every 2 hous after that till around 5pm, then she is up all evening till 10ish when She goes back or bed. During the day she usually eats, stays up for about 45-60 minutes, then naps for about 1.5 hours. I wake her up if she has went 3 hours without eating during the day.
  • Options
    So we had just been winging it and following LO's lead. The only thing that had been consistent was bath and bedtime routine starting at 830 and in bed by 9. He was slowly sleeping later and later and waking around 3-4, taking a bottle then sleeping until 7-7:30. He would take 3-4 catnaps and one good nap from about 11/12-2/3.

Went back to work last Wednesday and he started daycare. He has so much new to see there so only catnapping 20-30 minutes 3-4 times while he's there. Naps a lot now in the evenings. Bedtime routine is same and every night since he's started daycare he is STTN! Amazing.
  • Options
    She usually falls asleep eating but wakes up as soon as I unlatch her, then we have play time for 1-2 hours, and when she is starting to look tired, I put her down for a nap. We do this about 4 or 5 times a day, and naps are now lasting 30-60 minutes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mine was sleeping from 8-7 in his crib in his room I might add. But this last week has been HELL! He has woke up at 11,3, and 5 every night. Screaming. Idk what's going on. Do Yall think it could be a growth spurt?
  • Options
    nlhonaker said:

Mine was sleeping from 8-7 in his crib in his room I might add. But this last week has been HELL! He has woke up at 11,3, and 5 every night. Screaming. Idk what's going on. Do Yall think it could be a growth spurt?

Yes, mine is not sttn but on thanksgiving week (12 weeks) he was waking up every 1.5-2 hours. That lasted about 5 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"