Adoption

Ready to intro

Hello Adoption Board! I have been lurking around here for a couple of months casually. I feel that I am ready to intro here. A little bit of our story. I have a DS who turned 15 years in September. I was a single parent for many years and but then met and married my DH in November 2010. We knew that we wanted to expand our family immediately. From the time that we met we talked about how we would expand our family if for some reason we were not sucessful on our own. After a year we experienced a BFP, but then discovered it was ectopic. Once we were able to try again, we relaxed a bit. 3 years later we explored some fertility treatments, but now are ready to just get on with expanding our family. From the beginning our main goal has always been to expand our family. Even though time goes by fast, we are not getting younger. We also recognize that families are made up in all different ways, so are ready to move to find our next family member. We have decided on domestic adoption through our local CAS. (We are in Canada) We submitted our application a few weeks ago and today received a message to book our first meeting. We are super excited to finally have the process moving forward! My DS is excited to finally have a sibling and is anxious to get this process moving. I look forward to getting to know everyone here and perhaps providing and receiving some support along the way!

************Siggy warning, LO & loss***************

Me 37 - DH 37 unexplained infertility
DS born 09/99
TTC since 2010
12/11 BFP - ectopic, received methotrexate, benched 4 months 
08/14 - exploring fertility options

Tubes clear, SA for DH all clear
10/14- #1 IUI (femera/ovadril/progesterone), 2 follicles 22/17, post wash count 94 million BFN

10/14 - #2 IUI (Femera/ovidrel/progesterone ), 2 follies 19/20, post wash 111 million, BFN Dec 2014 Femera BFFN Taking a break to explore foster to adopt!

Re: Ready to intro

• Welcome!

January 2014--Picked Agency, had informational Meeting and turned in Application
    June      2014--Started our Home Study (all paperwork &fingerprinting that ensued)
    August  2014--Finished our Home Study and Officially Waiting

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome RedandBlue, our stories are a bit similar, however, we are in the process of an international adoption but I also have a DS who turned 15 in September and is super excited about having a sibling.  We also did the whole assisted repro thing and like you said we are NOT getting any younger (just turned 38) so we chose to adopt.  This forum has been a great tool for knowledge and support.

Good Luck :-) 
  • Hello and Welcome!

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Thanks everyone! I look forward to getting to you all! @perumom‌ sounds like we do have very similar stories! We would have consider international infant adoption, but are hesitant about the long waits and huge expense! I wish there were more financial resources to utilize :(

************Siggy warning, LO & loss***************

Me 37 - DH 37 unexplained infertility
    DS born 09/99
    TTC since 2010
    12/11 BFP - ectopic, received methotrexate, benched 4 months 
    08/14 - exploring fertility options

Tubes clear, SA for DH all clear
    10/14- #1 IUI (femera/ovadril/progesterone), 2 follicles 22/17, post wash count 94 million BFN

10/14 - #2 IUI (Femera/ovidrel/progesterone ), 2 follies 19/20, post wash 111 million, BFN Dec 2014 Femera BFFN Taking a break to explore foster to adopt!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"