Colorado Babies

Rose vs St Joes

Hi ladies,

My doctor delivers at both Rose and St Joes.  My husband and I will tour both, but wondering if there are opinions/preferences out there? Would appreciate any help! Thank you

Re: Rose vs St Joes

• My mom had me and 3 of my siblings at rose. The last baby just turning 4. They stopped going to rose though because they said that every time after they delivered they couldnt get any alone time with baby or any rest. The nurses kept bothering them and were rushing them out after each delivery. They had my last brother at skyridge about 2 years ago and loved it! My next brother is going to be delivered at skyridge too
  • Go to St. Joseph. They have a better NICU than Rose and deliver the most babies in the state of Colorado. Tour both and decide. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • St. Joe's...friend delivered at Rose and they had an awful experience.  SJU is a great hospital and I have only heard great things about L&D

• I have the same dilemma and need to choose between the two hospitals. I'm due early May, ans the new maternity ward at St. Joe's will be open so I'm leaning that way. I would be interested to hear what you choose!
  • I just had my baby at St. Joe's. My nurse was Great! Everyone was so helpful and the accommodations were really nice. I'm told the new wing is even nicer. I'd go with St. Joe's. Hope that helps.
  • Lizzle21 said:
    I just had my baby at St. Joe's. My nurse was Great! Everyone was so helpful and the accommodations were really nice. I'm told the new wing is even nicer. I'd go with St. Joe's. Hope that helps.
    I'm planning on delivering there in May, did they let you delay bathing?  Would you mind telling more about your experience?  I am wanting to give the first bath or at least delay until after I attempt to BF and delay shots and such until after that time.  Thanks!

• No problem. First, I'm sure they will let you do whatever you want if you share it with them. I didn't have any special requests a and after my daughter was born my husband cut her cord, they clamped it and she was placed directly on my chest. She was there for an hour before they wanted to do anything. It was great. I did breast feed for a few minutes. Everything is in the same room you deliver so it's really nice. You can see the bath and when they check the baby out. After my hour with her we let our parents in the room and that's when they did the bath and shots. You are in the delivery room for about two hours maybe more until you move to the mom and baby rooms. They are all nice but it was good for us to do shots and bath before we moved rooms. Let me know if you have more questions. Again, I loved everyone that helped. The experience was so much better due to their kindness.
  • I work as a mom/baby and transition RN at St. Joe's. I had my baby there and I would go no where else!!

Delaying the bath at St. Joe's is not a problem. As far as the shots go, the Vitamin K is HIGHLY recommended as it is very important (if you are having a boy and you want a circumcision, it won't be done if the Vitamin K is not given. Vitamin K helps to prevent excessive bleeding and is not a vaccine). Delaying the Hep. B vaccine is fine. As always, it is always your choice as a patient what meds are administered to your baby.

The new St. Joe's opens on 12-13-14. Hope to see you there in the spring!!
  • eclohoecloho member
    St. Joes allows delayed bathing...it's an option on their birthplan form. I toured there on 5/31, was impressed and look forward to delivering there at the end of July.