Infertility
Options

Day after ER question

I am currently undergoing IVF #1 with the ER most likely this coming Thursday. I am a musician with a dress rehearsal on Thursday night and a concert on Friday night. I was already told from my RE that rehearsal is out for Thursday. How do you guys typically feel the day after ER? Good enough to make a 2 hr. round trip with a 2 hour performance? Does your feeling well/ not well depend on the number of follicles they retrieve? TIA!

Re: Day after ER question

• Options
    I had ER yesterday.  I didn't feel great yesterday, but I feel pretty ok today. I guess it depends how physical your concert is.  If you are just sitting, you'll probably be ok.  If you have to jump around a bunch...maybe not.  I know that there are wildly varying responses among women -- so it really is individual.  I had 22 eggs retrieved, and last time I had 18.  I felt worse immediately after this one (22 eggs) but about the same the next day with each.  

• Options
    Marissa6609Marissa6609 member
    edited December 2014
    For me, the day of I was uncomfortable but nothing unbearable. The day after ER I felt pretty good with only minor soreness. My Dr did not give me restrictions other than taking it easy the day of ER, which I felt was accurate. Like PP said, I think it would depend on how active you will be at your concert.

Also... how many follicles do they think you have? I think that can make a difference. ER 1 I had 6 and felt fine. ER 2 I had 12, which was the experience I mentioned above.

** Losses Mentioned **
    Me(32) - Low AMH (0.46) and DH(33) - All good!
    May 2014 - IUI (Follistim) = BFP! Ectopic. Surgery June 2014.
    August/Sept 2014 - IVF #1. BFP! Chemical Pregnancy.
    November 2014 - IVF #2; ER only - PGS testing 3 Frosties.
    December 2014 - FET #1 - Beta on 12/17!  BFP  *It's TWINS*

image        image      image  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have about 30 follicles. I play clarinet so it will be all sitting but using my abdominal muscles. The major reason why I question it is because I have been having a tough go the past couple of days with soreness, nausea, and fatigue and was wondering if I would still feel like this afterwards.
  • Options
    Day-of was worst for me. But I felt/looked *ginormous* the next day and was still fairly uncomfortable. I had ER on Thursday ~1:30 pm and took a 4 day wkd-- Fridays are a bitch for me at work and I didn't want to deal with people. I had 12 retrieved.

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I don't think I would have been up for it. Although I didn't have many eggs, I felt tired and nauseous the day of the procedure, and still needed a lot of rest the following day. Hope things go smoothly for you.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"