Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting, Waiting... (Intro)

Hi Ladies, 

I'm new to the board but not to TB. I had a LO in June of 2013 and was on TB then under the name Bbycarter13. I no longer have access to the email account attached to that SN so I had to create a new one. 

I am currently in that long 2 week waiting period before you can test. DH and I got married 2 weeks ago tomorrow. We did the deed on our honeymoon then when we got home I realized I was ovulating. So now I'm waiting to test. Of course I'm not sure but I'm fairly certain we did get pregnant. The chances are very high and I've noticed a steady discharge (different from my normal monthly discharge) this week that is similar to what I had when I got knocked up with DD. (Sorry TMI)

We weren't planning on having a baby right away because we have to finish working on the house and we want a chance to get settled and get use to being a family of 3 first. (DD is from a previous relationship but DH came into the picture when DD was 3 months old. Her biofather left me right after we found out I was pregnant. DH and lived a hour apart up until last week so while he has been around DD, it will still be an adjust for us all living together.)

The absolute earliest I can test with a FRER is next Wednesday. I think I'm going to drive myself crazy by then. I just want to know. 

Re: Waiting, Waiting... (Intro)

• Options
    I have an extremely regular cycle. I mean textbook. I know this from keeping track and charting cervical mucus religiously since DD was born. I ovulate with a 48 hr period of my cycle every month. I always have light cramps and a massive headache during this period. This period just happened to be toward the end of our honeymoon. With all the craziness of the wedding I didn't pay attention to where I was in my cycle. I know there are more effective ways of charting but what I do works for me.
  • Options
    I realize this is neither here nor there, but why weren't you/ aren't you using reliable BC if you aren't TTC?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think she was talking about the period of time where she got cramps and headaches.  

But yes, ovulation doesn't take 48 hours...but you could get symptoms around the time of ovulation.  (I know i do!) 

I would wonder why you went without birth control but that doesn't matter anymore.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations, this is exciting !
    28 Hours, 10 minutes, who cares! 

• Options
    Congratulations, this is exciting !
    28 Hours, 10 minutes, who cares! 

People who appreciate facts and science, that's who cares. 

Also I *think* OP meant there's a 48 hour period in each cycle that she believes that she ovulated, not that ovulation lasted 48 hours. Like, she always ovulated at sometime between CD14-CD16. 
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • Options
    mondaymamimondaymami member
    edited November 2014

I just think it doesn't really come off as welcoming and your first post should express more welcoming responses then instructions that might come off as condescending.

Maybe that's just me!

Either way, enjoy your science and facts.

• Options

I just think it doesn't really come off as welcoming and your first post should express more welcoming responses then instructions that might come off as condescending.

Maybe that's just me!

Either way, enjoy your science and facts.

First response;

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Please feed me rainbow farts and unicorn sparkles. I HATE science and facts and I refuse to enjoy them!

Second (and more meaningful) response;

Giving someone scientific data (like the fact that you ovulate for MINUTES and not HOURS or DAYS) is not being condescending. It is giving helpful information about how ovulation works.

Anniversary
    Me 27  DH 31
    Married 11.1.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"