July 2015 Moms
Options

Maternity clothing brands

Okay so with DS I refused to buy maternity clothes. I was 20 and I couldn't find any that didn't look like something my mom would wear. I just bought large and xl clothes and lived in jeggings/leggings. Not that I'm much older (23) but this time I want to find cute maternity clothes since I've seen so many new brands (or at least new to me) that I didn't know of before. What's your favorite maternity clothing brand? Or what articles of clothing do you love from different maternity stores (I.e. Gap maternity jeans, target maternity tops)?

Re: Maternity clothing brands

• Options
    Old navy. I've never had to buy maternity pants, but I loved their shirts!

• Options
    I love h&m's mama brand and it isn't expensive at all
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had two gap basics maternity top with DD and I loved them. That was it though. This time around I've inherited a bunch from a friend, mostly old navy and target, plus I'm a sucker for a good deal. I've always had a thing for gap denim and tired a couple pair on while pregnant with DD, but the finances weren't available at that time. I snagged three pairs of gap ultimate panels last spring that I'm hoping I'll love as much as there regular denim. Gap never fails me, but really I feel brands cater to body shapes.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• Options
    Target, Old Navy, Gap, H&M (love the look of their stuff!), Kohl's (hit or miss), ASOS, Zulily, and Pea in the Pod. I have heard Forever 21 has maternity in a few of their stores, but none of my local ones do. Supposedly nothing is over $20.
  • Options
    Old Navy, Gap, and Target.  I have a couple tops from Motherhood, but only got them on sale because I thought they were too pricey for what they were.  I did splurge and buy a pair of 74AM maternity jeans and lived in those too.

Check local consignment stores too!
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love my H&M maternity clothes, tops from old navy, and I scored some cheap cute stuff at Burlington. I'm actually excited to wear some of it again to spruce up my wardrobe.
  • Options
    Does anyone know where I can find plus size maternity clothes? I can not find them anywhere! It's terrible with the pregnancy hormones I leave stores like almost in tears. :(
  • Options
    @Jennym2b do you have a Destination Maternity location near you? It's the only place I've found other than maternity consignment shops that don't relegate maternity to a tiny, hit or miss section of the store.

I love A Pea in the Pod (a$$pensive though), Motherhood Maternity, and Liz Lange Maternity (Target). 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I will definitely Google that right now thank you for a suggestion :P
  • Options
    I didn't think it would be this hard
  • Options
    Destination Maternity has a Jessica Simpson line that has skinny jeans I bought two pairs. Se has some other cool stuff but at the moment I can't really afford another wardrobe and donated most of my maternity clothes since we were planning on waiting a little longer but god didn't want me to wait with baby fever. At this moment though I'm just wearing t-shirts, not the fitted but the kind you get at sport events or when you donate blood. 

First came love- April 3, 2008
    Then came marriage- April 3, 2011
    Then came baby- November 13, 2012
    Now comes baby #2- July 14, 2012
  • Options
    Old Navy has some cute dresses.  Being in South FL it's ALWAYS hot so I think I am going to live in dresses!  I'm nervous to buy anything now though as who knows how big I will get.... 

Burlington Coat Factory also has a maternity dept.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I like Old Navy and Target. Both I shop online for because their maternity sections in store are very small. I prefer Old Navy because they always have sales and its affordable clothing. I LOVEEEEE their tanks tops https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=5801&vid=1&pid=155448182

• Options
    Motherhood maternity!!
  • Options
    Gap, Target, Old Navy, H&M... Especially with the holidays Gap and Old Navy are always having at least 25-40% off sales, at least online.
  • Options
    Like others, I mostly stuck with Old Navy and Target with my last pregnancy. I have one pair of Motherhood jeans but there is a scratchy part of the jeans in the back that always scratches me, and it's not the tag. I can't get it off and it annoys the hell out of me, so I'll be making sure there's not one of those if I get another pair there. I mostly lived in Old Navy maternity lounge pants last time and will probably do so again until it gets hot.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    June 2010- Got married after 6 years of dating
    May 2013- Bennett was born
    Nov 2014- BFP! Due Date 7/27/2015

