April 2015 Moms

Annoying ppl

I don't know is it me or does it annoy you to when you see the same ppl all the time and they keep askin did you pick a name yet? I tell them no and when I know what the name is, it will be a surprise ( since the gender wasn't) their response -but your gonna tell me right .. Ugh lol [-(

Re: Annoying ppl

• Aw man - I'm one of those dear diary people (ppl) - guess I gotta learn the rules ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Just as annoying every single time i work getting asked if i had morning sickness. It's apparently a time to be asked invasive questions by randos.
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• I'm not finding out the sex of the baby until birth and have made it clear to my family that we aren't going to find out.

YET THEY STILL ASK. Every time.
    "So what are you having?"

So yes the repetitive questions are annoying. Or maybe they do it on purpose...
    Hmmm....
  • People kept asking me with my DS what name we picked, even though I explained multiple times that we hadn't picked one and wouldn't until he was born. Apparently people thought o was holding out, but it was really annoying to be asked all the time about a name we really hadn't picked.
  • I like the various awkward name idea! Change it frequently and make each name more ridiculous than the last. Maybe they will stop asking
  • Just be thankful they aren't asking you if you plan on breastfeeding, "you know, since there's two of them"... What I plan or don't plan to do with my boobs and children don't concern you. I'd much rather the name questions haha.
  • My MIL asked us frequently in early pregnancy what we were going to name the baby. It was irritating so we told her Cletus for a boy (Cletus the fetus) or Norma Jean Gertrude if it was a girl. Now that we know it's a boy she openly calls him Cletus and told me at Thanksgiving I needed to pick a name so she could quit telling her friends her grandsons name is Cletus. :-/
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • My husband and I agreed if anyone asked we were going to say a few names that are not even on the list , ye olde throw them off the scent trick .. ! Lol originally we weren't even going to tell anyone the sex but for me that was just because I didn't want heaps of pink for a girl !! Since it's a boy we were like ah what the heck
  • saltbox40 said:
    Just be thankful they aren't asking you if you plan on breastfeeding, "you know, since there's two of them"... What I plan or don't plan to do with my boobs and children don't concern you. I'd much rather the name questions haha.
    WTF is wrong with people?! I apologize for all the rude idiots.
    Haha, I just laugh and try to make them feel really uncomfortable for even asking. I mean, I have no issues discussing with people that I'm close too.. I'm a pretty open person. But randoms? Uhh, no thank you. Stop talking about my boobs and what comes out of them. 
  • I just say that we have a list. When I don't divulge the list, they get it.

I do get asked if I've changed my mind about finding out the sex, and then get told I'm brave for not knowing. Or if I have any cravings. Or how I feel/MS (at one point I was asked if I had MS and when I said no, was told I was too early and to wait (at 16 weeks)). Someone told me I shouldn't reach above my head and MIL said I shouldn't jog because I might shake something loose :|

DH doesn't like it when I poke my stomach because I'm bothering the baby
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • saltbox40 said:
    Just be thankful they aren't asking you if you plan on breastfeeding, "you know, since there's two of them"... What I plan or don't plan to do with my boobs and children don't concern you. I'd much rather the name questions haha.
    WTF is wrong with people?! I apologize for all the rude idiots.
    Haha, I just laugh and try to make them feel really uncomfortable for even asking. I mean, I have no issues discussing with people that I'm close too.. I'm a pretty open person. But randoms? Uhh, no thank you. Stop talking about my boobs and what comes out of them. 
    Yea, it's even worse AFTER you have the baby and people want to know if your are breastfeeding.  So awkward.

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• Honestly to all the awkward questions people ask me I just make this face: image I'm extremely sociably awkward as it is...now with a noticeable baby bump I'm superrrr shy.
  • I don't get it.  If you have a name picked out, and you're positive you're using that name, why not answer the question? 

I get its awkward to ask personal questions about breast feeding, if your doing natural childbirth, etc if they aren't a close friend, but keeping names a secret never made sense to me.

Anyone care to explain why you keep your names secret?

• I don't get it.  If you have a name picked out, and you're positive you're using that name, why not answer the question? 

I get its awkward to ask personal questions about breast feeding, if your doing natural childbirth, etc if they aren't a close friend, but keeping names a secret never made sense to me.

