December 2012 Moms
Options

How do you take LO's temp.?

I was just wondering how everyone takes their LO's temperature. We're in cold season now and we have our second cold so far and was just curious what would be most accurate. I have a thermometer that I just put to his head but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Re: How do you take LO's temp.?

• Options
    Axillary usually. Rectal if I'm really concerned that it might be super high.
  • Options
    kjsmith9kjsmith9 member
    edited October 2014
    Double post
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We generally put it under her arm now.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I have one of those temporal scan thermometers. Like me, she really doesn't ever get fevers though, so I haven't worried too much about the accuracy.
  • Options
    I use the braun forehead thermometer that I got on Amazon. It always seems accurate and dd will actually stay still enough to let us use it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Usually I first do under the arm just to see if he really is running a fever. If it seems pretty high I will do a rectal to confirm. The pediatrician said the rectal is most accurate and the under arm will usually be a degree lower than that, which I've found to be true with our thermometers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I usually follow up with a rectal temp if the thermometer reads over 100 but it didn't go so well yesterday. That's why I posted this, he kept squirming and crying, I felt horrible. I know it didn't actually hurt him he just didn't like it.
  • Options
    temporal. Our pedi said we could bring it in & compare to office one for a few readings to ensure is accurate (or to what degree it is off)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We've just always done the armpit. We only did that the first few months-a year though. She hasn't been sick other than some teething episodes.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    Honestly, I go right for the rectal thermometer if I'm concerned. Which luckily isn't often! My DS is super easy going, though, and it doesn't seem to bother him too much. 
  • Options
    Uh-oh, I guess my DH is right and I should use the thermometer more.  Usually, I feel her upper back, just below her neck, press my lips to her head, and then touch her little hands.  If she's hot in two out of the three, she's running a fever.  I almost never use a thermometer.  DH always asks me if I confirmed my scientific methods, and I always just shrug.  If she acted sluggish or felt burning up, I would confirm under the arm.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Digital Ear.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"