LGBT Parenting

Ten Things Tuesday!

Tell us 10 things on your mind today, please & thank you! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********

Re: Ten Things Tuesday!

• 1. dr appt today- i am going to make them give an u/s if it's not already part of the 28wk appt
    2. omg do we have to go every 2 weeks after this....
    3. i am sooooooooooo tired and i can't go to sleep at night and i wake up every couple hours to "adjust".  maybe i should stop work a week or 2 early LOL 
    4. i left my damn phone in the car. need to get up and get it....
    5. i need to work on my CVS/stockpile list - 
    6. We had our shower Sunday, so we have SO much to go thru. i have no idea what we have & don't have-- and our registry is lying to us (some things we got arent marked off & some things seem wrong?)
    7. this weekend we (finally) start hypnobabies :)  yay.  really gotta get listening to the CDs before we go
    8. We r still wishy washy on the final plan for DW to stay home 
    9. going to get our wills made up tomorrow :) the guy has experience w/ same sex couples and it's only going to set us back $400 for everything (2 person will, health proxy living will i think)
    10. have a great week! 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. It's pouring rain outside.  And more rain and thunderstorms on the horizon all week.

2. Guess this means I will be cancelling my play date at the park for the Meet Up group I just joined...

3. We picked 3 kids for the local giving tree. I always pick the teens/pre-teens because the younger kids always go so quickly.  One of the girls (age 15) is at a shelter right now.  She wanted either a blanket or a curling/flat iron. We got her both and I'm looking for some slippers. Ugh it makes me sooo sad I wish I could help more kids.

4. I have no idea how I'm going to handle being stuck inside with my two year old all day. Come on Pinterest ideas....

5. We're having a family get together this weekend with EV's aunt and Grandparents, her brother, our sister-in-law and our new nephew.

6. So originally A & S made a big deal about everyone getting a few particular vaccines before visiting the baby. EV & I did, we opted out for our kids, and so K & O were not allowed around baby H.  Anyway a week ago an email went out to their extended community saying that anyone who wanted to hold baby H had to be up to date on their shots - but otherwise visitors were allowed either way.  So I had to broach the question if that didn't include our kids too.  It's all be very awkward.  I totally respect their decision.  I just don't like feeling like their grown up friends/family are getting special exceptions but they're being hard line about H's cousins.  Ok rant over.

7. I am so excited about EV's baby bonding time off.

8. There are a few big stressed looming right now. One is primarily EV's business and I promised I'd give her time to process it and not talk/write about it.  Is it weird that I feel like I'm keeping secrets from all of you?? ;-)   

9. One of our holiday traditions will be to practice St. Nicholas day (a German tradition I was raised with).  The holiday falls on December 6th.  I need to find little treats for the boys to leave in their shoes...

10. I registered for a Crossfit free-intro class for Thursday night. I am so nervous because I'm years away from when I was last in shape...  

• Loading the player...
  • 1. I just ordered my ornament(s) for the ornament exchange! I am sending directly from Etsy this year, which is not something I have done before. I really hope that it doesn't somehow get screwed up! HAHA

2. I did a good amount of Cyber Monday shopping last night. My family is almost done! I went in on a present for my Mom with my middle sister, and ordered that. I also ordered everything for my youngest sister, something for my middle sister and something for my brother! Almost done! My wife's family is proving to be more difficult this year...

3. So we started our 25 Days of Christmas photos with William last night. We are planning to take a different Christmas-y photo every night starting Dec 1 through Christmas. We also wrapped up 25 Christmas books, and we will open a new one with him every night until Christmas, and then read it together before bed. I know some people might think this is overkill. We are just really excited and want to go out of our way to make his first Christmas special. We are planning to make a photo book out of his 25 Christmas photos when we are done. I will PIP some of them on Thursday.

4.  We have also finished our Christmas shopping for William, and everything is wrapped with the exception of his Santa gift, which I think we will leave unwrapped. Yay! On another Christmas-y note (then I promise to cool it with the Christmas stuff, I am just TOO excited!), we still don't have our stockings. We wanted to order family "forever" stockings with our names on them that we can add to down the line when we have more kids (so something classic, where we won't have a hard time finding more that look like they go with the rest in the future)... we found ones that we liked on Pottery Barn, but when we went to order them, they one we wanted for Will was out of stock. So we are back to the drawing board. My wife is supposed to be figuring out an alternative today...

