Minnesota Babies

Park Nicollet OB/Midwives?

I see an OB at Park Nicollet that I love (Dr. Witzke). I saw her through my pregnancy. Unfortunately at PN you see a RN every other prenatal visit and I didn't love the RN we saw. For my next pregnancy I am thinking about using the midwives. Or trying Dr. Witzke again but seeing a different RN. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a OB/GYN RN or experience/recommendations on midwives at PN.
TIA!

Re: Park Nicollet OB/Midwives?

• Which location?  I see the midwives at PN Shakopee and they are wonderful (there are 5 in that group- they just added 2 more).  One of the SLP midwives used to be at the U and I saw her there- she is super sweet and I was sad to discover that she was no longer with my previous midwife group. 

I can't really speak to the difference between seeing and OB and a midwife b/c I have always seen either a midwifew or a nurse practitioner.  I can say that our appointments are pretty relaxed and we usually spend more time chatting than doing "medical" stuff.  In general, midwives are known to be more supportive of a med free/low intervention birth, if that is something that you want.  I delivered with the midwife group through the U of M with my first and then switched to the PN group for my second and have great things to say about both groups.  The midwife who delivered my first actually stayed past her shift change becuase I was pretty close to delivering (I think her shift ended at 7 am and I delivered at 8 am).  She was super positive throughout and really coached me.  She also brought up different possible interventions when she sensed that we might be heading towards needing some help and then waited another hour or so before brigning it up again so I never felt pressure from her to go in a certain direction (like I was in control and being given options vs being told).  The PN group has been pretty similar and they also let me space my visits so I went every 5-6 weeks instead of 4 until they need to start seeing me every 2, which was nice.  We've discussed my previous birth and have an ongoing discussion about how we are going to approach this one- assuming that there are no complications. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for all the information. Sorry I didn't specify a location- I will be at SLP location.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I really like Halverson, but that may be because we have similar personalities. Hope you find one you like.
    imageimage
  • Went to the Baby Expo yesterday and heard the panel of midwives that deliver at hospitals. I was so impressed with the discussion that thinking of moving to using a midwife either at PN in STL or Fairview riverside.
  • I see the midwives at PN in SLP and they are so great!  I really haven't had a bad experience with any of them.  The ones that delivered DD1 is Kira and Gerri.  But I've also see Cari Erickson, Anna Levine and Pat. 

I went to an OB when I first moved to the cities and while she was nice there's really no comparison to what I have felt with the midwives.  They take a lot of time with you and just really make you feel listened too.  Plus their new space at Methodist is really nice where they have lab and ultrasound all in one place so you don't have to make multiple stops to get labs, US etc.  And they all deliver in the Family Birth Center so it's in the hospital in case something was needed.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JenLy2012 said:
    I see the midwives at PN in SLP and they are so great!  I really haven't had a bad experience with any of them.  The ones that delivered DD1 is Kira and Gerri.  But I've also see Cari Erickson, Anna Levine and Pat. 

I went to an OB when I first moved to the cities and while she was nice there's really no comparison to what I have felt with the midwives.  They take a lot of time with you and just really make you feel listened too.  Plus their new space at Methodist is really nice where they have lab and ultrasound all in one place so you don't have to make multiple stops to get labs, US etc.  And they all deliver in the Family Birth Center so it's in the hospital in case something was needed.  
    Going to do a visit on Oct 28th- pretty excited but nervous to tell my current OB that I'll be leaving.
  • We were with Dr. Marcia Caron who was great. Her RN is Nancy Gossard who was honest with us and a good listener.
  • I'm with Monica Norwick at Park Nicollet, and I've had a great experience so far.  Her RN, Lois Satterberg, is wonderful.
  • I see the midwives in Minneapolis (they also work in St. Louis Park). They are THE BEST. Just soooo friendly.
  • JenLy2012 said:
    I see the midwives at PN in SLP and they are so great!  I really haven't had a bad experience with any of them.  The ones that delivered DD1 is Kira and Gerri.  But I've also see Cari Erickson, Anna Levine and Pat. 

Going to do a visit on Oct 28th- pretty excited but nervous to tell my current OB that I'll be leaving.
    How did it go??

• MNtrekker said:
    I see the midwives in Minneapolis (they also work in St. Louis Park). They are THE BEST. Just soooo friendly.
    They really are the best! I don't think I have met a bad one yet! And the birth center is really nice!

• I'd like to second what JenLy2012 said. I saw Kira primarily, but also have seen Cari and at least three others at the SLP location. Best experience ever. 
    imageimage

• @JenLy2012‌ - just realized I never responded. It was great. I met with Amy and we are in the middle of transferring records over. I had minor pre-e symptoms before so they need to decide if I can stay with the midwives or will have to be with OB. Either way, I am very happy that I'm switching to Park Nicollet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"