March 2014 Moms

Indoor footwear for mommy

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited December 2014 in March 2014 Moms
With holidays coming, indoor foot coverings are an issue on some people's minds.

So, in your normal everyday life AT HOME, what do you wear on your feet?
(You can comment on what you might be wearing if you're visiting someone else's home)

Indoor footwear for mommy 74 votes

Always shoes (year round)
0% 0 votes
Always slippers or moccasins (year round)
5% 4 votes
Always socks (year round)
12% 9 votes
Always Barefoot (year round)
13% 10 votes
Slippers when my feet get cold (which may be seasonal)
29% 22 votes
Shoes if the floors are dirty
0% 0 votes
Barefoot unless I need a pedicure, then I cover those puppies up
2% 2 votes
Only have something on my feet if I'm expecting company
5% 4 votes
I 'upgrade' or 'downgrade' foot covering based on seasons
25% 19 votes
SS - I don't go here or have something else
5% 4 votes

Re: Indoor footwear for mommy

• Barefoot most of the time year-round, although if company is coming I'll wear socks. I never wear shoes in the house.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I prefer to be barefooted, and I often am during the summer, but because of my arthritis my legs ache if my feet get cold so I wear socks in the fall/winter and add on slippers if I'm in the kitchen where the floor is especially cold.
    I was raised that you never wear 'shoes' in the house. They come off at the door. Slippers are what you'd put on if you needed footwear in the house.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh, and I hate visitors walking around my house barefooted. I prefer them to keep their shoes on if they aren't wearing socks or stockings.
  • Cozy socks all the time in the winter. Barefoot in summer. No shoes in the house ever.
    I take my shoes off at other people's houses and bring socks if I would otherwise be barefoot. I only wear shoes in other homes if the owners do and if I'll get stuff/dirt on my feet if I'm barefoot.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• I absolutely love these slippers from target. They are so soft and warm.

https://m.target.com/p/women-s-chaia-moccasin-slipper/-/A-15311793
  • I switch off between barefoot, socks and slippers.  The first two depends on what I wear outside...if I am wearing flip flops outside, then I am barefoot in the house....shoes outside, then socks inside.  I try to wear my slippers around the house because my feet were really really sore for like the first 7 months PP, and I found wearing slippers (the kind with a sole) made my feet hurt less.  Plus I am downstairs a lot for laundry and such and the floor creeps me out.  I try to never ever be barefoot on the basement floor.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• @bennieangel‌

I grew up on a farm in a cold (uninsulated) farm house in Ontario, Canada. Floors are cold.

We didn't wear shoes in our house, but most of our farmer friends always wore shoes in their houses.

Every farm house I've been in, you enter the house into the kitchen. We never went beyond their kitchen, and they never went beyond ours.
    Maybe because of that (and floors were linoleum, so easy to clean) we were directed to leave our shoes on.

At home, mom
    Made sure we got a new pair of slipper for Christmas every year because she wouldn't let us wear shoes in our house.

Also, I feel very uncomfortable wearing shoes inside.
  • I'm totally random in the house....shoes, barefoot, or slippers/flip flops.  Except I hate being in just socks in the house -- I slip.  

Maybe it's where I grew up (southwest), but no one when I was growing up (that I recall) had a no shoes in the house policy.  Now where I live, a few people do and honestly, I know it's your house, your rules, but I hate going over to someone's house and taking off my shoes.  Especially if I'm not expecting it.  And I sort of get weirded out when people take their shoes off at my house.  Again, it's probably just because it was never a thing when I was growing up and I'm too old to change my shoes-in-the-house ways.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wear socks in the winter and barefoot in the summer.

This. Smart wool or nothing.
  • I voted slippers when my feet get cold but really it's socks.

We don't have a rule against shoes in the house, we just usually don't. They're not comfy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • barefoot (inside and out!) unless it's cold. then fuzzy socks or bootie-type slippers.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"