September 2014 Moms

Weird letdown issue?

Has anyone else noticed that when they beggin nursing LO on one side that the other boob immediately begins to hurt or feel tender?

Re: Weird letdown issue?

• Yes - If I'm very full like first thing in the morning I will get that deep uncomfortable feeling during letdown on the other side.  
    Big Brother Nolan 07.30.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes both boobs let down. Normal I assume... i didn't have this problem last time as I had a baby for each boob. I just push my hand against the other boob until letdown stops in it.

• Glad I'm not alone. Thx!
  • Yes!! I let down on both sides every time. I've decided to take advantage of it and pump the side that LO is not on. I've built up a nice back up of milk this way. Some people have also suggested "milk savers" to me to catch the let down but I haven't tried them.
  • Mine let down on both sides every single time-I assumed this was the usual...I find it interesting that others only feel it on one side!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yep. I wear a nursing pad or stick the pump on the other side. Otherwise I soak my shirt
  • My other boob leaked in the beginning. Now my supply is regulating and the other boob leaks when we miss a feeding or at work.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I also have a letdown on both sides while nursing. I can feel it coming and get this weird tingling sensation.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"