May 2015 Moms

Another shower question...

For those of you involved in planning your shower (or those of you who just know details), what type of venue is it being held at?  I told my stepmom and MIL that I want to be involved planning this one.  They were super catty to each other for the bridal shower, so I'm trying to keep the peace this time around.  We don't have many details planned yet, but I was wondering what others were doing?  House, church, restaurant, golf club, winery?

Thanks!

Re: Another shower question...

• Winery??? Now I'm curious how many have their baby shower at a winery.
    Haha..we have a lot of wineries opening up in this area, and I've thrown a few bridal showers at different ones.  They've all been really nice, so I'm not ruling them out :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @IFinTN  I realize that showers are a gift, but the other people involved in throwing my bridal shower...sisters and friends...ended up having to moderate the moms.  I'm just trying to avoid that this time.  I'm also planning to help financially to ease the burden on family.

When I mentioned a previous shower, I was referring to my bridal shower. I'm a FTM and haven't had any baby showers yet.
  • Our shower will be at my moms neighborhood clubhouse.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've hosted a few showers over the years for friends at my house. I've only every been to 1 shower (I was a hostess) that was at a banquet hall but this person has a ton of family and friends on both sides and there was like 15 hostesses, it was crazy.

Baby showers to me are smaller, nothing like a bridal shower. Only close family and friends. I'm another in the camp of you shouldn't be involved in the planning of your shower.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • My best friend is hosting but she lives across the country but it'll be in my mom's house
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the feedback  :D
  • I think venue depends on guest list. If you're inviting 50 people, you probably can't have it in someone's home (unless maybe outside in a tent if the weather is right). I think a private room in a restaurant is nice.
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • My first baby shower was at a private room in a restaurant and my 2nd shower was at my MILs house.
    1st BFP- March 2011. Natural MC @ 8 weeks
    2nd BFP- July 2011.  Chemical Pregnancy
    3rd BFP- Sep 2011. My beautiful son was born May 2012.
    4th BFP-August 2014- Due May 12, 2015

• Mine was at my cousin's house. Most showers I've been to are in people's homes or a restaurant that has a separate room for parties.

imageimage

• Another vote for neighborhood clubhouse. I offered the use of mine to the hostess. If we didn't have it here, it would probably have been at someone's house. And no one I know likes to clean their house for a party.
  • Most I have been to have been at a house, unless the guest list was large, then it was moved to a clubhouse.
    Pregnancy Ticker       
                                                BFP: September 1st, 2014
                                                   EDD: May 2nd, 2015

• Church, houses and clubhouses- but yes- I'd disengage. You'll have enough to worry about.
  • I've been to several different kinds an have just always preferred in home showers. My friend is having mine at her mom's. She asked me if it was ok and how I wanted it. I gave her a vague idea of what I'd like but told her I trust them and for them to do what they think is best.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"