March 2014 Moms

How do you put your bra on?

angelsnightangelsnight member
edited November 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Assuming you wear one that clasps in the back...my mom always taught me the most unsexy way, hook it in front around my tummy, spin it around and pull it up. On TV they always put it over their shoulders and boobs and then reach behind and hook it. I could maybe get one hook done this way, but probably not even lined up correctly. So I'm wondering how real women put it on....practical and easy, or sexy and difficult.
Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

How do you put your bra on? 119 votes

Hook around tummy, spin it around
54% 65 votes
Put the bra on and hook it behind your back
42% 50 votes
SS-there is always one
3% 4 votes

Re: How do you put your bra on?

• I'm not trying to be mean. But how is doing it behind your back difficult?
    I dunno, short arms, can't get it hooked right without being able to see what I'm doing. 
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• babycaps said:

I clasp it behind my back and then I put my arms through the shoulder straps.  

Exactly this.
    But I still have to add in the nursing pads. I'm getting really sick of them. 2 years I've been wearing them! TWO years!!!! Sigh.
  • Loading the player...
  • I put on the straps then hook it behind my back. I line up the little loops with my thumb nail. Then slide the hooks over my nail to line it up and it glides right on
  • I guess I'm a weirdo. I usually clasp it then put it over my head like a shirt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• laurstarx said:

I guess I'm a weirdo. I usually clasp it then put it over my head like a shirt.

I wouldn't be able to get mine over my shoulders if I did that. Lol.
  • I do the hook around the tummy method too. I wonder if there is a size issue here - I was a DD pre-baby and all of my bras had 3-4 hooks. There's no way I could get all of that lined up correctly without looking!
  • kaking78 said:

I do the hook around the tummy method too. I wonder if there is a size issue here - I was a DD pre-baby and all of my bras had 3-4 hooks. There's no way I could get all of that lined up correctly without looking!

I'm not big chested but I have worn bras with multiple clips. (The cute ones that go down your rib cage). Never had a problem clasping all them.
  • I've always done it in back.....never thought about even trying another way!  And I've got huge boobs and those multi prong (usually 4) bras.  Guess I learned the talent early and just kept at it.  But am fascinated that the majority put it on in front!  Mind blown.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not trying to be mean. But how is doing it behind your back difficult?

it is... maybe I'm too stiff in the am.  Stuck in damn box.  I'm a hood and spin around my stomach type I will say when I was younger I used the hook in the front type bra bc I've always had difficulty with the straps getting tangled up and I get so easily frustrated.
  • laurstarx said:
    I guess I'm a weirdo. I usually clasp it then put it over my head like a shirt.
    This. We're one of the : "There's always one."
    Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

• I put arms in first, lean over (I am large chested (E)) to get the tata's in the cups and fasten while bent over.  Keeps the boobs from pulling the bra down my shoulders or them popping out the bottom...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"