5. So, my end of year review was supposed to be today, but my boss moved it to next week at the last minute with no explanation. Hmmm......

6. My last working day of the year is December 19th! I absolutely cannot wait for 2 weeks off. It is going to be so fantastic!

7.  I think I will stay off the scale this week. I totally didn't really even splurge on Thanksgiving (I wasn't even really tempted to, to be honest)... but I was away from home and out of my routine, and I know that I probably consumed more calories than normal even though I wasn't pigging out or "cheating"... so I think I will wait a week and then weigh myself again and see where I am. It's interesting to me that I didn't even touch stuffing or mashed potatoes or bread or pumpkin pie... the things I used to gorge myself on. I just wasn't interested. I loaded my plate with tons of salad and then put some white meat turkey and corn on top with a little side of cranberry sauce. It was yummy and I felt full, but not stuffed, and I didn't even miss all the other foods I didn't have. Weird!

8. I can't believe my baby is going to be 6 months old on Thursday! How is this possible?!?!

9. One of my coworkers and his wife are expecting their 3rd child, and they just found out last week that they are having a 3rd boy! I think he is a little sad. He loves his boys, but I think he really would have liked to have a little girl as well. It makes me wonder how things are going to shake out for my future little family... I hope we get a chance to use the 8 bins of girl clothes in our basement at some point!

10. I wish my wife was a little more motivated to turn her photography into a little business. I think she would be totally great at it. Right now it is really just a hobby, and I think she is worried about putting herself out there and not doing well if she tries to actually sell her stuff... but honestly, I feel like people would happily pay money for her photos. Then again, I guess I am biased...

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • 1. I hate to jinx myself but sleep training is going SO well so far. I'm thrilled. I told S I couldn't be more proud of B if he won the Nobel Prize. I admit it is still early -- only day 2 -- but I was just amazed that day 1 went as well as it did. I was prepared for total failure!

2. Went to the dentist today for a cleaning and I have a cavity. Sad trombone. I haven't had one in years -- so long I can't remember when -- so I guess I was due.

3. Can't. wait. for our holiday cards to come!

4. I got a manicure yesterday on my lunch break. It's the first time I've done anything like that since B was born and it felt nice to do something a little indulgent. Also, the woman did a great job!

5. B doesn't really have any stuffed animals, so S and I bought him a classic teddy bear for Christmas. It made me oddly sentimental.

6. After the holidays I really have to get motivated to lose this baby weight.

7. Lots of people I know (some on this board, some not) are expecting babies in the near future. Can't wait to hear all the good news roll in and see squishy baby pictures. Looking at you, Squints!

8. Happy Transferversary, Simone and @2MamazinSeattle!

9. Not really into working today... ;)

10. Just put up our office holiday decorations. Feeling festive!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. We had a focus group today and I was in charge of taking care of 2 month of twins of one of our clients from the DRC. They were so cute and it kind of made me miss having a tiny newborn. I wish I could post a pic. 

2. My dad told us that he is planning to tear down his house and build a HUGE new one with his girlfriend. They'll each pay for half. They've only been dating for 7ish months and started dating only 2 months after my step mom passed away. I think it's a terrible idea and I don't trust this woman and her motives. We told my dad all of that and that we don't really like his gf and were hoping she wouldn't stick around. It was pretty crappy. 

3. My step siblings and I decided to carry on the tradition my step mom started with doing fun stockings for all of us. My dad already invited his gf to participate, but we don't really want her to be part of it since it is a way for us to remember my step mom and their mom. I'm not looking forward to that conversation. 

4. Did I mention I don't like this woman? She already started calling herself Thijs' grandma 
    >:P

5. Since J and I work in the same field we are both supposed to go to the same training tomorrow afternoon. Our nanny can't watch Thijs on Wed. afternoons. My sister can't do it either and neither can my mom. Craptastic. 

6.  We need to figure out what we are doing for Thijs for Christmas. I'm really excited for his first Christmas, even though he won't remember any of it. 

7. We went and picked out a tree this weekend and decorated it. He loves it. He likes to grab the lights and leaves and shake them. 

8. M's favorite ornament is one that plays "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" He loves it and wants us to keep playing it over and over again.

9. I need to get my ornament for my ornament exchange person. I will do it tomorrow I promise!

10. I have so much to do the last 2 hours of work ahhhh!

• 1. I love the idea of the ornament exchange, but I just couldn't commit to it this year. I signed up last year thinking I would have plenty of time to pick an ornament once I started maternity leave. Well, I had Ash on the first day of maternity leave and it proved to be a little stressful and I felt badly that my ornament was not original or personal. I did try, though! I did a little shopping around while I was having cx when I finally came to the conclusion I needed to head home!

