January 2013 Moms
Options

Thankful Thursday

Let's give thanks! What are you thankful for today?

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thankful Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thankful for my sick diseased adorable child and Advil to keep me functional. Thankful for a job I love. Thankful for a Dh that loves me and I love back. Thankful for an amazing family support system including a mother that would do anything for me, so grateful. Soblessed in the little things. :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Today I'm thankful for all that we are able to give to DD, and all that we can do for her.

We decided to adopt one child and a family through a charity in Chicago. I have purchased basically an embarrassing amount of gifts for Bridget this year. I really love Christmas and I really love buying presents. We thought this would be a good way to buy a few more gifts for family in need. Then I got the list. I am tremendously grateful that my daughter has literally everything she needs. The things that the little family and the little boy asked for would break your heart. Things like a warm coat and mittens, toothbrushes, diapers. Things that I very much take for granted. I guess I'm just posting this to say that it sounds like we are all pretty lucky this holiday season. And, that we all have lots to be thankful for!

On a much lighter note, I am really thankful for baby Motrin. We are all sick here, still. Like, six weeks later and we are all still going strong with coughs and runny noses. Baby Motrin is the only reason why Bridget stay to sleep last night and I got to sleep a little. Hooray!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I am SO very thankful that tonight is my last grad class of the semester. And that tomorrow is basically my last day of internship--which means that one more semester and approximately 4 months for now I will FINALLY graduate with my masters (and hopefully be on my way to a full time job).

I am thankful for my family of course. Having DD and DH out of town has made me realize how much I enjoy having them around. Although, not going to lie, I am thankful for the peace and quiet especially because I have had tons of work to do as the semester winds down. I am also thankful for my mom. She can drive me crazy, but she really would do anything for DD and me (and DH too). She's going through a lot, my grandma is suffering from dementia and staying with my parents right now. She's pretty much driving my mom bat s*it crazy but my mom is an only child and will do anything for her and to assure that she is safe and taken care of.

And finally, I am thankful for this little bean growing inside of me. A week from today we FINALLY get to see him/her on U/S. I'm not gonna lie, I'm super nervous but super excited to see a (hopefully) healthy and growing baby :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Kyleedawn08Kyleedawn08 member
    edited December 2014
    Thankful after an eventful day/night of contractions and bleeding I am home and babyless. Thankful that he is still cooking. And very thannkful that I have an appointment today and after I will most likely not be working until after baby, so I will have more one on one time with Ben before ds2 arrives
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @Talkativ15 I am 11 weeks 2 days. Most people have had an ultrasound by now. However, I switched to a practice that uses midwives this time as that was my preference. My first appt. was at 8 weeks 6 days and she said she wouldn't be doing an US then. She used the doppler but it was too early and she confirmed my uterus is tilted, thus making it pretty much impossible to hear anything at that point. However, she felt my uterus and said it was exactly as it should be for that point (whatever that means). I'm trying not to be too anxious as I haven't had any negative signs and a fair amount of symptoms. However, as someone who has experienced loss in the pass it is hard to wait so long. Luckily school has been keeping me busy and my mind occupied.

@kyleedawn08--glad he's cooking a little while longer! Enjoy your time with DS as an only child while you can :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Kyleedawn08Kyleedawn08 member
    edited December 2014
    @Talkativ15‌ @ohiodoxiemama08‌ I am due jan 2 & yes we had Ben last week in his pregnancy. I am dilated to a 2 & still having contractions. Hoping we can keep him cooking for a couple more weeks
  • Options
    Jessie333Jessie333 member
    edited December 2014
    I am thankful for the little man I am holding in my arms. I love him so much already. He had tied a true double knot in his umbilical cord. The more I think about it and learn about it, the more I realize how incredibly blessed we are that ds is here and ok. He is my miracle baby. I am also thankful he is doing so well. At 6 days old he is already over his birth weight and breastfeeding has been so much easier this time than it ever was with dd.

I am thankful for DD. She is such a blessing in my life and I love her so incredibly much.

I am thankful for dh. He works so hard and that let's me be a sahm. He takes such good care of our family. I can't imagine my life without him.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"