July 2014 Moms

Trolling, trolling, trolling down the river...

Re: Trolling, trolling, trolling down the river...

• https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12492121/pregnancy-and-child-rearing-books-recs#latest

Wherein I get called out by some random.  Lolz.

ETA:  It's always the April BMBs. 
    This thread makes me think of the bit in Knocked Up where she's mad that he didn't read the baby books and he goes off on a rant about how people have been having babies for thousands of years without baby books. 
  • Loading the player...
  • This gets bizarre considering how harmless the original topic was. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • edited December 2014
    Bliss, your head might explode with all the responses on this thread. This one below is my favorite. 

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12492016/baby-shower-for-a-second-child/p2

I also don't see why you can't have a full on shower if the sex is different from your first baby. I feel like sometimes you can just do whatever the hell you want to do. If you need stuff, have a shower. I don't know about you but I couldn't possibly give less of a shit what anyone else thinks of me.

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Bliss, your head might explode with all the responses on this thread. This one below is my favorite. 

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12492016/baby-shower-for-a-second-child/p2

I also don't see why you can't have a full on shower if the sex is different from your first baby. I feel like sometimes you can just do whatever the hell you want to do. If you need stuff, have a shower. I don't know about you but I couldn't possibly give less of a shit what anyone else thinks of me.
    Omg. And the no thank you note thing? What kind of fuckery is that?
    Thank you cards. Always thank you cards.

• https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12493215/mean-moms/p1

I have been apart of the bump for over 5years (3 pregnancies ) (I have used it for support from other moms to be going through the same things I am. Well this time around there is so much criticism and just plain bitchiness from all of you. What happened to the old "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." I don't get it. I feel if you want to be a bitch go to Facebook, cause some drama somewhere else. This site it to support moms and moms to be. We are all sensitive and hormonal. We don't need strangers telling us where to shit in what Bush. This is getting ridiculous. Comment if you agree. If you are one of these "mean girls" eFf off. We ate tired of reading your crap. Thanks!

• @stellabunny
    how SHOCKING!

I too am a, clearly, underprepared mother who did not read one single parenting book.
    Baby boy "F" was born on 7/11/14!!

• https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12493215/mean-moms/p1

I have been apart of the bump for over 5years (3 pregnancies ) (I have used it for support from other moms to be going through the same things I am. Well this time around there is so much criticism and just plain bitchiness from all of you. What happened to the old "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." I don't get it. I feel if you want to be a bitch go to Facebook, cause some drama somewhere else. This site it to support moms and moms to be. We are all sensitive and hormonal. We don't need strangers telling us where to shit in what Bush. This is getting ridiculous. Comment if you agree. If you are one of these "mean girls" eFf off. We ate tired of reading your crap. Thanks!
    I am crying over the bag of dicks. That is hilarious.
    I personally like the capitalization of Bush. Would you like to shit in Jeb or George?

though I shouldn't mock, I capitalize nouns all day long because of my German background. Probably not what's going on here.

• Eep. That didn't go well!

• Well that wasn't very nice at all.  Like dangling a delicious cookie in front of someone on a diet.

(And now I want a cookie.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ADC1979 said:
    Well that wasn't very nice at all.  Like dangling a delicious cookie in front of someone on a diet.

(And now I want a cookie.)
    Now you made me want a cookie and we have no cookies :(

• JFC. How in this day and age do people still think it's acceptable for a grown adult to use physical power over a child? Do we think it's okay for a grown man or grown woman to smack their spouse, who is a lot closer to them in size and strength than a small child? No.

My DH was "spanked" as a child (and by spanked, it was more like beaten and whipped with a belt). He feared his father until he was 30, as in, he never felt truly comfortable being honest with him. And he'd been living away from him from a decade at that point! It wasn't until he had a child of his own and realized, hey, I can raise a pretty decent kid without having to smack him around that I think he got that what his dad did went beyond disciplining and that spanking is not the be-all, end-all method to raising polite, respectful children.
  • Wow. OP is just a little bat shit crazy.
  • I just read that whole thread. She whines the entire time. It's actually impressive, the amount of things she takes exception to.
  • Wow. Train wreck. My favorite part, though, is her spelling of etiquette.

Ettiquite.

