July 2015 Moms
Options

35+ yr old moms to be

I will be a first time mom at 37, I'm 7 weeks 3 days currently, and anxious about the upcoming chromosome tests. I know worrying about things will not help but am curious how other mothers are coping with same issues.

Re: 35+ yr old moms to be

• Options
    charlie+7charlie+7 member
    edited November 2014
    The 35 and over group is also pretty good. I'm 35 and worried about these upcoming tests but hoping it's all ok. Just another 4 weeks to wait!
    @jefa621‌ Hope all goes well on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Thanks Jefa621 for your kind words and I am sorry to hear about your worrisome ultrasound. I hope Tuesday will ease your fears and you receive good news. The waiting is the worse. And I too am trying to stay positive and enjoy my pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info charlie+7. Im fairly new here and was unaware of the group. Thank you!!
  • Options
    charlie+7charlie+7 member
    edited November 2014
    Waiting is terrible but I'm sure everyone is worried 1st trimester, especially us first time mums. To ease my worries I think of all my friends over 35 who have had healthy babies
  • Options
    37 with my first and trying not to be a pile of worry. Dr has me taking 4000 mg of folic acid a day since I have a genetic disposition to have a child with spinobiphoda, which doesn't help relieve any worry....except that I'm glad I know so I can be taking extra precautions!
    I didn't realize there was a 35+ board either, I'll check it out. Congrats ladies!!
  • Options
    I think it's officially called "pregnant after 35". I've been lurking a bit over there too
  • Options
    First tri is the worst. Thankfully the holidays are a good distraction.

I'll be 38 when I have this LO. I've had multiple losses, so that's not helping my anxiety. First u/s is Monday at 5w5d, fx something is there.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Options
    I was 36 when I had my daughter and will be 38 when #2 arrives. I am not having any tests just trying to relax and trust in God.
  • Options

I was 36 when I had my daughter and will be 38 when #2 arrives. I am not having any tests just trying to relax and trust in God.

My mother had me 3 months before her 38th birthday. I was her 4th child. She refused any of the tests and just knew that she would love me no matter what. I turned out awesome! B-)
  • Options
    I'm 36 and this is baby #3 for me. Baby is due July 26 and my birthday is July 28. So I could be 36 or 37 when it's born. :-)
  • Options
    35 here and pregnant with #2. Just trying to relax and not stress out. Seems more and more of us are having babies 35+ these days and that makes me feel better.
  • Options
    I will be 35 when baby number 3&4 grace us with their presence. This has been a journey thus far but, we have faith and taking it one day at a time. I wish everyone the best of luck & a happy stress free pregnancies.
  • Options
    I'm in the 35+ club, too.  I definitely think about the risks, especially downs syndrome and other trisomy.  But, I keep reminding myself that the odds are far, far greater that everything will be ok.  I'm 8w4d, so not too much longer until I can start testing.  

I'll be doing all tests that are recommended.  I just have this need to know stuff.

Married - April 2014  |  Miscarriage - June 2014
    BFP - Oct 2014 - was scheduled for IVF, but discovered we did it naturally instead! - first baby!  EDD July 8

image  image
  • Options
    36 here and 5 plus weeks pregnant with ny second. My little guy will be a year old next Sunday. I didn't do any tests with him and may skip them again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    svhillsvhill member
    edited November 2014
    36, with my first after a long time trying. The 4th IUI worked! 5w2d now, I'm more working about it not sticking than anything else right now!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great advice and kind words ladies. I hope each of you have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy. As the days tick by it does become a little easier to relax.
  • Options
    40rh birthday today and due with my first. 10 weeks 2 days today. NT scan and blood test on Monday. Having all recommended tests. Was anyone else totally bummed out to be called "AMA"? I get it, but feel we can come up with a better term! I don't feel "advanced"! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"