September 2013 Moms
Options

Spiteful

DD is getting very spiteful these days. Is this normal for 15 months. I talk to her all day while I'm doing whatever it is that I need to do. I stop and play with her but she quickly moves on to do something else. It's not like I'm ignoring her all day. For instance today, she took an ornament off the tree and I could tell she was being very rough and wild which she is all the time. So I said give that ornament. She was looking at me and waving her arms around wildly then pretty much threw the ornament at the table so of course it broke. I quickly picked her up and firmly told her no. Then we washed the little pieces off her hand and we sat on the kitchen floor for 30-60 seconds. I told her she was wrong and that it didn't make me happy. She was making these cute smiling cheesy grin faces at me and I kept a straight face. How would you handle a wild, and sometimes spiteful 15 month old who needs constant attention.

Re: Spiteful

• Options
    Thanks @jnetx‌ @pigtailsandpinafores‌ @fiveohfive‌ . Also is it normal for this testing type behavior to happen 800 times a day. Sometimes she gets so excited playing with the dog that she begins to hit him. Which I correct her for immediately. But it literally happens 10 times in a row and the spiteful aggressive behavior gets worse as nap time approaches then it's better. Just thought I'd share the entire concern . Thanks ladies
  • Options
    Sounds 100% like my daughter, and she gets in mood where she acts like that multiple times a day. She recently started hitting and biting so it's been challenging. She's been challenging since day one though so it doesn't surprise me but it does seem very normal. I've questioned it too and am figuring out myself how to deal with it and I mostly distract and remove her from the situation. If she hits the cat for example after showing her how to be gentle I tell her " That hurts the cat so if you're not gentle, we are not going to pet the cat" then I take her away. Same for when she tries to stand on stuff that could be dangerous if she falls, I say "If you can't sit down on yor bum you can't play over here" or "if you stand on that you will fall and hurt your head" .. She has her moments where she flips out and throws herself on the floor because I'm not allowing her to do the things she wants to do but I mostly will try to distract her. These fits happen many times a day for us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"