LGBT Parenting
Options

Show Us Your Life: 12/3

This Week: Kitchens!  Show us the good, the bad, and the holy-Toledo-awesome!

Have you done renovations? Plan to?  What is your favorite part of your kitchen?  Are you a person who cooks, or fancies the microwave the greatest invention ever, right after the drive-thru and take-out box?  

Next week: your living room

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: Show Us Your Life: 12/3

• Options
    I have been waiting for this all day!
    We did renovations in every room when we first bought our house.
    The first three photos are the before photos.
    The fourth photo is the after photo taken the morning of our house warming party 4.5 yrs ago.
    The rest are photos that I snapped this AM of a few different angles.

I love that it is an eat-in kitchen and that I have lots of space to move around. The layout works for us, so that's one thing we didn't change, but I would love an island in a future kitchen. I LOVE our supersized walk-in pantry. You can kind of see it in the third before picture. It's gigantic and I love it, but right now it is a dumping ground. Counter space is adequate for our needs, so no complaints. I like our cabinets, and I love the new fixtures we put on them. Our appliances are fine. I love our gas cooktop - use it daily! I wish we had more freezer space, but that's life. The wall color is not my favorite anymore... But I really don't want to put the effort in to re-paint. Our kitchen was an addition to our 200 yr old house by the previous owners. It is a step down from the family room and kind of quirky, which I like (not pictured).

I think that's it... Overall I like our kitchen. It feels comfy :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CrazyAunt84‌ Look at all those jars!!! I have a few pickles left, some jam and loads of relish! We didn't get any peaches in Ohio this year because of the polar vortex, and I missed canning those. I am totally impressed with your stash!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    @CrazyAunt84‌ Look at all those jars!!! I have a few pickles left, some jam and loads of relish! We didn't get any peaches in Ohio this year because of the polar vortex, and I missed canning those. I am totally impressed with your stash!
    I wish peaches grew in NY - those sound wonderful! I did mostly green beans, tomatoes, and pepper jelly this year. I still had some pickles and pickled peppers from last year. This summer we planted apple and plum trees so I can make sauces, butters, and jams in a few years!
    They grow in NJ- why not NY? 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @CrazyAunt84‌, even if there is a cold-hardy peach, it may not be worth it. We can grow peaches in Mass but they aren't that good...it's just not the climate for them. Stick with your apples, plums and cherries! :)
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    Our kitchen. My favorite room in the house!
  • Options
    I'm late, but I wanted to play, just didn't know where the pictures were. 

This is from before we moved in, but we haven't changed much, just added some rugs and curtains. I really don't like this kitchen, but since it's recently remodeled we won't change it for quite some time. We plan on paining the lower half of the wall next to the little shelf thing with chalkboard paint for M and the bottom part of the shelf used to have a door so we are going to put the door back and make it his cupboard. I'd much prefer a white kitchen with bright colors and a gas stove; one of these days. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"