July 2015 Moms
Options

Meal ideas for extreme nausea

I can't seem to keep much down but I am starving! Yoghurt goes well but I can't live on it.
What are you moms with extreme morning/all day sickness eating?

Re: Meal ideas for extreme nausea

• Options
    Do NOT eat rice!!!! I made that mistake yesterday. Most painful vomiting ever!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely NOT the calamari I just ate... I even said today "wow I feel great" should have known better..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lol maybe we need to start a thread of food NOT to eat when throwing up
  • Options
    Apples with peanut butter and slices of Colby cheese. I'm going on day two of this meal.
    ? PgAL/PAL Welcome ? My Chart ?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yesterday I mostly ate crackers. Today crackers are making me want to hurl so I think I'm screwed.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Ginger ale, cold grapes, dry cereal, grilled cheese. Apples were helping me during week 6. And now.. I can't even look at them without getting nauseous!
  • Options
    I've been eating muffins and drinking milk.... It's helped with waking up in the morning and not wanting to throw up.
  • Options
    Peanut butter sandwich with soft bread for minimal chewing
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Baked potato?
    First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Mrs. Grass soup! It's delicious broth plus tiny thin noodles. It was always my go-to hangover remedy, and thankfully it's still a gem. Look for the blue box in the soup aisle!
  • Options
    I find things cold and light are easier for me to eat. I haven't thrown up yet, but I have severe food aversion. Mostly what sounds good to me is cheese and crackers :-S
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    For some reason when I'm really nauseous I find that I can stomach berries.. Had a bowl of blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries for dinner last night and it was kind of refreshing and light enough to not feel more nauseous.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    dairymom said:

Lol maybe we need to start a thread of food NOT to eat when throwing up

Agreed! I did discover that throwing up a hot fudge sundae pop tart was actually more on the pleasant side!

Anything seafood related, however.... Ugh the worst.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options
    I'm living on:
    Buttered toast
    Instant mashed potatoes
    Buttered noodles
    Mac n cheese
    English muffin with peanut butter
    Pretzels
    Baked potatoes
    Applesauce
    Oven baked steak fries
    Pancakes/waffles/French toast

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Last week I couldn't keep anything down, but I found that smoothies were a little easier on me.

Dylan Sophia 06.04.09 - Elijah Alexander 04.25.10 - 04.25.10 - Sullivan Thomas 09.06.11 - Calvin Douglas 08.06.13 - Baby GIRL Due 07.01.15!
    Elijah's Story: Embracing Elijah
    My blog: Midwest Chaos

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Pancakes are working for me. Nice and bland but filling and soft on my tummy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My doc at the hospital last night also recommended the BRAT diet...but that all sounds awful to me. I ended up giving into a wierd cottage cheese craving, and kept down a few bites - so I would try ANYTHING that you can think about without gagging.

Also, I've been living off jello and Mrs ts pierogies, so I'd say try those!
  • Options
    I'm living on buttered toast, prunes, sliced cheese, grapes, yogurt, and ginger ale. 
    BFP #1: 7/23/14, EDD: 4/7/15 (No HB, measured 6w3d), Natural MC: 9/5/14 (9w)
    BFP #2: 11/10/14, EDD: 7/23/15 (hoping for a sticky baby!)

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Toast with peanut butter, cereal, oatmeal.... These seem to be my go to items.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Through my stomach virus this week the only thing I was able to get down was string cheese. Very mild taste, not a heavy food, and it stayed down. It's the only thing that I was able to handle for 3 days.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I like to drink a smoothie everyday, add a handful of your favorite fruit, yogurt, fruit juice and ice and done. I've also been living on applesauce, broth, and vegetables. Occasionally I'll be able to eat a "big girl meal" lol
  • Options
    I like to drink a smoothie everyday, add a handful of your favorite fruit, yogurt, fruit juice and ice and done. I've also been living on applesauce, broth, and vegetables. Occasionally I'll be able to eat a "big girl meal" lol
  • Options
  • Options
    And apparently my phone decided to post that comment 3 times, sorry. Wish I knew how to delete it.
  • Options
    I have been existing solely on toast, cheese and occasional watermelon. Sometimes plain oatmeal.

I hate that so many of us are in this miserable nausea boat, but it does help knowing I am not alone.
  • Options
    Plain bagel (has to be plain! None of this grain crap! Barf barf)
    Cheddar cheese, yogurt. Cold meat?

Man this is wierd. But those items don't make me barf. But a sandwich combination of say grilled cheese or a meat sandwich? No.

It's a MIRACLE these babies get nutrition. Truly!
  • Options
    Thank you for this post!  I had been fortunate up until this point- 8w3d with twins, but that just ended.  I'm going to ask my husband to pick me up a few bland items at the grocery store on his way home from work.  
  • Options
    With DD, ramen was my go to meal when whatever DH made sounded awful.  The salty goodness made it bearable.  I have a stash waiting just in case.
    July '15 January Siggy - snow fails
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Apples, raisin bran, fruit cups, sometimes smoothies, and if I feel like I'm about to hurl I drink a cup of caffeine free pepsi and can usually keep it down.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Toast, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt. Breakfast foods seem to be easy to keep down. The thought of pizza or thai food are nauseating. Two things I typically love. I can only handle bland foods mostly.
  • Options
    I haven't had extreme nausea but I have had extreme food aversions. I was eating MAYBE 500 calories a day for almost 2 weeks straight. If you can stomach milk, try the carnation instant breakfast packs. They are loaded with protein and other good things.
  • Options
    jenwalker1978jenwalker1978 member
    edited December 2014
    I've been doing well with pasta (no red sauce)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Toast with peanut butter, Rice, Apples, Fruit. Prezles, Water, Preggie pops also help. :)
  • Options
    DONT EAT ONIONS. I made the worst mistake ever and it was the most unpleasant experience in the world. I'm pretty much stuck to breads, yogurts, fruits, and anything ginger. What I wouldn't give for this nausea to stop!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"