Toddlers: 24 Months+

3 year old and benefiber!

Hi....Was wondering if benefiber has worked for a toddler that has had constipation issues.    My  daughter was prescribed miralax and thankfully it worked.....but I don't want to keep her on laxative and would prefer a natural daily supplement.   I will call my Dr. but he is away for 3 days and I do not want this to build up again.
Thanks for any replies

Re: 3 year old and benefiber!

• They make kids gummy fiber supplements. We also upped the high fiber foods- blueberries and raspberries were some of our favorites. Also make sure she is drinking lots of water throughout the day.
    imageimage
  • I started buying prune juice for my 5yo and my 3yo started drinking it as well.  It WORKS for him!  I mix 2/3 prune juice with another type of juice.  He loves it and it helps (both of them).  :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • We put a teaspoon of benefiber in my DD's breakfast milk. It keeps her going regularly. She also likes to eat some higher fiber foods. We tried the fiber gummies but she didn't like them. Same with prune juice (she is not a juice drinker so it is hard to even get her to drink prune juice mixed with something else.) If she gets constipated I still give her miralax...but it has been awhile since we have had to give it to her.
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Thanks for the replies.....Sweet Turnip!  Can you kindly tell methe dose your daughter is on..I 
    feel better now.  My daughter had her second l/2 teaspoon dose and nothing yet.   Dr. said I can increase to full tsp. as needed....Thanks
  • UMichGirlUMichGirl member
    edited December 2014
    Just wanted to add that DS is on miralax daily too. However he is on a full cap (17 g) at 2.5 years old. Some days we do 2 full caps, but he withholds his poop and we have issues because of that so we need his stool to be as loose as possible. Heading back to the GI doc again tomorrow but like a pp said it's fine to be on daily. (Id love to get him off the stuff, but anytime we start to wean we end up with severe issues so for now he stays on it!)
    Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"