April 2014 Moms
Options

1st bday.. what are you doing?

Have you thought about your little ones 1st bday? What are you doing? Small family get together or.. friends and family in a park atmosphere?

Re: 1st bday.. what are you doing?

• Options
    Small party probably. We move about every year, so it's hard to get a good group of friends to invite. With DS1, we did a party for his 1st but then for his 2nd we took him on a trip and liked that better. For DS1 third birthday we are taking him to Disney.
  • Options
    BBQ. It'll probably be large just because we have to invite my husbands entire shop, and it seems like all grandparents are flying down for it. It's going to be at a park though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We'll do what we've done for dd- small family party at my ILs'. Homemade pizza, giant cupcake (made by me), and presents.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Backpacking the Grand Canyon.

Well, it will be end of April, but close enough.  It's for DH's and my 30th and LO's 1st.

The actual day, DH will be out of town, so not much.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Party for immediate family which is about 30 people!
  • Options
    We will do a family birthday party at our house the weekends before or after (which will be 30ish people) the actual day will cook him his favorite dinner!
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm thinking just a small party with my family, DH's, and two of our friends. We usually host Easter but we will probably skip that because the weekends would be back to back.
  • Options
    Party with my side of the family. DH is deployed and his family is in CA so I would be shocked if they flew across the country. The weekend before DD and I are going to see my friend so we can get 1 year old pictures done!

I can't decide if I'm going to make a cake or buy a cake. Probably going to make one.
  • Options
    We are doing something at a park close by with family and friends... Won't be too many people.... Maybe around 20 as it will only be immediate family ( extended family is not close by)
  • Options
    Aislyn's birthday lands on Easter so probably coupled with that.
  • Options
    Like PP, LO's bday falls the day before Easter so we're going to host Easter and have a cake. We don't won't do a "kid party" until she's 3 or 4.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh well that simplifies things a little bit chases birthday is the day before Easter so well just probably celebrate on easter
  • Options
    Probably just family, but it will total 40+ people. I'm thinking of renting the local rec center party room and doing a lunch and swimming party on a weekend. It's an indoor pool with kiddie area, baby pool,lazy river and waterslide It will be too cold for anything outdoors on their bday (march 6) and I dont want to clean up after and host that many people.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    deidremariadeidremaria member
    edited December 2014
    Dylan's birthday is the day before Easter. I don't want to collaborate the two. I'm having a bbq in our back yard. I'm not doing anything too big but I will make sure there are fun things for babies and toddlers. I'm gonna set up a blow up pool and make a giant blanket and put a bunch of toys on it for all the babies to play on. I'm also gonna make a cabana so there's shade for everyone.
  • Options
    Small party at our house. 20 people tops, we will grill out like we did for DS.
  • Options
    I'm dreading it! Our families alone are 63 people, and everyone comes to everything, plus friends. We have a big yard, so I think we'll probably do a big outdoor party.
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • Options
    No idea yet but DH's bday is April 30 and it will be his golden birthday so I was thinking of throwing a big combined party for the two of them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    I haven't even thought about it yet. We don't live near most of our family so hopefully LO's dad and our immediate families will fly in but if not she'll have plenty of cousins to celebrate with. We will probably just have a small get together at the house and sled in the back yard or something. I've never planned a party before so I'm pretty clueless. Good thing she won't remember it anyway if it ends up sucking!

• Options
    Day of, DH takes off work so we all soend thr day together.

Otherwise a party for family, friends the weekend before or after. About 25 people. We did just a blue and orange color theme for DS1 so something similar for decorations and probably pulled pork sandwiches or something like that.

• Options
    Alice and wonderland tea party (Victorian) in our yard for about 40 people.
  • Options
    I haven't thought about it much yet, but surely a gathering with close friends & family, cupcakes and presents :)
    A friend of mine recently hosted a brunch for her son's first bday and I liked that idea. After the party, all the babies went to nap and the mommies had mimosas!
  • Options
    I have ideas, but I'm not sure what will actually pan out. We have no family here, but tons of friends with babies who will be in the 18 mos. and younger group, so maybe we will do a party at a park. My BIL is getting married the weekend after, so I'm hoping that all the family can manage at least a meal together for her birthday while we are all there. 
  • Options
    Wow, you guys have given this way more thought than I have! Ds will want her to have a party, so we will probably just invite whatever family can come.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ok maybe I am the big meanie but when I was a baby (according to my mom and family photos) first birthdays are really nbd. My parents were military and we were overseas for my first bday. They made a cake and gave me a present to open and took a few pictures to commemorate me eating cake for the first time. That's about it. A 1 year old probably doesn't care so if you want to do a big party then do it, but I personally have a crazy schedule hat doesn't coincide with anyone else's so we likely won't do anything but have cake the night of her bday when both DH and I are home together.
  • Options

Holy crap - we are thinking about first birthdays already????

We are going to Disney in April, which was not planned as a birthday gift for DD, but I am sure we will do something special for her while we are there. 

When DS was born we had a lot of friends with small kids so we had a pretty big party.  For DD we will probably have a small party with immediate family. 

• Options
    Party with family and close friends. I'm pretty excited because I'll be on Spring Break the week before her party so I'll have WAY too much time on my hands to make it super cute and something she will never remember.... haha
  • Options
    Small family gathering...I hope!

• Options
    We don't have any family local, so I'm torn if I want people to come out, or if I just want to postpone until we've left Arizona. At any event, we'll do a little "family of 3" celebration and some cake :)
    TTC #1 since August 2012 |  BFP August 17th, 2013  |    EDD April 25th, 2014
    Living with Vestibulodynia (Chronic pelvic pain)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"