2. Today has been a day. I unsuccessfully attempted to chop my fingertip off while chopping sweet potatoes this morning. Really bad cut. I went to the doctor after Ash's well check and the dr glued it. It's gross and it hurts.

3. Ash weighed in at 21lb, 3oz (50th) and 29 inches long (25th). Had three shots.

4. Day care called at 2:30 asking me to pick him up because he had a fever and wasn't acting like himself. Home nursing him now.

5. @KH826‌ - I just ordered monogrammed stockings for the whole family (including Bama per Z's request) from PBK. Should arrive on Thursday. I'm excited!

6. I had Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch again today. Still not tired of it. I made some good stuff this year!

7. I've been listening to this podcast, Serial, and it is riveting! It's a journalist telling the tale of a 15-year-old murder case as she goes through the evidence in an effort to learn if the jury got it right.

8. Although Ash started off as an adventurous water, he's being pickier lately. We're having to become more creative with food. Last night's sweet potato and black bean quesadillas (hold the queso) were a success!

9. My first PP period has still not made an appearance, but I've had a feeling for weeks that it's imminent. Surely, it coming soon. It's been nearly two years without one. It's been a good run.

10. Boy is squirming. Time to go!
  • 1. It is rainy and cold (at least it is for me anyway.)  I love this type of weather except that I never remember to check the weather before getting dressed. 

2. For what seems like the 20th time in the last hour I'm thinking "whoa, I am really pregnant!"

3. I have to remember to mail my ornaments for the exchange today!

4. Unfortunately, I need to come up with a polite yet tactful way of telling an employee their hygiene has become a big concern.

5. We bought our mini tree last night (we buy a fresh one and then plant it after the holidays are over) and have to figure out we want to decorate it. 

6. A really close friend of ours and her fiance put their TTC plans on hold due to illnesses found through testing to prepare for reciprocal IVF.  DW and I are trying to figure out the best way and time to tell them we are pregnant.

7. I am pretty sure the crock pot is going to become regular necessity in our home from here are out.  Time to start stockpiling recipe ideas!

8. I am nervous about what to expect now that I am pregnant when it comes to symptoms and body changes.  It seems like everything is pretty much the same when searching the internet for what to expect, but what I really want to know are all of the things they don't tell you in those publishings.

9. I am SO excited that it is December.  I love everything about this month from the cooler weather, the streets glittered with white lights and smell of holiday scents everywhere.

10. I don't think I got anything done at work today because my mind is going in what seems like a thousand different directions.
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • 1. Physically I still feel pretty great. I still sleep through the night... And am comfortable most of the time. I feel kind of guilty about it.

2. HOWEVER, I am getting pretty antsy about meeting our little Squints!

3. We got our first ever live Christmas tree over the weekend. It was a really special trip.

4. My sister was here this weekend to "help" us get ready... Instead she ended up sitting around playing on her smart phone and telling me I shouldn't expect to see my parents too often once the baby is born because it costs so much for them to kennel the dogs and pay for a hotel room... (My Mom refuses to stay with us because she can't smoke in our house, so they stay in the only smoking hotel in Columbus.)

5. These same "broke" parents, who haven't gotten their first grandchild a single gift, just bought a new Cadillac yesterday. It broke my heart. It's not about the gifts... It's just like they really don't care...

6. On the flip side... I love my in-laws. Sometimes I feel guilty because I enjoy spending time with them more than my own family.

7. I didn't gain any weight over thanksgiving... And I just can't believe. Our midwife said she would be happy to give me some of the weight she gained :)

8. I had so much fun watching football this weekend. A let me watch it all day Saturday... I sat in my comfy chair with my feet up all day, and by night you could actually see the bones in my feet through the swelling! It was magic.

9. I love my niece so much. Today we had a dance party to "All About That Bass" and she just makes me laugh so hard!

10. I want to eat Christmas cookies.... All of them.

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• edited December 2014
    GR! TB at my whole TTT!! :( It was a good one, too. BOO. I don't have time to re-do it now :( but I will try tomorrow!

@Jazibel‌ we do stockings on St. Nick's day too! My gramma was German. @ATXmommas‌ we are loving Serial too!!

