July 2015 Moms
Options

Husband help??

So... This is our third baby, and for our other 2 my husband was working out of town and wasn't around for my pregnancies. He's home this time, and just like before, I have WICKED bad morning sickness. All the time. He loves his job and works a lot of optional overtime hours because he loves it so much... But I'm really struggling with my 2 and 3 year old boys!!!
We don't have much family to help with the boys so I'm doing my best, but when he IS home, I'm not getting much of a break. He's a really nice guy and usually so sweet, but honestly I'm getting things like 'do I HAVE to do the laundry for you?' Or when I ask him to help sweep up 'I'm too tired from work' 'don't have time for deep cleaning' (lol!) etc. He gives me a hard time about my not feeling up to cooking if I can get out of it, isn't understanding about how exhausted I'm feeling when our kids wake in the night...
Just brings me to tears!!! He's so nice and I don't understand why HE can't understand what morning sickness is like! I'm so nauseous all day but he still wants me to come to outings and church when I'm honestly not up to it.
I know he wasn't home for the past pregnancies but when it's in his face this time, (and 3rd babe was his idea!!!) I thought I'd get a little more help... And less discouragement! There's no off switch for this constant nausea.
I'm going to try and get the morning sickness pill but haven't had a chance to get to the dr yet to be honest, my appt isn't until closer to Christmas. I wouldn't even mind so much if I had an understanding partner. He makes ME feel bad for needing the help. Constant sighs and complaining and half-hearted jobs.

Advice for making my once-wonderful hubby a little more understanding???

Re: Husband help??

• Options
    I have an amazing husband but even he doesn't always understand the extent that the morning sickness (or all day sickness) can make a women feel. I am not a dramatic person and don't complain much so, only when I REALLY need it do I make it an issue. He usually gets it at that point because he knows it takes a lot for me to desperately need help. Maybe just talk to him about needing help. Maybe even make a code word for when you are desperate for help so he knows the seriousness of it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You can call your OB for the meds. You dont have to wait.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    <3 you made my day a little more bearable!!!
  • Options
    If you guys don't need the overtime pay, he needs to stop working extra hours. You need his help and he is choosing his fun job over his family. I'd be pissed.

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"