May 2013 Moms
Options

Cruise with LO?

Anyone taken a cruise with their LO(s)?  I did post about this before, and I remember someone on the board was going to be cruising with their LO, but cannot remember who it was.  Anyway, my ILs are taking our family on a cruise (Royal Caribbean cruise line) for Christmas in 2 weeks, and I'm just trying to get everything prepared.  If you have cruised with LO, how did it go, and how extensive/minimally did you pack?  I'm super anxious about this, but trying hard not to be!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Cruise with LO?

• Options

@shopgirl921 -- Thank you so much for the response!  The cruise is going from Tampa to Cozumel, and that's the only port stop so there will be a lot of time spent on board the ship.  I know RC has a diaper/wipe program similar to Disney, but it is pretty expensive, so we have decided to just bring our own.  I found out about the policy about non-potty trained babies not being allowed in the pools a few weeks ago, which is disappointing, but hopefully there will be enough other activities on board that it won't really matter.

As far as entertainment is concerned, did you just bring toys/activities mainly for your flight or car ride?  Also, did you bring many sippy cups/bibs?  Just trying to think of things that DD uses every day that might not be readily available on a ship. 

I really wish this was going to be a Disney cruise, but I'm sure it will still be fun. 

• Options

Thanks, @OLJ1010!  I'm totally overwhelmed with the thought of and preparation for traveling with LO since this will be our first airplane trip and venture out of the state, but I do think it will end up being a good experience.  Congrats to you on your new LO!! 

@shopgirl921, thanks again for the information and tips--really appreciate it!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When my middle son was around the same age, we did the Disney Cruise with extended family.   It was amazing, although it does stink that un-potty trained kids can't go in the pool.  We were able to leave both our kids with Grandma, and DH and I were able to go snorkeling when the ship docked, etc.  It was almost like a second honeymoon at times!  Extended family wanted all the extra time they could get with the kids...and we were happy to get the break.  Also check to see if there is any type of childcare available on the ship.  That is another option instead of having to pack a lot of toys.  Remember, cruise ships also tend to make those animals with the towels after the rooms had been serviced.  We took another cruise to Alaska when our kids were older, and because they knew we had kids, the guy always made extra.  My kids played with those for hours  Enjoy the trip!

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"