1. As ball.and.chain mentioned, a,year ago today was Simone's transfer date! What a difference a year makes...she's way cuter now.

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• 1. I'm on a council for SPED teachers in my district, and we just had a big meeting to share our ideas and ask questions of the Powers That Be.  I felt like such a sore thumb: I just didn't fit in.  I'm too young, too honest and too out there.  Blech.  Imposter syndrome?  Could be.

2. On the bright side, one of the Powers that I work with regularly asked me if I planned to teach summer school again, because I'd done such a good job last year.  So that was nice.  I don't get a lot of chances for meaningful feedback in my job, so it was good to hear.

3.  I still secretly believe that because I am not one of the 20 people whose names I have been reading on this board for a year, that means I shouldn't participate in things like this.  

4. I had cold pizza for dinner and it was excellent.  I should find a fruit or a vegetable to go with it though.

5. The holidays are weird for me lately.  I am dealing with some weirdness with my family of origin, and it is making this time of the year really tough for me.  I don't seem to be excited for Christmas.  I guess I'm not dreading it either, so that's good.

6. I love my Fitbit, but since Daylight Savings Time and the cold weather have set in, it has been so hard for me to get all my steps in.  I don't wanna walk in the cold and the dark.  *pouts* I don't wanna walk on the treadmill for an hour *more pouting*  First world problems, anyone?

7. Does/did anybody else go through phases in their baby-wanting?  Sometimes I want to have a baby right now, and the desire is so strong, I feel like a crazy person.  For the past week, I've felt really calm about it.  I still want to have a baby, but I feel... Less rabid, I guess.  It would be great to stay this way, but I bet I'll get crazy again soon.

8. I have two cats.  They don't get along.  One is a 16 year old buff tabby who has arthritis and is allergic to all food, apparently.  We adopted her along with a dilute tortoiseshell kitty about 6 years ago.  The tortie died on Valentine's Day this year, and I am still completely heartbroken about it.  We felt off-balance with only one kitty, so we got Millie, a 9 year old, flame-point Himalayan (smoosh face kitty, SO funny looking). Millie lives in our second bedroom, with the door closed.  We let them interact across two baby gates that are moving ever closer.  It's ridiculous.

9. I am ludicrously extraverted and verbose.  I apologize.

10. I went to a women's college for undergrad, and they are considering changing their admission policies to explicitly include (in addition to cis-gendered women): trans-men, female bodied people who do not identify with a gender and trans-women. It's been interesting to follow the conversation among alums.  I, for one, couldn't be prouder of my college for joining other women's colleges in being more inclusive.
    -----
    Impatiently waiting to TTC (2015)
    Me & Sweetie (both 27)
    Together for 7.5 years
    My uterus will house the baby
    January 2014 - I lost my right ovary and fallopian 
    tube to a 26cm tumor (non-cancerous, thankfully).  
    Symmetry is overrated, right?
  • @wittyandwaiting - I love the Humans of New York project!  C and much of her family knew one of the women featured a few months back.  She went to school with C.

@Esquette - In regards to your #3, I felt the same way at one time.  Feel free to jump in wherever!  That's what makes you a part of our community. 

1.  I have the ornament that I need to send out, but feel like it is incomplete to send yet.  I need to get it figured out and in the air soon!

2.  My Grandma passed away 6 years ago yesterday.  Her birthday is Saturday.  I live in her house and that is also where she died.  I was with her when she took her last breath and by her side for the 6 weeks that we took care of her at home. 

3.  I decorated for Christmas tonight.  I haven't decorated in several years, other than putting up a tree.  Since my Grandma died, I just haven't been able to get into the Christmas season.  It was emotional to get everything out tonight as some of the things belonged to her.  I'm really glad that I did it.

4.  If things work out schedule wise, C and I plan to sign up for foster care classes in February. 

5.  I hope that C will get one of the two jobs that she applied for last week.  Tomorrow is the last day for applications to go in.  I'm hoping that she will hear something quickly. 

6.  Potential TMI alert......  I had a "pinkish tint", as we call it in our house, this morning when I went to the bathroom.  Oddly enough, I got excited that CD1 appears to be on the way.  I'm ready to make a baby (not that I wasn't before of course) and anxious/excited to get started again.

7.  Still no word from the RE's office...

8.  Over the summer we moved the treadmill to our living room.  I have no idea where we are going to put our Christmas tree now.  This is going to be a challenge.

9.  C and I made deviled eggs tonight.  I've never made them before.  I put some yellow squash relish in some of mine and that made them delish!

