July 2015 Moms
Options

Those sending out holiday pregnancy announcements

We are planing on telling family on/around Christmas, and then hoping to send out New Years pregnancy announcement cards right after. But I am having a hard time finding these types of cards online. Could anyone suggest a place to order these from? I know I could also design my own, but them where do I get them printed?

Re: Those sending out holiday pregnancy announcements

• Options
    You can design your own and make them the size of a 4x5 photo and have them printed at a kiosk at Walgreens or Walmart.
  • Options
    I am planning on sending friends and family a Valentine's Day e-card (via Paperless Post or the like) since we recently moved far away. We're just editing the card to fit our needs. I bet you could do the same.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yea, but in reality anything you send some is going to get thrown out, I always throw away Christmas cards/birth announcements/ ect
  • Options
    lilweenie said:

Yea, but in reality anything you send some is going to get thrown out, I always throw away Christmas cards/birth announcements/ ect

Perhaps. I really only send them to my older relatives and family friends who don't have FB or email. They keep everything. Lol. And if they don't, I'm not offended. I spend less than $10 on them and I like sending and receiving Christmas cards. I'm also a big fan of handwritten letters.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've had a lot of things printed on Vistaprint that I was happy with. I'm sure you can design something there.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am not sure but maybe shutterfly.com has something.
           BabyFruit Ticker      
                Our Rainbow Baby 
                                                                 Image and video hosting by TinyPic                                                    
          Me- 28, DH- 32 ----> together six years, married June 2012
    TTC ---> since the wedding night
    Initial diagnosis of PCOS, currently labeled as unexplained infertility
    Clomid and trigger shot regimen
    BFP 12/20/13, EDD 8/25/2014, baby got his wings at 11 weeks and 3 days.
    IVF - 2 day6 frozen embryos transferred 11/5/14, 9 frozen babies
    BFP 11/9/14, EDD 7/24/2015

• Options
    Look on Groupon, I've seen a lot of discounts for cards/announcements. Etsy has a lot of cute homemade types of things if you are having trouble being creative. We're not sending anything formal out but I did get my son a shirt that says this Elf is being promoted to Big Brother July 2015 to wear at Christmas parties. After that just a post to FB after 1st appt.
  • Options
    I'd recommend vistaprint if you want to print customized picture cards on nice card stock paper.  We did that last year for the holidays but are trying to save some money and are doing handwritten cards this time.  I understand that in some cases the cards are just tossed, but many older family members really really like receiving updates in the mail and will keep the cards.  We are not planning on making pregnancy related announcements through these cards.  Rather, they will just be holiday cards and the receivers of the cards will likely be getting a call instead to learn about the pregnancy.
  • Options
    Try shutterfly.com
    I made my Save the Dates and Xmas cards there. They have good prices- like 50cents a card. Design online then they print them and mail them to you.
    Me: 27 DH: 33
    Married 5/2012
    BFP 11/17/2014

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lilweenie said:
    It might be because I'm super lazy, but I still have the photo Christmas cards I got last year up on my fridge. Not even contemplating removing them yet, even as I start to get new ones. I like having pictures of my friends and family up on my fridge, even if they are a year old :)
    Me: 30 H: 30 
    Married since May 2008
    TTC Since February 2014
    1st BFP: June 17, 2014; EDD Feb 25, 2015; ^^MMC July 2014^^
    2nd BFP: November 10, 2014; EDD July 26, 2015. Please be our RAINBOW!
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage
    ^Cherokee Rose (TWD) ^
  • Options
    I usually design my own and use a local printer, but shutterfly and it's affiliates (tiny prints etc.) are great. 
    We won't be doing announcements as I'm pretty sure that the whole family is going to notice somethings up when I'm not drinking at our usual christmas gatherings... What can I say, I'm predictable.... and I like wine.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Etsy is really great, tons of different vendors and such a variety. 

