January 2013 Moms
Options

Bed rest- you're funny doc!!!

Kyleedawn08Kyleedawn08 member
edited December 2014 in January 2013 Moms
After my appointment today & painful steroid shot 1 of 2 in my hip to develop baby boys lungs faster, I'm supposed to be on bed rest. I literally laughed in my drs face & asked him if he remembers having a 2 year old. I might have an injured toddler and a flooded bathroom if I stayed on one side all day, especially since child locks and baby gates are beneath Ben at this point. Deal is now, I will stand a lot less than I do as a hairstylist (easy) & only chase him when absolutely necessary.

So excited to have one on one time before ds2 comes with Benny! Hopefully it is a good amount of time (pushing for a good 4-6 weeks)... But after our deal, my dr laughed at me and mentioned how he "hopes" to see me for my shot tomorrow. At least I am am one person optimistic for an innie baby for a while longer!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bed rest- you're funny doc!!!

• Options
    Yeah, bed rest and toddler is kind of an oxymoron. Do you have family around that could help out and let you relax more? I hope that baby stays put for a while longer. Take it easy mama (as easy as you can anyways!).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DCKateDCKate member
    edited December 2014
    Take it easy and stay put little baby! Good luck with taking it easy and keep us posted.
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Take it as easy as you can and keep that baby cooking! Do you have any family or friends that can come over and help you out at all?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Thankfully we have tons of family in the area that all have offered to take work off for a day if I'm feeling overwhemed. Which is awesome. I'm either 35 or 36 weeks today, 35 by charting/early ultrasounds but he has consistently measured a week ahead since 12 weeks. Hoping for the latter of the 2 especially if he wants out so bad. So the situation wouldn't be horrible if he came- but after doing the failure to thrive, hypothermic, sick hospital baby thing with Ben ( born at the later end of 34) I really want to make it as far as possible this time around.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I have joked about the impossibility of bed rest. I'm sorry you are actually having to face it. Hopefully that little man decides that he is comfortable for a few more weeks!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    Prayers he staya in awhile longer! And that you are able to get rest
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"