10.  I love my glass water bottle.  Now I need one for hot beverages. 

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• @2mamazinseattle & @atxmommas - EV looooves Serial, I haven't been listening but she fills me in as the story unfolds. Completely fascinating.

@KH826 - I can't wait for you to share the 25 days of Christmas photos - its such such such a great idea. Your wife has taken some amazing photos of Will -  I wish I lived closer because I'd arrange for a photo shoot. 

@sdfonz619 - there's something so special about being newly pregnant. Enjoy!! I'm so happy for you.

@CrazyAunt84 - I'm so sorry that happened & kuddos for taking it up with corporate. 

@Esquette - I love reading everyone's posts so please share anytime. Also regarding your #7 - I totally had (and have) changing baby-craziness. 

@wittyandwaiting - Fingers and Toes crossed for your Beta (or POAS)!!!

@StacyLH24 - I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandmother and also glad to hear that you're reclaiming Christmas this year. ...Also I'm so excited for your next TTC steps. Sending so many good vibes your way.
  • @sdfonz619 I was a camp director at a summer resident camp for a long time, and I feel like I constantly had to talk to people about their hygiene...  and it was NEVER comfortable.  The worst was the time I had to tell a 20 year old staff member they couldn't wear their bathing suit all day everyday, because it was probably causing some pretty gnarly infections (we swam in a lake and she would just never change out of her swimsuit... YUCK!)

@KH826 I love the pics of Will I have seen...  are you all taking those yourself?  Do you have a photographer in the house?  They are totally catalogue worthy...

@Jazibel We are also angel adopters...  We decided this year to get an angel that would have been the same age as our loss baby...  we had fun shopping and event got Hayden and the angel a matching outfit!  Made us happy...

@Esquette I definitely feel you on being nervous about posting.  I think I posted consistently for months before feeling like a "part of the thing"...  but it is totally worth it!  Don't be shy!

@stacyLH24 I also had a Grandma's who I was very close to who had a Christmas season birthday.  She was born on Christmas Eve and I still feel a bit of sadness when I think about Christmases without her.  I am proud of you for taking the first steps to reclaim the season!  I know it isn't easy :)

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• @doodah1013 - Thanks! Those photos are all my wife! She has a serious photography hobby, and I think she is really good (though she says I am biased). She is using the NikonD3200 camera that I bought her for her 30th Bday, and she edits them on her Mac (she has some program - I don't know what it is called). She is super serious about it. Last night's photo involved moving furniture so she could use the specific wall that she wanted! I go with it, because the end result so far has been awesome! :)

• @doodah1013, I cannot even begin to imagine how horrible things were underneath her bathing suit, and I never understand how they don't realize.  I mean, if everyone around you can smell it!!
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Can I really re-do this on Saturday morning? Yes, I can, because I am enjoying a cup of coffee while my baby is sleeping and wife is working! Ok...I feel like I have so much to tell you all!

1. The architect comes tomorrow to draw up the house as-is as the first step of our remodel. I'm nervous ($$$) but excited. In the end, our house will be worth $200K+ what we will owe on it. This is my reminder to charge forward despite how scary it is - 1) we could NEVER buy the house we want/need in the area we live in; 2) we can sell the sucker anytime and make bank 3) we'll be switching from a 15-yr loan to a 30-yr loan, and our actual monthly payment will go DOWN. No kidding. And also, SQUEE!!!!

2. We hired a nanny!!!!!!!!!! We found the perfect fit - she's been with a family for years who dropped her to 2 days but desperately did not want to lose her. We wanted three days, and it was actually the mom of her current family who told her about the gig, and proactively wrote me an email gushing about C, the nanny. So- we have her 20-25 hours/week, one day is a share with the other family. We scored at $14/hour for the first three months then $15 - and $8/hour (what!?!) on one share day/week. She brings her 22 month old girl, who is well-behaved and sweet (which sold J on her 100%). She is willing to pick up/drop off, and we visited her at her home, met her super sweet husband. Oh, and they had a cat. Bonus. This is such a load off my mind. Expensive option but we still feel great about it.

3. I keep missing the parenting check in which makes me sad. I did not what to be "that bumpie" but here I am. I write it every week in detail *in my head* but just can't seem to get it done here. However, I will say Simone is 15 weeks, kicking a** and taking names in her development, growth and cuteness. We are madly in love with her, feel lucky every single day, and still can't believe she's real. Until she poops (pew!) or cries, then she is very very real.

