Infertility
Options

Experience with High Progesterone? and Re-Intro

Hi ladies! It has been awhile since I’ve posted anything here, but I don’t really know where else to turn at this point. Most of my history is in my siggy, but to try and sum it up, my DH and I just finished our 4th IVF attempt in about a year. We had 2 cancellations and have done only one unsuccessful FET, so we haven’t made much progress. We currently have 8 2PN embryo’s frozen we plan to thaw, grow, and transfer 1-2 (if any even make it) in January/February. The real reason I need help is b/c we had a consult with our RE this morning. It appears as though I have a real problem keeping my progesterone levels down before trigger or ovulation and my body seems to produce it despite the use of 10iu of Lupron throughout our last 2 IVF attempts. My RE seems to think that my body is doing this during natural cycles, as well, thus the infertility. While there is some relief, after 4 years, of having some kind of answer, I cannot really find much of ANYTHING online about this issue. When I search for premature luteinization the only answers are to use Lupron to suppress, which I have tried and doesn’t seem to work. The RE explained that when progesterone surges too early it can severely affect the quality of the eggs being grown, as well as the uterine lining.

I wanted to see if anyone has seen or experienced this issue before, and if they know what protocols might be helpful in this situation. I am also open to other RE’s or doctor’s who could help address whatever the underlying problem might be. My RE says that he has tested all other systems – thyroid, adrenal, etc and nothing seems to be off the mark. Any thoughts or insight? Thanks so much and so sorry for the long post! :)

**All welcome**
http://tryingtotakeheart.blogspot.com/

TTC since November 2010
Me: (28) slightly high FSH (9), slightly low AMH (1.7), average AFC, DH: (33) all tests normal
HSG & 3 TI Clomid cycles with OB/GYN April - August 2012 - all BFN
November 2012 met with RE
November 2012 Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
December 2012 Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
January 2013: Benched for cysts
April 2013: Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy = mild endo and 2 polyps removed
May 2013 = First +OPK ever! Glimmer of hope!
November 2013: 1st IVF: gonal f/ganirelix: converted to IUI on CD 7 due to poor response (3 large follicles with several trailing behind). IUI #3 = BFN
January 2014: WTF Appointment: "stubborn ovaries" will need new med protocol: flare gonal f, add menopur and lupron
IVF #2: Stims start 2/19 - MDL flare protocol with Gonal & Menopur; Triggered 2/28, e2 6000, ER March 2: 34 R, 20M, 9 fert, 4 2PN's frozen. No blasts made to freeze :(
FET #1 June 7th - 2dt, Transferred 2... BFN
WTF revealed very poor quality - looking to do another fresh cycle
August 2014: 2 polyps removed, revealed thru HSG
Updated labs: FSH 6.5 and AMH 4
October 2014: IVF #3: Stims started 10/14 - Cancelled due to premature luteinization
November 2014: IVF attempt #4: Rising progesterone levels again - trigger given early; ended up with 6 2PN embryos all frozen.

Re: Experience with High Progesterone? and Re-Intro

• Options
    @lemonliz‌ thanks so much for your kind words and for sharing the article! I haven't come across mifepristone so this is super helpful. Thanks, again! :)
    **All welcome**
    http://tryingtotakeheart.blogspot.com/

TTC since November 2010
    Me: (28) slightly high FSH (9), slightly low AMH (1.7), average AFC, DH: (33) all tests normal
    HSG & 3 TI Clomid cycles with OB/GYN April - August 2012 - all BFN
    November 2012 met with RE
    November 2012 Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    December 2012 Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    January 2013: Benched for cysts
    April 2013: Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy = mild endo and 2 polyps removed
    May 2013 = First +OPK ever! Glimmer of hope!
    November 2013: 1st IVF: gonal f/ganirelix: converted to IUI on CD 7 due to poor response (3 large follicles with several trailing behind). IUI #3 = BFN
    January 2014: WTF Appointment: "stubborn ovaries" will need new med protocol: flare gonal f, add menopur and lupron
    IVF #2: Stims start 2/19 - MDL flare protocol with Gonal & Menopur; Triggered 2/28, e2 6000, ER March 2: 34 R, 20M, 9 fert, 4 2PN's frozen. No blasts made to freeze :(
    FET #1 June 7th - 2dt, Transferred 2... BFN
    WTF revealed very poor quality - looking to do another fresh cycle
    August 2014: 2 polyps removed, revealed thru HSG
    Updated labs: FSH 6.5 and AMH 4
    October 2014: IVF #3: Stims started 10/14 - Cancelled due to premature luteinization
    November 2014: IVF attempt #4: Rising progesterone levels again - trigger given early; ended up with 6 2PN embryos all frozen.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"