September 2012 Moms

Weekend Plans

What's everyone up to this weekend? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekend Plans

• Boring stuff: swimming lessons, house cleaning, decorating the tree and house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Tonight I think we'll have our usual pizza dinner and then I need to make some cookies for a cookie exchange tomorrow.  I think I'll have Lily help me with decorating the cookies.

Tomorrow I'm going to a cookie exchange/bunco event put on by the alumnae chapter of my sorority.  I'm debating if we should take Lily to see Santa in the morning tomorrow or not.  I'd like to try and go when it's not busy, so maybe if we get there early enough we'll beat the crowds.

Sunday we'll probably be going to Target and then having dinner at my mom's house. 

• Loading the player...
  • Finals.  One tomorrow and studying for one on Tuesday.  Woo.

I have no idea what my boys will be doing.  I'm going to try talk DH into going up to his parents so the boys can run around.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Dinner at the 'rents tonight
    Tomorrow, hoping for early naps because James' party starts at 3:30
    If we are not too tired from the party, DH and I will put up the tree after the boys go to bed so we can decorate it Sunday morning. We might go see Santa on Sunday too. 
    If not, we will put up the tree during nap on Sunday and do Santa next weekend.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Oh crap, Harti's post just reminded me that tonight is our town's Christmas tree lighting and we are going to do that. Guess I need to clean out my car so we can all ride together.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• We were supposed to have a family picture done but it is 100% rain all day. We were also supposed to get our Christmas tree. DH is now working tomorrow. So just me and G again. I was thinking of starting to bake a bit. I'd really like to get Christmas decorations out. I'm normally fully decorated by now. It's bumming Mr out.
  • Julia's birthday party is tomorrow afternoon after naps, so I'll spend the morning cleaning and doing food prep while DH sleeps off his night shift.  Sunday we don't have much planned other than church and hanging Christmas lights.
  • Shark tank watching this evening.
    Tomorrow E has soccer and then we will do some housecleaning and shopping. Then at night we will go to the town tree lighting and go to one of the crazy lights houses near us.

Sunday I invited his whole class over for a play date. I think only a couple friends are coming though. He always talks about wanting his friends to come over, so that will be fun. I guess I will have to clean the rest of the day. Not so fun.

• amandad715amandad715 member
    edited December 2014
    Hung out with the boys tonight after shopping at Hobby Lobby and did our usual Friday Stbx run. DH is at his work holiday party. Tomorrow, Will has soccer and the dog has a much-needed grooming appt. DH needs to go into work durIng lunch and naps. 
    We were hoping to get our tree this weekend and put up our  decorations.  Maybe tomorrow afternoon after naps before it gets so dark! Then on Sunday, we have to go into the suburbs for a double bday party for H's friend's kids(ages 3 & 5). It's nice they invite us and it's at a kid-jumpy place, I think, so I know the boys will have fun. But we live over an hour away and it's during naptime. Not to mention it's the holiday season with a whole bunch of stuff to do. Oh and I'm 34 weeks pregnant. 
    I hate that I have to guess at bday presents bc we're not that close. I think the last time we saw the family was at a Super Bowl party last winter. Tonight we picked out a crafty thing at HL for the 5 y/o girl. H is in charge of a truck of some sort for the little boy. H is close with his friend and they meet up a lot to golf here and there. However, we always have soooooo much going on here in our area (family things, friend things and work things) on the weekend that I get annoyed when he wants us to hang out with all his college buddies and their families who live downtown or in the suburbs. 

Rant over. Maybe this should have gone in the FFFC. Oh well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Emma has a soccer tournament this weekend, they won both games today and have two more tomorrow. Tonight we're going to a Christmas event at Balboa Park. All of the museums are free (Natural History, Air & Space, Science Center, Photography) and there are puppet shows, ballet performances, Santa, Christmas lights, etc.

We're hoping to get the tree up tomorrow too.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Saturday afternoon we took the kids for pictures with Santa.

Then in the evening we went on a Polar Express train ride. It was so much fun, but we nearly missed it bc it was pouring rain, 75 minutes away, and there was a huge oil tanker/tractor trailer accident closing the highway we needed to get on. We set out to get there a half hour early, but ended up getting there just in the nick of time.

We paid $$$$ for the tickets back in August when they first went on sale at midnight bc they sell out immediately. There was no way I was letting us miss it!

• DH ended up taking the boys to the bday part by himself bc honestly, I wasn't going to be much help at a gymnastics place.
    I got to grocery shop at a leisurely pace. It was so peaceful. Then I treated myself to a coffee and a pedicure while I graded papers. I should always grade papers when someone is massaging my feet.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Neighbor selling advocare called Friday and I didn't call back. She lives behind me and could see I was home. Ooooops.

So guess who we ran into at Target today? Yup. She didn't mention it and I didn't say sorry for not returning her call. I'm so awkward. Her kid had just vomited all over her in the produce section and they just got done cleaning it up. She was wearing a shirt she had to buy from there. I felt so bad for her.

Then we go out to the car a half hour later... Guess who is parked 3 spaces over putting groceries in the car? What is the freaking chance! So she brought it up. Her opening party is tomorrow at 7pm, I told her I don't get home until 730. She seemed really sad and I feel bad because of the whole thing including the vomit
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"