Because until that child is out of your womb and named on paper, people are constantly trying to give their opinion. I didn't want to hear responses/critiques/advice/aversions to my child's name pre-birth, so I just didn't share. It worked out. My mom said, "honestly, I hated the name for about three seconds in the delivery room, and then it became her very own, beautiful name and I was in love with it." That three seconds pre-baby would have been an incredulous comment or awkward look, and I didn't feel like having to exercise my bitch face with people all the time. People have zero tact with pregnant women. Our just, you know, in life. Also, it annoyed some people so much that it was actually comical, so I really enjoyed myself. Whoever cared enough to get visibly pissed that I wouldn't share the name (because, seriously...) signed up for months of teasing. It was a grand time.
    Makes sense.  My grandma still tells me she doesn't like my sons name (he's 3), but it never really bothered me.  

Thanks for filling me in.  I never really considered that it might be THAT annoying for some people to make them keep it to themselves. 
  • miahbellemiahbelle member
    edited December 2014
    JessNally said:

I don't get it.  If you have a name picked out, and you're positive you're using that name, why not answer the question? 

Because people don't keep rude comments to themselves. Because when you tell someone a name you like pre-baby they feel that somehow it's ok to tell you they don't like that name and then they tell you why. I don't really care who does or doesn't like the names we do, but I don't feel like hearing about it either. It's rude and uncalled for. People don't say anything (usually) after the baby is born. I guess they figure it's too late? I'm not sure the thought process, but whatever shuts them up.

DH and I don't pre-name the baby for several reasons so we don't have one to tell people any way.
  • angi3o said:

Just tell them a super ridiculous made up name

Which is exactly what we do. We call the baby Adergoole.
  • Yes, we throw out multiple odd names just so no one gives us anything personalized. We did share that we're having a boy and someone asked what name we had picked for a girl. When I said "Lennon" I was treated with a grown woman gagging and telling me how horrible that name is. Lesson learned.
  • marigold32marigold32 member
    edited December 2014
    I'm annoyed that everyday my coworkers have to comment that they can "see my bump today." They've said that everyday for the past two weeks. Yes I finally have a bump and it's not going to go away any time soon. Do we really have to comment on my appearance everyday? I also hate getting asked how much weight I've gained so far.
    This! The janitor at school told me today that "he was going to be a big baby". WTF? When the cray teacher across the hall discovered I was pregnant, she started screaming repeatedly "OMG THERE IS A BABY IN THERE!" and leaned toward my stomach to talk to the baby. The IT guy walked by and she said "Look! (Pointed to my stomach) there is a BABY in there!" And the she proceeded to speak baby jibberish while she was about 5 in from my stomach. She is the most annoying so far.
    Dude. If I had a dollar for every "that's going to be a huge baby" last pregnancy... She was 7lb6oz. And you realIze you're just saying you think I look fat in a format you somehow think is acceptable, right asshat? People are such dicks to pregnant ladies!
    I didn't get any 'that's going to be a huge baby' and I had a 10 lb 13 oz baby. Strangers are always talking out of their asses about pregnancy. Okay the only huge baby comments I got were from my mom (I was 9 lb 13) and my midwife. I did get one complete stranger screaming his small talk at me though. I didn't realize he was talking to me the first time so he screamed quite aggressively at me HEY!! ANY DAY NOW HUH! Why are you so entitled to my attention that you think you get to scream at me to force me into small talk about when exactly this baby is coming? Fuck off thanks. Sometimes it's nice that being pregnant or having a baby prompts conversations with strangers. People love to smile and wave at DD. But some people just need to STFU for serious
    I didn't have any of these situations while pg, but I did have a man I sat next to on a plane get weird on me. I was nursing my 3 mos old (under a cover) and DS was reaching out from the peek hole like a zombie from the grave. Said dude reaches over and says, "here little buddy, you can hold my finger." Dafuq?! Even DS got huge eyes and pulled his hand back in the safety of the cover.
    Too funny! Do you think he was probably totally oblivious to what you were doing, and just thought he was being friendly? My mom said that she was visiting family shortly after I was born, and was feeding me on the couch with a blanket thrown over me. Her uncle kept coming up to her and trying to pull the blanket back to "see the baby". His wife finally slapped his hand and told him the baby was trying to eat. Apparently he turned a few shades of red  [-X
  • @MOtownMama‌ i cannot stop giggling at the 'zombie from the grave' analogy. Hahaha.
  • OP, I avoid the issue entirely by saying "we haven't decided yet."  Even if we have, we don't tell the name.  Besides, DH might hear one he likes better tomorrow.  Totally possible.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"