Multiples
Options

twins???

I took an at home test about a week ago, and after getting a positive test I went to the Dr today. I was thinking I was about 4 weeks but my Dr. went ahead and did my 1st ultrasound. They said it looks as if there are TWO embryo sacs???? Neither my husband or I have twins in our family. On the ultrasound it looks as if only one embryo sac has an embryo but she said that isn't uncommon this early. I go back in 3 weeks to check for sure because she said it was to on early to tell. It xould possibly be an empty sac that will dissolve? havnt had any side effects. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Also I haven't had anybside affects.

Re: twins???

• Options
    I had 2 sacs at 5 weeks and they checked again at 6 weeks and I had 2 fetal poles. There is no way to know for sure until they verify there are 2 heartbeats , by ultrasound. If so... Congrats! No history on either side of our families either. There was no difference in my first trimester with this pregnancy than with my two previous singleton pregnancies.

Married to Lee since 9/2/2000

Momma to Hais November 2002 and Carter April 2010 (with use of fertility treatments)

Cancer Survivor

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm also having twins and no twins run in our families either, so it was a huge shock finding out. I didn't know it was twins until my dating ultrasound which was around 10 weeks! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Twins don't run in my family either!  I read somewhere that if you're just having a lot of sex you can get pregnant with fraternal twins.  I got pregnant on my honeymoon so I was like, that makes sense!  And yes you will just have to wait until you hear the heart beats to confirm.  Congrats either way!
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    No twins here either! But I have identicals and those are never genetic....
    Hopefully a swcond ultrasound in a couple weeks will clear things up for you. Either way, I wish you a healthy, happy pg!

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    More sex doesn't make your ovaries drop more eggs... That's a myth
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"