Postpartum Depression

Don't know how to handle this.

My LO is 13 weeks old. Three weeks ago we found out I was pregnant again. After many many positive pregnancy tests, my SO and I finally came to terms with the fact that we would be having another baby. We had a lot of problems with our LO in the beginning. She was born premature at 32 weeks and spent 6 weeks in the NICU. I had an extremely hard time and blamed myself completly for her being so sick.

This past Friday night, I began bleeding heavily. I began having intense cramps which felt like contractions. Long story short, we lost the baby. 

I feel like this is completely my fault and that this somehow means I'm not cut out to be a Mother.

Re: Don't know how to handle this.

• Please don't feel that way. Miscarriages happen and there is almost never anything that can be done to prevent it. Blaming yourself for your your LO being born premature is not helping matters either. Have you sought out counseling? If not, I would highly recommend it. You have a lot going on right now and having someone to talk to about it could help a lot. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Both of my losses were before DD was born. Miscarriages are hard no matter what, they are no ones fault. Please don't blame yourself. You are doing what you can, it's hard being a new parent. I agree that counseling is a good idea. It helps me to have someone to talk to that is removed from my everyday life.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not your fault. It would probably help to talk to someone. GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"