Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Almost 2 years

PTSD 

While I do not have it to a clinical diagnosis degree, this week I have been having flashbacks to the day we lost our daughter. I can hardly believe it will be 2 years on Monday. I have taken a step back from the board over the last few months, but it is just one of those days. One of those days when you need to be heard by people who KNOW, who UNDERSTAND, who GET IT. It still sucks. I still cry. 

I was driving the same route today that I took into the Drs office that day, after the midwife came to the house and could not hear her heartbeat. Similar weather, same exact time of day. The memories of the silent ultrasound, the drs words, my husband's face... Delivery, holding her... How has it been two years? Two years since I held her, smelled her, kissed her? 

Sorry to place this heavy stuff at your door step. There are a lot of good days too. A lot of days when the sun shines bright and I remember her kicking, her rolling over, the ease of birthing her, the wonderful moments of holding her. I can look back on the 36 weeks I carried her with a lot of love, joy, and pride. But I still miss my little girl. :) 

My family is getting together to celebrate her life on Sunday. We do dinner, desserts and light paper lanterns. I enjoy recognizing her life, having them remember too. I look forward to seeing my rainbow's face when we light the lanterns and send them up this year. 

Hugs ladies as we enter the holiday season. It is not an easy time for any of us, veterans or new loss parents. Keep each other close. Big ((hugs)) to each of you!!
Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: Almost 2 years

• Options

**sig warning***

Hugs to you.

It hasn't been a year yet for losing our son, but each month milestone is so hard, I can't even imagine two years.  It's so wonderful that you have already started a tradition to remember your angel, we want to do some similar things too.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options

**sig

Big hugs to you mama! My daughter's second birthday is coming up as well. I cannot believe it...at all. ((preg mentioned!))  I went to maternal fetal medicine today for my A/S for rainbow baby, and I hadn't been there since we were told Ana died. I totally get the PTSD....What we have gone through was so traumatic, it stays with you. It changes you.

Much love to you and your angel baby girl!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sending hugs. Our one year is coming up and I'm feeling similarly with flashbacks. Even the change in weather was incredibly difficult for me. Everything reminds me of being pregnant with Wesley and it's so hard.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way- I hope the celebration goes well this weekend!
  • Options
    Big big ((hugs)). I'm so glad you will have your family to celebrate with this weekend. I'll be thinking of you.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #1 DS born 10/16/12 at 39w6d
    BFP #2 DD lost 11/17/14 at 17w2d
  • Options
    Hugs. I am having a hard time myself today. I think of Ben often but I don't usually think about the day we lost him and the time after.

Yesterday, someone I went to high school with messaged me on fb. She gave birth to her stillborn son yesterday and asked for help. Of course I immediately tried to think of all the things we are glad we did and anything we regret not doing. Then today a former coworker announced on fb that she lost her son last week. It's all taking me back to those days filled with so much raw emotion.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    ((Hugs)). It's hard to believe how fast time really does go by. Thinking of you and your family this next week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    Sending love and thoughts your way. I hope you can find moments of peace on Monday, and through the holiday season.
  • Options
    @shandorfml2 I remember you coming in after losing Ana right after I came in after Elsie passed. 2 years goes so fast and yet so slow. Wishing you all the best with your rainbow pregnancy! So happy for you after the long journey it took you to get there. 

@lexusolsen Raw emotion is no joke. You so want to reach out to those who are experiencing similar, but it definitely reminds you of how awful it is to get your heart ripped out. 

Thanks for listening to each of you ladies!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options

**TICKER WARNING**

Big hugs to you! I will be thinking about you guys this weekend and Monday. I wish time would slow down so it wouldn't be so long ago that our babies were here, but I try to remind myself that we are all one more day closer to beng with them again.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    So many hugs to you. You and your family will be in my thoughts. I'm not at the 2 year mark and I can only imagine. So many milestones and times when we just wish our children were present and it just hurts so much. I love the way you and your family are celebrating her life.
  • Options
    Hugs and love your way.  It's been three months for us and feels like an eternity.
  • Options
    **ticker warning**

Love and hugs to you.  We are coming up on one year and it is harder than I thought it would be.  I imagine it will be the same at the two year mark.  I'll be thinking of you. 
  • Options
    *****siggy warning

Sending hugs and thoughts to you and your family this weekend. I love that your family loves and remembers Elsie Irene.

I can't imagine two years. Sometimes it's all I can do to get through a day, and the thought of years passing is just impossible. I think about my son all the time and have such painful flashbacks every time I drive the route that, with just one turn, could take us back to the hospital I used to rush to after work to see him. 

I guess we all have those moments. I'm so grateful for all of the ladies of this board who are so incredibly strong.

• Options
    Big ((hugs))

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    Ticker warning and rainbow mentioned

I'm so sorry, I will be thinking of you and your family on Monday.  We'll be coming up on two years in March and sometimes I just keep repeating it over and over in my head, like how can it be two years already?  How can it have been two years since I held my baby.

I love the celebration you have and that your family joins in.  We did the paper lanterns for my mom's death anniversary this past summer and they were fun, I bet your rainbow will love it.  Despite it being sad, I am looking forward to our rainbow being able to hold and release a balloon this year for the angelversary.  Last year she was just a few days old. 

It will be especially bittersweet this year since we'll be so happy to celebrate our rainbow's first birthday, and then a few days later remember our angel on her second angelversary.  Big hugs mama.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    ***siggy

@angelsnight
    Can't believe your rainbow will be one. Time flies...must be such a bitter sweet time of year! I guess I will have similar experiences, as my angel and rainbow will have birthdays in March and April. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    *siggy warning*

Many hugs to you. I hope Sunday will be a beautiful day for you and your family to celebrate the life of Elsie. 

Ticker id: ra2f

BFP #2, EDD 12/26/14, please be our rainbow.

• Options
    ***siggy

@angelsnight
    Can't believe your rainbow will be one. Time flies...must be such a bitter sweet time of year! I guess I will have similar experiences, as my angel and rainbow will have birthdays in March and April. 
    @shandorfml2 I know, I can't believe how fast time is going.  She'll be 9 months a few days before Christmas.  It will be very bittersweet, so we are so thankful for her and it will be nice to have a happy day around the same time as our sad day.  Looking forward to hearing your birth announcement in April.  So happy for you!
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    @Noethola‌ - hope your time with family celebrating your angel went well today. Thinking of you all tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    What lovely pictures. I hope yesterday went as well as it could and your heart isn't as heavy today. ((hugs))

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• Options
    What great pictures! The lanterns are beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"