Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Nexplanon/Implanon: How to Know

So I had my nexplanon removed on November 13th after a little over a year. Since then my husband and I have been TTC. Last time I had it removed I was almost instantly pregnant. I haven't gotten my period since I got my implanon in about four years ago. How do I know what date to use to figure out conception with no period to rely on? I want to know as soon as possible if it has happened or when to know... should I just assume my period is due a month from removal and go from there?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Nexplanon/Implanon: How to Know

• Options
    pmcd886pmcd886 member
    edited November 2014
    If you chart your basal body temperature you will know when/if you ovulate, and then you will know about when you can expect your period. Check out the newbie blog (the READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST), sign up for Fertility Friend, do the FF tutorials, buy a basal body thermometer, and begin charting.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • Options
    PP's have covered the information wonderfully so I'll just say welcome and best wishes!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you all I will make sure to get on top of all of your suggestions.

I know every woman is different and every pregnancy is different but the past two have been the same in terms of time taken to conceive so I am just hopeful that the same thing is going on here. I have been feeling lightheaded and fatigued too. I just don't want to get my hopes up until it is for sure.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Thank you all I will make sure to get on top of all of your suggestions.

I know every woman is different and every pregnancy is different but the past two have been the same in terms of time taken to conceive so I am just hopeful that the same thing is going on here. I have been feeling lightheaded and fatigued too. I just don't want to get my hopes up until it is for sure.

Any symptoms you are having now (at cycle day 13) couldn't possibly have anything to do with pregnancy..,
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Welcome and good luck! It's too early to be pregnant right now since you've only had the nexplanon removed like 13 days ago but that doesn't mean this won't be your cycle. Give it time and don't be hard on yourself if you're not pregnant right away like in the past. 
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Thank you I am trying to be very stress free. I was having super symptoms but turns out I had an ovarian cysts, I didn't know there were some similar symptoms ... oh well we will keep trying, not that we have been trying for very long at all.

I knew it sounded hokey but I read a few posts where women said they felt symptoms almost immediately because of hormones. It was wishful thinking... womp womp!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"