June 2013 Moms
Options

Play ball!

So out of comparison curiosity, can other June babies catch and throw balls? G certainly could not at this age (still barely can!) but Arlo has strangely been able to catch a ball at least 50% of the time and throws pretty well with two hands (like a volleyball sized bounce ball). He also actually kicks a ball around the house like he is dribbling a soccer ball. It seems super crazy coordinated for his age (which would be, like the first thing he may be ahead in!) but maybe I'm just confusing him being advanced with his older bro just having been behind. Haha. Just curious, especially since this isn't like "is your baby in mensa yet?" DH and I were like, "our baby is the next Rondo!" and then I was like, "wait maybe G is just terrible at sports..."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Play ball!

• Options
    LO throws.  1/3 of the time I think they wind up behind him instead of where he'd like them to go though.  He's terrible at catching though.  Let's just say he may or may not have been bopped in the head several times as a result.

I'm very impressed with LO's ability to kick a ball though!  I'd definitely rather have him into soccer than American football!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    LO throws.  1/3 of the time I think they wind up behind him instead of where he'd like them to go though.  He's terrible at catching though.  Let's just say he may or may not have been bopped in the head several times as a result.

I'm very impressed with LO's ability to kick a ball though!  I'd definitely rather have him into soccer than American football!

Yeah the dribbling around the house caused DH and I to scramble to get our cameras. We were really impressed at his control! And the catching started at 7 months, no joke. He couldn't stand but if he was sitting and we threw a ball he would always put his arms around it at the exact right time to keep it in his lap. I for sure want him playing soccer, basketball or baseball over football or hockey! I'm really trying to take a hard line on contact sports but the kid knows the different ball types and always gravitates to "foooball." Maybe he can be a punter (though after watching the Chargers punter get injured yesterday maybe not that either!) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jameson is like Arlo. This kid can throw a wicked ball and is able to catch about 50% of the time when you throw to him. Also dribbling the ball around like a pro. He loves to play "soccer" with his sister. They will kick the ball back and forth to each other.

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    DS can throw a ball but cannot catch. He can kick a ball but losing interest. Our bragging point is that DS can slapshot a ball with his hockey stick. It is really adorable and quite impressive!
  • Options
    DD can throw well but she doesn't catch.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    B can throw- but not really catch. he is pretty good at dribbling the ball soccer style- but three of his uncles and I all play soccer and the uncles "worked" with him all summer on dribbling.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    Throw, yes. Kick yes. But catch, no. She just watches it fall then picks it up.
    div style="text-align: center;">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"