June 2013 Moms

Office Attire

So my new job has me working in an office so I will be needing business casual clothing. I've never worked in an office setting so I have no idea what to wear. Right now I've been wearing yoga pants to work lol what are some staples that I must have??

I already have a couple of black cardigans and some.khaki pants. But most of my tops are too casual. Will my awesome B's help me out??

Thanks ladies!
image imageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Office Attire

• Kohls is my go to also for cheap but nice work clothes. I wear black pants or gray pants with nice dressy tops (NY and Co is great for inexpensive dressy work tops) and I wear a lot of dresses with opaque tights and flats or boots. For my days when I have meetings or interviews I have a couple of nice suits from Ann Taylor. I need to wear petites so this is a factor in where I shop. Also half my wardrobe is from NY and Co because my sister was a buyer for them for about 5 years and I was sample size (freebies!) but I ended up loving their stuff and always get compliments.

• Thanks guys! I was going to check kohls and pennys to get the basics. Black and grey pants and a couple tops. I'm excited to have a reason to look nice every day lol
    image imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to Maurice's for my work clothes. Usually black slacks and a nice shirt or sweater and flats
  • numbersgirl08numbersgirl08 member
    edited December 2014
    Just saw this and thought I'd rec it: https://www.loft.com/twill-open-jacket/357998?colorExplode=false&skuId=17508049&catid=cat1100006&productPageType=saleProducts&defaultColor=5539

I bought it awhile ago when it wasn't nearly this marked down, and it's a great blazer that isn't dry clean (although I don't recommend drying it in the dryer and I'd wash it on gentle or hand wash).  $38 is hard to beat for a good blazer!!!

ETA: Never mind, the flash sale expired 3 min before I was going to purchase something :(  No longer 60% but still 50% off so it's $47.50 now.
  • I vote Kohls as well. I love the prices and their Apt 9 slacks and shirts! Super comfy, cute, and good in a business atmosphere.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always bought stuff from Loft when I was working (still do, actually) they almost always have great online sales and if you can get to an outlet, you can get quite a lot for a decent price.

I second Target and Old Navy for some decent tops. Payless for now if you need shoes--just until you figure out how much you'll be on your feet, etc.

Congratulations on the new job, by the way!

I am definitely good on shoes ;)

Thank you everyone for the awesome advice!! I'm going shopping Saturday so hopefully I can find things that fit my new body (hips)

You all are seriously the best!
    image imageimageimage
  • My basic suit pieces came from Express.  They fit me the nicest of all the places I looked and were reasonably priced.  I also have some really beautiful blouses from there.

I have a number of nice slacks from Victoria's Secret, and my favorite dress tops are ones I snagged from sales at Anthropologie.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Another kohls shopper here. Tj maxx is a great place too. Loft and loft outlets if you have one near you is great for work clothes and I usually find stuff on their sales racks more than buying any regular price item. I loved Macy's before but I never get a chance to shop there anymore.

Also, check out Jane.com. SIL introduced me to this site and they some cute tops, fleece leggings etc that I've been buying
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was kind of disappointed with kohls yesterday. I got a couple of things from there but there wasn't really a whole lot to choose from that was work appropriate.
    image imageimageimage
  • I will. I got a few pieces that will get me through the next couple of weeks that I can mix and match with some of my older pieces of clothing.
    image imageimageimage
  • @ColieAnn31‌ The Loft has everything 40% off right now, and they have $25 off if you spend $50 with a cash card code that you can stack (except on sale items which don't count). They have great business casual wear. I have the cash code on a card I was sent I can give you if you know you want to buy anything from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"