Snort.
  • JFC!  I wonder what kind of temper tantrum she would throw after she threw her own shower and next to no one showed up?  At least she already had all of her baby stuff bought at 6 weeks (rolls eyes).  This is one time where I seriously do feel sorry for her husband ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Love where she comes back and not only calls everyone rude but outs that she already has a kid. All of the Flames!
  • I don't count birthday parties in adulthood as gift giving events so I don't think it's weird that an adult would throw themselves a birthday party. Which is why they aren't called Birthday Showers.

I'm now digging into the one Bliss just posted. Excitement.

• This one starts out saying her baby had mild shaken baby syndrome, but meh, why report it. Then her story gets all kinds of confusing. https://community.babycenter.com/post/a53959207/babbling_and_saying_words?cpg=1

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

•  
    This one starts out saying her baby had mild shaken baby syndrome, but meh, why report it. Then her story gets all kinds of confusing. https://community.babycenter.com/post/a53959207/babbling_and_saying_words?cpg=1
    Lmao...what the fucking fuck...then you say Jesus.  Still laughing.

• bullybutt said:

This one starts out saying her baby had mild shaken baby syndrome, but meh, why report it. Then her story gets all kinds of confusing. https://community.babycenter.com/post/a53959207/babbling_and_saying_words?cpg=1
    I have a mouth like a sailor!!! But seriously, what is her damage?? That poor sweet baby.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• bullybutt said:

I have a mouth like a sailor!!! But seriously, what is her damage?? That poor sweet baby.
    I.... I don't understand what I just read.

• bullybutt said:

I.... I don't understand what I just read.

Wow, I'm so glad I'm part of TheBump. Wow, just wow.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12499934/lurking/p1

I feel like I need to say something for all the women out there trying to get responses. I have done my fair share of lurking. Looking at posts that relate to things that i am going through, and i feel like there is always that handful of women that are so rude to the person leading the discussion. This is one of the most wonderful times in all of our lives! Were in the last trimester of our pregnancy! But it's also the scariest. I guess what I'm trying to get out there is... why is it necessary to put another mother down for the way that SHE feels. Whether it be something silly like whether or not to get an epidural or to give birth naturally. Or proudly posting pictures of your LO's ultrasound. Do you all want your kids to be judgmental. Do you want them to look at someone and think... that person is not ok because of their beliefs or wants. If you don't like what. I get that there are so many 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time moms out there, that have been through ALL of this... But what about the first time moms that are confused out of there minds... isn't this supposed to be a place that they can post how they feel (no matter what it is) and get some sort of support?

Sorry for my annoying rant. But the more "lurking" i do, the more disgusted i get with this website... We all have different opinions, voices, thoughts, ideals. Why comment on someone's curiosity if you are just going to make them feel like a low life for feeling that way?

She sure back peddled quickly and then went full on rage mode again.  She's definitely drinking the nut job juice!  Glad you were there to educate her ;)

• https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12500360/this-is-just-the-worst-day/p1

I posted a couple days ago how my mother in law ruined my sex reveal party because she thought it was a girl & it ended up being a boy & then she had all these bad things to say about having boys when she has 2 sons and a grandson. So today my husband brought up how I wont "forgive her"... First of all (excuse me if this sounds childish) but she never even apologized to me, and to be honest I'm pretty positive she doesn't even know I'm mad at her... We haven't spoken, but we don't speak on a daily basis. & I told him that it will take me a long time to forgive her and I explained it to him like this. Imagine you are given a beautiful amazing gift one that you can never ever return but that's okay because you are blessed to have it... And some one tells you all the horrible bad things about it! It's going to take time for me to get over things but for right now I'm just still upset. Our fight got worse & my husband asked me for a divorce and also asked me if I could sign over all my rights after the baby is born. He's never said anything like that to me before and after he said all that he left. I am a big ball of a mess! I keep trying to calm myself down for my baby's sake but I don't even know how to react or feel :'( please just keep me in your thoughts and prayers everyone.