It's really easy to print yourself, you can either print as a photo (at WalMart, Walgreens etc)
    or you can print on a thick cardstock for TinyPrints quality (Staples, Office Max)

PM me and I can give you more tips on printing yourself, what paper to use etc.
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We were going to do card announcements. But we decided on getting m&ms done and we are just going to package then ourselves and send them out. They will say due July 2015 and we're expecting and some will have a pacifier on them. Something people can be excited about and then eat them! Lol
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea. I've used vistaprint for creative cards in the past and they don't break the bank. I wanted to do this myself but DH thinks it's too early to announce to the world. I'll be 10 weeks for Christmas.
  • Options
    I've received pregnancy announcements over the years and all of them are still on my back fridge. We don't normally do Christmas cards but I like the combo announcement idea so I went for it. We have a lot of family friends and relatives that aren't on Facebook and we really don't see anymore, they are older and I know they will enjoy a card from us. I actually ordered mine from vista print earlier today, Groupon has a great deal on them. I'm not sending them out until Christmas week, a little late but I will be almost 12 weeks then.
  • Options
    I love this idea! My family and friends are spread out across the states, so it's a nice way to let people know more personally before the news inevitably ends up in fb! I received a sex reveal/announcement from a friend from high school and thought it was classy and cute :) I'll make ours on Tinyprints, same place I do Christmas cards!
  • Options
    I highly recommend uprinting.com
    DH and I used them for wedding invites, and we got 500 custom double sided invites with envelopes for under $110. The price and the quality were incredible, and they always do free proofs.

Good luck! 
  • Options
    Minted.com and look under babies, also shutterfly has some too!
  • Options
    Vistaprint Is great and cheap. We're doing the same but just to relatives and good friends. At least that way we know our announcement will be on a fridge for a bit before it hits the recycling!!
  • Options
    Isn't it too early? I'm telling my parents this weekend and then the other grandparents sometime this month, but I'm afraid to send out announcements to everyone. I like the Valentine's idea.
  • Options
    I just got some Christmas card announcements for close friends through vistaprint. They came out awesome.
  • Options
    Tinyprints.com
    Minted.com
    Costco.com

I'm going to be sending a little ballon with a note inside of it and a pin that will be used to pop it :]
  • Options
    Have you looked into Redstamp? They have the option of sending your cards online and printed as well! Really reasonable prices and then you've covered all ages of family you'd like to share the good news with :)
  • Options
    lmsquires said:

Isn't it too early? I'm telling my parents this weekend and then the other grandparents sometime this month, but I'm afraid to send out announcements to everyone. I like the Valentine's idea.

For some, maybe. But I'll be 12 weeks middle of Dec. I have a 7/1 EDD. If you're toward the end of the month, it can probably seem crazy that we are already talking about announcements. Lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We did Christmas cards from Walgreens. They have an awesome code for 30% off which we got yesterday. We had 40 flat glossy cards made with envelopes for $25. Can't beat that!
  • Options
    Have their been any threads yet on what's in the actual photo for the announcement? We will probably just put a cute photo up on Facebook but I'd love some ideas on the actual photo. I'm thinking of starting a thread on this if there isn't one already.
    Like I think this idea is cute:
    This signature is all for YOU. I'm on mobile and can't see crap.
    MMC EDD: 1/5/2015  D&C: 5/31/14
    MC    EDD: 4/21/15 Lost: 8/24/14
    BFP for my Rainbow!! 11/6/14
    EDD: 7/20/15

• Options
    I used shutterfly to make New Years announcement cards. I based it more around New Years and then just signed it from all of us including baby (arriving July 2015) hope this helps!!!
  • Options
    @thiscoffeechick‌ we're going to announce with a picture on fb. Bf/ex bf (whatever he is), DS, and I are going to all wear our Seahawks jerseys and we'll be holding a baby Seahawks onesie
  • Options
    image I'm thinking of giving my parents one of these for Christmas (or two is there are twins) and then getting each of my siblings aunt and uncle shirts.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are sending out a holiday card/baby announcement right around Xmas. We ordered ours off of shutterfly. They turned out great & came super fast! Definitely recommend it.
  • Options

lilweenie said:

If you send me a cute card with actual pictures on it I keep them.  I scan them in, upload them to my external harddrive and I have a special photo album for them.

Apparently I am a dork. LOL!

I keep all of the special cards I get, photo cards, announcements, wedding/shower invites. I have all te cards from special people in my life back to my first birthday.

I'm a dork too :)
  • Options
    image I'm thinking of giving my parents one of these for Christmas (or two is there are twins) and then getting each of my siblings aunt and uncle shirts.

Maybe its the hormones, but I just cried reading this- how adorable!!

• Options
    Shutterfly prints them... I made mine :)
  • Options
    I like 123print.com

They have free shipping and evenlopes. 

December 4                     image

Married-1/2012
    TTC-8/2013   BFP-4/18/14  EDD: 12/29/12 MC-5/17/14 @ 7w4d
    BFP #2-11/13/14  EDD: 7/26/14  Beta #1: 11/14/13 (135 progesterone: 19.5)   Beta #2" 11/17/14 (733 ) 
    Hoping for good news!

Everyone Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"