Cloth Diapering
Options

Bring on the coffee!

It's been a rough weekend with a baby with a chest cold. So I've been drinking all the coffee.

What's in your cup today?

PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bring on the coffee!

• Options
    Yaaay I finally have a pic! Publix organic Columbian again. @rugbymama‌ I hope your baby gets better soon! We just got over our junk here, we've all been sick for weeks. :(
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Ugh. Forgot pic.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I woke up this morning with the worst craving for a soda. I had finally kicked the habit and hadn't had any pop in a long time, but I decided 8:30 AM on a Monday is a good time to revive the addiction.

Hearing you call soda "pop" reminds me of my first time in Chicago and the coldest weather I have ever experienced! Now I'm thinking about Caribou Coffee too. Yum. Also, the stockings and lights in the background are pretty!

ETA: ever, ever experienced for my fellow TSwift fans.
  • Options
    Oooh, our local grocery put out their holiday coffees, Candy Cane k cups FTW today.  They are soooo good!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Homebrewed dd appliepie
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    TJ1979 said:

Oooh, our local grocery put out their holiday coffees, Candy Cane k cups FTW today.  They are soooo good!

I may need to stop at Starbucks.
  • Options

I have a homemade mocha too (decaf...not a surprise). My Contigo cups are all in the dishwasher so it's in a reusable Starbucks cup with a cup cozy my friend made!

I love that cup cozy! But doesn't it prevent you from feeling the nice warmth from the coffee on your hands?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm doing espresso Christmas blend this morning in my reusable Starbucks cup.
    It's interesting how pregnancy changes my tastes. I've let my second cup go cold :(. And microwaved coffee is the devil's work
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Mandmeesh said:

I have a homemade mocha too (decaf...not a surprise). My Contigo cups are all in the dishwasher so it's in a reusable Starbucks cup with a cup cozy my friend made!

I love that cup cozy! But doesn't it prevent you from feeling the nice warmth from the coffee on your hands?
    As you know, the cups are on the thinner side so I always used a sleeve. The warmth comes through the cozy @ just the right temp for me.
  • Options
    I have a homemade mocha too (decaf...not a surprise). My Contigo cups are all in the dishwasher so it's in a reusable Starbucks cup with a cup cozy my friend made. ETA: I tried loading the pic right side up, sideways or upside down, but it still loads sideways. What the heck?! @rugbymama‌, hope your LO feels better soon!
    What do you think of that mug?  I keep seeing them, but they seem a bit flimsy compared to a metal or plastic one.

1st cup today was a McCate Kcup (yeah...I know...)
    2nd cup was Seattles Best hazelnut Kcup.  Yummy.
    Now sipping a cup of Yogi brand Stress Reducer tea, because...teething toddler.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    What do you think of that mug?  I keep seeing them, but they seem a bit flimsy compared to a metal or plastic one.

1st cup today was a McCate Kcup (yeah...I know...)
    2nd cup was Seattles Best hazelnut Kcup.  Yummy.
    Now sipping a cup of Yogi brand Stress Reducer tea, because...teething toddler.

Quote fail. @Kelly11235‌, the Starbucks cup is flimsy but for $1, it's a good cup. Also, I worked at Starbucks many moons ago, and it literally changed my life so I like being able to represent LOL.
  • Options
    Oooh @nanabanana06, what espresso machine did you get? I'm on the hunt for one, but don't really know what I'm looking for.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    PB&J714 said:
    Oooh @nanabanana06, what espresso machine did you get? I'm on the hunt for one, but don't really know what I'm looking for.
    It's a simple DeLonghi machine. Dad got it for me for Christmas and it's pretty nice.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Has anyone had teeccino? It's herbal coffee that tastes like real coffee, is low acid, and is caffiene free. I don't kkow if it normally comes in a teabag, but the samples I had did. They also had flavors. I need to find somewhere that sells it now.

I've had something similar called Cafix. I bought it at Sprouts (not sure if they're a national chain) but amazon sells teeccino and Cafix. I don't remember it being this pricey though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C6X6JAO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1418065378&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000ESLJ62/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?pc_redir=T1

ETA link
  • Options
    Has anyone had teeccino? It's herbal coffee that tastes like real coffee, is low acid, and is caffiene free. I don't kkow if it normally comes in a teabag, but the samples I had did. They also had flavors. I need to find somewhere that sells it now.
    Did you check the ingredients?  I feel like my BFF was really into that for awhile, but stopped when she started TTC because of something it contained.  I could be wrong, but I think that's the stuff.
  • Options
    I googled and everything said it was a great choice for pregnant women. I don't remember where I looked tho. I think on the site?
    Maybe it was a different coffee alternative, then.  It was awhile ago.
  • Options
    PB&J714 said:
    It's a simple DeLonghi machine. Dad got it for me for Christmas and it's pretty nice.
    Nice! I'll look into that brand. Keeping it simple is probably best for my first espresso machine.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Regarding teeccino, @stoneycakes it might have been she quit drinking it because it has certain types of tea in it. Supposedly green tea and I forget what else, can cause uterine contractions. Probably not a huge deal if you don't have a history of m/c, but some OBs/REs recommend not drinking certain teas during your LP if prone to m/c.

image imageimageimage

• Options

But it's not tea.
    Here's the ingredients for the french roast
    Ingredients: Roasted organic carob, organic barley, organic chicory, organic ramon seeds, natural coffee flavor.

May contain trace amounts of almonds.

Interesting. It sounds yummy.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    @Mandmeesh‌ I hated coffee when I was pregnant, it made so feel so icky, so weird.

• Options
    Mapleme said:

Someone remind about mexican coffee. @TJ1979‌ you get it, right? Is it just cinnamon?

Yeah I think so.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"