• https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12500360/this-is-just-the-worst-day/p1

I posted a couple days ago how my mother in law ruined my sex reveal party because she thought it was a girl & it ended up being a boy & then she had all these bad things to say about having boys when she has 2 sons and a grandson. So today my husband brought up how I wont "forgive her"... First of all (excuse me if this sounds childish) but she never even apologized to me, and to be honest I'm pretty positive she doesn't even know I'm mad at her... We haven't spoken, but we don't speak on a daily basis. & I told him that it will take me a long time to forgive her and I explained it to him like this. Imagine you are given a beautiful amazing gift one that you can never ever return but that's okay because you are blessed to have it... And some one tells you all the horrible bad things about it! It's going to take time for me to get over things but for right now I'm just still upset. Our fight got worse & my husband asked me for a divorce and also asked me if I could sign over all my rights after the baby is born. He's never said anything like that to me before and after he said all that he left. I am a big ball of a mess! I keep trying to calm myself down for my baby's sake but I don't even know how to react or feel :'( please just keep me in your thoughts and prayers everyone.
    What in the what????! Holy overreaction Batman. I hope her husband comes around and sees what a douche move that was.
  • edited December 2014
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12502085/baby-shower-2nd-boy-any-thoughts#latest

Sorry for the long post, but here goes.
    So I'm expecting my second child, this is also a boy. My mom and I decided early on that if it was a girl we'd have a full-on shower. If it was a boy we'd have a "diaper shower" or otherwise called a "baby sprinkle." Our little family needed the extra help with the small things, everything we still needed (due to the old stuff being worn or broken or just needed), would've cost about $320 total, not including multiple purchases of the same diaper packs.
    So then we started planning the shower for November 14th, but I ended up needing to find a job late in my pregnancy, so I got so busy we didn't get the invites out. So then we rescheduled, but couldn't imagine a good time that everyone wouldn't be so distracted by the holidays that we'd be asking too much to borrow some of their time. Plus, we didn't want to wait too far after Christmas because I'm due the 18th of January and my first was born right on time, giving us the stress of me possibly going into labor early before the shower. So we settled on Friday, December 5th at 6 pm. Well, turns out that specific Friday was everybody's busy day because no one but my aunt showed up. I sent out 42 invitations...and nothing. This is also disregarding the fact that even my own mom and family who were supposed to be there to set up were too busy beforehand since their own plans prevented them from showing until it was time to clean up...)
    I now have the option of leaving things where they lie...(some people found out and are helping last-minute, which is nice either way.) OR holding a baby viewing/announcement party at his 2-week age so people can have a specific time to see baby, (not hold him), and bring gifts if they want. Does this sound like a good idea?

So. As far as the shower goes - What would you have done?
    1) Not have thrown a second shower
    2) Make the shower date sooner than November (not possible for me, but hey hindsight is 20/20)
    3) Have a post-birth shower
    4) Stick with the baby viewing/announcement party.

• I'm hoping this tags you so that you see my most recent post here. You're going to love it. 

• https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12502085/baby-shower-2nd-boy-any-thoughts#latest

Sorry for the long post, but here goes.
    So I'm expecting my second child, this is also a boy. My mom and I decided early on that if it was a girl we'd have a full-on shower. If it was a boy we'd have a "diaper shower" or otherwise called a "baby sprinkle." Our little family needed the extra help with the small things, everything we still needed (due to the old stuff being worn or broken or just needed), would've cost about $320 total, not including multiple purchases of the same diaper packs.
    So then we started planning the shower for November 14th, but I ended up needing to find a job late in my pregnancy, so I got so busy we didn't get the invites out. So then we rescheduled, but couldn't imagine a good time that everyone wouldn't be so distracted by the holidays that we'd be asking too much to borrow some of their time. Plus, we didn't want to wait too far after Christmas because I'm due the 18th of January and my first was born right on time, giving us the stress of me possibly going into labor early before the shower. So we settled on Friday, December 5th at 6 pm. Well, turns out that specific Friday was everybody's busy day because no one but my aunt showed up. I sent out 42 invitations...and nothing. This is also disregarding the fact that even my own mom and family who were supposed to be there to set up were too busy beforehand since their own plans prevented them from showing until it was time to clean up...)
    I now have the option of leaving things where they lie...(some people found out and are helping last-minute, which is nice either way.) OR holding a baby viewing/announcement party at his 2-week age so people can have a specific time to see baby, (not hold him), and bring gifts if they want. Does this sound like a good idea?

So. As far as the shower goes - What would you have done?
    1) Not have thrown a second shower
    2) Make the shower date sooner than November (not possible for me, but hey hindsight is 20/20)
    3) Have a post-birth shower
    4) Stick with the baby viewing/announcement party.
    That is so absurd. She needed $320 worth of stuff and decided to throw a shower. Save your money and go buy your kid what he needs!! My money is on her having her viewing party after the baby is born.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"