Third-Party Reproduction
Options

Quick Introduction - DIVF #1 (little longer intro than anticipated)

vibeeevibeee member
edited November 2014 in Third-Party Reproduction
Hello ladies!  

I am very thankful I found this corner of the internet.  I like that it is a smaller group of woman and I'll get to know you better the everybody in the #infertility thread.

I am 37 and have been trying on my own for over 7 years now.  I lost 7 pregnancies(that's the number for documented ones, but I think I was pregnant 9 times).  

I was always told it's bad luck and that I will eventually keep the pregnancy.  I asked about IVF a couple of years ago but I was told I still have plenty of time to consider it.  I was mainly being treated by an OB for a couple of years and then we transitioned to seeing Dr.Wood-Molo at Rush Medical Center in Chicago.  While we didn't get the end result I love her to pieces and I think that she is a fantastic doctor.

We went through a horrible loss in late 2011(few ultrasounds confirmed a healthy growth with a heartbeat) and both me and hubs went through a pretty bad depression for about 6 months.  We barely talked to each other.  We were kinda done for good.

Fast forward to January 2014 - we filled out an application for fostering to adopt.  I was already consulting with a social worker but something in me made me ask my hubs if we could try just 1-2 cycles of IVF.  We were never able to afford it but we got a little bit lucky with a short sale and got $20K to look into some options.  I was so happy I'll finally get some answers.  At this point I just needed to know.

Long story short something happened in my body within the past two years and I went from having plenty of eggs(most likely shitty) to not having any.  I had some in April (7 antral follicles), then got pregnant on my own again, had another ectopic, had to take methotrexate and was benched for 3 moths.  I took a lot of supplements during that break only to find out in October that I have two 20mm cycts on one ovary and no follicles at all to stim for IVF.  

Well shit,(I do swear - just a warning) I knew right there this is a lost cause.  This is all at Shady Grove with Dr.O'Brien.  The look on her face said it all.  She promised she would try anything to make this miracle come through for me but I knew.  I could have waited another cycle, wait for the cysts to go away etc.  and than maybe get a 5% chance of success.  F&@k that!!!  I cried so many tears already I was ready for something positive.  I transitioned into donor egg program right there.  If I had more money and I was younger maybe  would have fought some more, but I gave up and it felt right.

The best thing is that by hubs in on board.  He is actually 'happy' about this turn of events as he thought we would loose all of our money and go through more pain with nothing to show for it.  It's so nice to get proper support form him.

We got our calendar a couple of weeks ago.  I just started the Delestrogen injections and I'm not loving it.  

Anyway,  we are doing 1:3 shred risk donor program at Shady Grove and our 6 day embryo transfer is scheduled on 12/16.  We are doing PGS on day 5 hence day 6 transfer.

I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with you guys!  

Good luck to everybody who is already cycling!

TTC since 2007; Unexplained; 8PG: 4CP, 2EP, 2MC w/HB at 8-9 weeks
Getting ready for DIVF #1 - Transfer 12/16! 

Re: Quick Introduction - DIVF #1 (little longer intro than anticipated)

• Options
    Welcome!  Sounds like you've been through a lot.  Good luck to you, I hope everything works out!

TTC #1 since May 2010

OE IVF #1  9/2/13 Cancelled- poor response

DE IVF #1 3/12/14- BFP 3/17/14- ectopic, right tube removed 4/11/14 @ 7 weeks

DE FET #1 7/3/14-Transferred 2 5AA 6 day embryos Beta 7/13/14 BFN

DE FET #2 9/5/14-Transferred 2 4BB 5 day embryos Beta 9/15/14 BFN

DE FET #3 in December- Cancelled, didn't respond to meds

DE FET #3 (2nd try) 2/13/15- Transferred 1 4BB and 1 4BA 5 day embryos Beta 2/23/15  BFN again (CP)

DE FET #4 - last 2 frosties....5/22/15- Transferred 1 4BA embryo...only one frostie thawed properly.  Beta scheduled for 6/1-  BFN (beta 2, 2.81, 6, 23, 49.4) 6/15/15 Discovered ectopic in left tube.  Methotrexate given. Moving on to a new donor. Hoping to transfer by the end of the year.

Cant find a donor that is healthy and available.  Looking at being happy with just the two of us.

• Options
    Thank you! I need to catch a break.  I hope the donor eggs are the answer! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for all of your trouble!
    Welcome to the board. This is a great group of women who have been through a lot too.

Hang in there!

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    Welcome and I am sorry for your losses. this board has been an immense source of support and education for me. Hoping it will be for you as well! 

Your history has quite a few similarities to mine. 

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome, sorry for your losses, been there.  FX all goes well next month.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    Welcome over here, vibeee :) I recognize you from the IF board. I'm so sorry you've been through so much, but I hope that this new path brings you the results you're looking for <3
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Options
    refeek1lincoln79   @1220winterbrideIRRTRexsMumRunCC37

Thank you ladies for a warm welcome!  I was out of town with patch internet and I came back crazy busy week at work.

I hope to get to know you better and be for you in this journey!

• Options
    Welcome, and good luck with your cycle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"