Working Moms

Sort of WMR - anyone relocated out of state before?

I have a really good friend whose husband just got a job in another state.  They have no family or friends where they are moving.  With Xmas and the move coming up all at once, instead of our usual gift card exchange, I wanted to get her something more thoughtful, but I can't think of what would be nice for someone moving out of state...I feel like if I were moving, all I would be able to think about would be finding a house, finding daycare, etc.  I can't think of "small picture" type things that might make a good gift.  Advice?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
 BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

Re: Sort of WMR - anyone relocated out of state before?

• Military family here... moving is our middle name. 

I would do a giftcard for a place that they can order food from.  If they already have their house, maybe a giftcard to a cleaning service that can come in a do a move in cleaning.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • These are all great ideas.  I especially like the cleaning service idea!  Moving with 2 kids, I imagine they will not have a lot of time for a full cleaning!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• Loading the player...
  • I would get them some sort of ice travel book for their new home state or city. Moving can be lonely and this would help them quickly get acquainted with all their new community has to offer

I also like the cleaners idea. I arranged for a service to professionally clean thE windows in MIL's new home and she really appreciated not having to tackle that major task
  • Target or grocery store gift card. You need so many of the little things and it adds up quickly.

Are they moving before Christmas? Maybe a small tree delivered? FTD has one (or did) that was for a tabletop and was delievered already decorated. We moved right before Christmas and I missed my tree.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"