January 2015 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Gingivitis?

with my first pregnancy the dentist told me my gums didn't know I was pregnant. Now I'm 8 months into my second pregnancy and out of nowhere my gums are puffy and hurting and bleed when I brush or floss. Not sure if this is the start or gingivitis or what? I have a dental appt on the 10th, but am wondering if I should try to get in to the dentist sooner? My gums hurt too. Anyone have gums issues while prego?

Re: Pregnancy Gingivitis?

• Options
    My teeth are way more sensitive right now. It is common to have more inflamed gums when pregnant. Make sure you are brushing twice/day, flossing once/day, and use mouthwash if you can. I think you are probably fine to wait for your appointment unless you are in pain...
    DD#1 (6), DD#2 (4), DD#3 (0)
  • Options
    I had this and the dentist was able to get rid of it with a cleaning but recommended that I floss after every meal. I was good fora couple weeks but after neglecting this for a while my gums are bleeding again. I think its ok to wait unless you have pain.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!  I did go to the dentist and have a cleaning.  It is gingivitis, but luckily they said my mouth looks great otherwise so they see no reason why it won't clear up and go away on it's own once I have the baby.  Luckily the cleaning helped and they aren't hurting as much.
  • Options
    Ugh my gums are really bugging me lately.
  • Options
    I had a cleaning appointment at around 8 weeks and they warned me of this. I had another cleaning yesterday at 36 weeks and the hygienist said I had slight inflammation in the back. She said it's likely just pregnancy related but to keep up on my flossing. It should all be better by my next cleaning in six months.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Options
    Thanks!  I did go to the dentist and have a cleaning.  It is gingivitis, but luckily they said my mouth looks great otherwise so they see no reason why it won't clear up and go away on it's own once I have the baby.  Luckily the cleaning helped and they aren't hurting as much.
    I get an extra cleaning, too.  It seems to be helping keep things in shape!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"