4. Ok - so we went to see the RE this week!!!!!! I think J is on board for TTC#2 but our RE said really, there isn't the huge rush I thought due to DEggs. So - it may be that I have a baby at 45. I know this sounds horrifying to me, somehow 44 just sounds so much better. But, I am thinking post-remodel this summer we will make our attempt. It will cost us a bit OOP but I figure I'll just use the LOC from the remodel and lump it in to the refi afterwards... I mean, financed over 30 years, it'll be like $50/month. LOL. Right now we are mostly leaning toward using the frozen eggs from our same donor, and I have 1 vial of sperm from our guy. There's only a 50% chance of a take-home baby...if we went fresh egg it's 70%... but that is a LOT more expensive.

5. So I started an ornament tradition for S! I am going to get her the Swarovski Snowflake every year and keep them in a nice box for her to take one day when she is a grown up. They are so pretty, and I scored this year's on an Amazon lightening deal for less than $50! She was frozen for a year, after all. And, well, who doesn't like a snowflake!? :) I'm also going to get her a more fun/normal ornament every year to go along with it - someone's mom in our PEPs group did this for her - she said they reflected something that happened that year and it was a great box to get the first year she had her own tree.

6. Today is St. Nick's Day! As I said before, we are doing stockings with our family today. My sister is making Polish food (yum!) and I'm excited as I decided to bring the fixins' for a family craft...we are going to make calming jars! Do you know about these?? I did a tester last night and it was fast, easy and fun. I got all the supplies as part of my stocking gifts for everyone. Apparently they calm toddlers too... but this would be a fun craft with a kid as well!

7. We started to sleep train S but realized it's still too soon. The last two nights we had her back in our bed and angels were singing. I know it has to happen at some point, but it was just not time yet.

8. Sooooo breastfeeding. Sigh. Ok I'm still at it, but like 2-3 times a day for maybe 20 minutes total each. She is eating like 24-30 oz. of formula now! I could never keep up. After our east coast trip my bf rhythm got thrown off and well, now it's morning, night and an afternoon snack. I still love the bonding, but with my lame-ass milk supply, I never get too full or engorged (what's that like?) so when I return to work I won't have to pump at all. So, I'm just going to do this until I don't want to anymore. It still makes me sad, and I am not thrilled with spending so much $$ on formula, but at this point I'm resigned. Still working on letting go of the guilt, sadness, etc. around it, but S is thriving and it'll be ok!

9. J and I are working on getting in a better place as new parents. We are both finding we nag each other a lot more than before, which is fun for no one, ever. It's weird because I know so many of you report that you love your partner more than ever, everything is better/more perfect now that you have a baby... but for us, it seems harder for sure. That said, we talk about it openly and remind the other we are both in this forever and we will sort it out. Fortunately, we just remind ourselves of how much we love S, and how we have to figure this out for her wellbeing too!

10. Ok we are officially Weight Watching. J joined me (much to my utter surprise!) after her annual physical. I'm guessing her weight was more than expected. So now it's been SO much easier b/c I am fixing proper meals/recipes for us both and she is loving that, and just overall it's easier to do together. Here's hoping we can both get 20-25 lbs off and be in a good place by our Hawaii trip in April!

Thanks for reading! I know that was long...oh, and I just heard the baby waking! Perfect!

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• redrockmamaredrockmama member
    edited December 2014
    Just wanted to say your #9 is so us right now. It seems to be getting a little better, but that initial love each other so much more didn't last long. Having a baby is hard and we are still struggling to be a couple. It doesn't help that M is a higher needs baby. I know it will get better bur I have to remind myself to not get in that nagging frustrated place to often, and to communicate even though I'm exhausted. Sorry I'm rambling, just wanted to say you're not the only one.

• 9. It's weird because I know so many of you report that you love your partner more than ever, everything is better/more perfect now that you have a baby...

Pretty sure I'm not one of those folks that ever said this. Having a child makes marriage that much harder in my experience. The nagging sounds familiar. It's hard to be completely calm and rational when you're exhausted and/or just dealing with the added dimension that parenting brings. You're not alone! Hugs and thanks for the update on everything!
  • What @redrockmama & ATXmommas said! J and I are definitely still adjusting and we have good days and not so good days. We are definitely less patient with each other. Life is just different and our whole dynamic has changed. As people who don't like change, that has been a big challenge. It has been hard.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"