• Options
    Has anyone heard of pink blush? My SIL told me about it and she loved it. Looks like cute clothes and inexpensive. Curious if anyone else has pink blush maternity clothes and loves them
  • Options
    usermovedonusermovedon member
    edited December 2014
    Jennym2b said:
    Does anyone know where I can find plus size maternity clothes? I can not find them anywhere! It's terrible with the pregnancy hormones I leave stores like almost in tears. :(
    @Jennym2b - It is harder than I thought it would be too! I knew Old Navy had a women's plus section and a maternity section online ... so it should follow they have plus size maternity, right? Nope. Crazy. I just got done reading Big, Beautiful & Pregnant, a great non-judgy non-alarmist book about plus size pregnancy and I know there was a list in the back of retailers that carry plus size maternity...if I can't find it online I'll post the links when I get home tonight!

If you're looking around wondering where everyone is, PM me.
  • Options
    mtsue said:

Jennym2b said:

@Jennym2b - It is harder than I thought it would be too! I knew Old Navy had a women's plus section and a maternity section online ... so it should follow they have plus size maternity, right? Nope. Crazy. I just got done reading Big, Beautiful & Pregnant, a great non-judgy non-alarmist book about plus size pregnancy and I know there was a list in the back of retailers that carry plus size maternity...if I can't find it online I'll post the links when I get home tonight!

Maybe try zulily. I was just on there and I'm pretty sure i saw some maternity plus size! Good luck!
  • Options
    Pink Blush also carries plus size maternity clothing that is affordable.  
  • Options
    @chelsea13elyse‌ I bought a lot of clothes from pinkblush when they had sales! I love them and will wear them again this pregnancy, and buy some more!
    View Full Size Image
    Happily Married 7/2011
    DD Born 8/2013
    Baby Due July/2015(Loss Dec2014)
    Baby #2 Due March/2016

• Options
    I also bought things from Pink Blush last pregnancy and they worked well. I would definitely shop a sale though, bc they're not super great quality for the price. Kind of like a Forever 21 quality
  • Options
    I loved shopping at destination maternity, target, and gap were my go tos last time. I was able to score some really great work appropriate clothing for not too expensive (I would only shop during sales)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Has anybody tried the jockey bra fit kit? I have one ordered, and I'm excited about getting a bra that doesn't feel like I'm flossing my side-boob.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Wanted to bump this thread based on other discussion on plus size maternity wear...and I have to say @intensivepurposes, I think we're soul mates.
  • Options
    Another bump. I love your dog @mtsue - he/she just has this look on his/her face like "Really?"

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Heh, @intensivepurposes, that's exactly what he was thinking when I took it, I think. I'd been called in to work on Memorial Day and he couldn't help but notice we were at work and not at the lake as promised.
  • Options
    For jeans jessica simpson is the only brand I'll buy.  The other brands have a weird baggy crotch.

image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    Check out zulily.com
  • Options
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any specific brands that have some smaller sizes. I'm usually a size 0 pants and 34a bra. I will need a new bra soon but I can only seem to be able to find much larger sizes in bras and pants. Tops i can get away with regular shirts in larger sizes but I'd love at least one good pair of jeans. TIA :)
  • Options
    I had good luck today in motherhood maternity, got their jeans and some Jessica Simpson ones, all on sale. Also got some great summer tops on clearance. At Target I got a couple super soft sweaters for 40% off on black friday. Not much but should hold me over for a while.
  • Options
    bosco213bosco213 member
    edited December 2014
    Gap was the staple of my wardrobe pre-pregnancy so I found that their maternity clothes are my style, I got a ton of stuff from there. Old navy has a lot of inexpensive/cute things. I also like Loft but it's more pricy and Gap/ON has better sales.

I also bought 10-12 tops off of eBay in a lot for $100. They are from gap, pea in the pod, destination maternity, etc.
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"