Third-Party Reproduction
Options

RunCC, Twinkie and other Dr. KK ladies

Can anyone let me know who their contact is for billing/insurance issues at Dr. KK's office?  I have an appointment in early December and will keep it if my current FET is not successful.  I've been trying since I made the appointment in August (no lie!) to get ahold of someone at the office to discuss finances and insurance coverage.  In particular, I'd like a CPT code (or two!) to run by my insurance to verify coverage.  Each time I am transferred to someone who never returns my calls.  I've called the main line for Dr. KK's office and they insist there is only one person (Tina?) who can help me.  I'm a little concerned because I really do want a ballpark idea of upfront costs before I commit to this.  Honestly, if I knew it was ~ $5K OOP for the first appointment, I'd probably cancel.  This is a lot of money we are dealing with and I feel like at least they could do me the courtesy to call me back to discuss. I'm also worried in the case of any insurance issues/billing problems in the future should I move forward, there will be absolutely no one to assist.  Is the financial support there really that bad, or have I just been mis-directed to the wrong person?

Also, I will just be finishing up a cycle (ie- stopping estrogen and progesterone) when I come for my appointment.  I don't want to call to reschedule because I really don't want to wait until late January or February to go in.  Not to mention it's a very bad time of year for me to take off work.  Will the fact that I would just be coming off a failed cycle impact any of my test results?

DOR and AMA
2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
Follow up testing in September all clear;
Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
12/12- Officially an OB patient!
Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

Re: RunCC, Twinkie and other Dr. KK ladies

• Options
    I will be 10dp5dt when I see her, btw.  I am going for my beta the day before so will have the results.  Also, I will do the FRER.  I've had so many failed transfers at this point, I know if it is negative at that point, there really is no hope.  I had hoped to do my transfer earlier this month, but my RE was out of the country so there were delays I couldn't control.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options

Hey sorry I just saw your post.  I'm not active here since we are doing a FET with our last two OE embryos. 

Tina is who you need to talk to and she is really hard to get ahold of.  My best suggestion is to keep calling.  I've had the best luck getting her on the phone at 1:00pm central time.  Also if you have your portal set up, try sending a portal message as well. 

I've been dealing with Tina since my consult in August.  All of my office visits and blood work through RFU was covered by insurance, but due to coding issues all of my quest blood work was denied.  It took almost 2 months of calling and portal messages to get Tina to resubmit the blood work to quest with new codes.  Then I found out that Quest screwed up and only applied the new codes to part of the blood work.  It took another month of calling and messaging Tina, but she finally resubmitted the codes again the end of November.  I'm still waiting for the blood work to be reprocessed, hopefully this will happen before the end of the year. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"